Who is willing to pay 20K markup for a Gladiator?

USMC Wrangler

I’ll probably never buy a brand new vehicle again, so even without the markup, I’m out. As I recall, this was a similar situation with the JL’s when they came out.

cboggs

Haven't seen dealers here marking them up at all. One dealer even has Sport S models with the HD tow package for $43k.

WJCO

Meme King
I think this thing will sell well, IMO. First time that Jeep has had a truck in almost 30 years. I think this vehicle will appeal to a lot of buyers. Lots of people want small trucks like this and now they can get a Jeep Truck.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I can honestly say it is an overpriced ugly vehicle that will ruin the brand.

LOL!! I remember people saying the same thing about the JK with it's 4-doors and the TJ with it coils. Yeah, the brand was totally ruined by them :crazyeyes:

It looks exactly like a JL with a bed. Really no surprise there. Not sure how you think it will ruin the brand.:crazyeyes: The Renegade didn't.

Was thinking the same thing. Renegade, compass, Cherokee. You name it. lol

And since when have Jeeps been anything but ugly?

Ddays

Hooked
I’m going to wait a year...for several reasons.

First, there is always a few things of concern not initially expected by engineers that get corrected after the vehicles have been out on road for awhile...

Secondly, price is always controlled by demand...not that I expect msrp to go down, but mark up gouging will probably lessen due to the initial rush to buy...

And third, the aftermarket will have more time to design and manufacture goodies...

This is exactly why I waited to get a '19 JL. I've purchased first year vehicles twice before and regretted it both times. I don't know if there is anything much different between the '18 & '19 JL's, but like Brute said, it gives them a chance to work out any unforseen things that crop up after they've been in the real world for a while.

As far as the gouging, there's always dealers that try this nonsense when a "hot new something" comes out. If someone is dumb enough to pay the premium instead of looking around, then shame on them.

Brute

Hooked
I can honestly say it is an overpriced ugly vehicle that will ruin the brand.

I think this thing will sell well, IMO. First time that Jeep has had a truck in almost 30 years. I think this vehicle will appeal to a lot of buyers. Lots of people want small trucks like this and now they can get a Jeep Truck.

LOL!! Ugly is what makes them so purrty :D

I wouldn’t call it ugly...and I think it will sell very well...just look at how many Tacoma’s are on the road...

fiend

Caught the Bug
Last time Jeep had a truck — the Comanche — they sold 190k units over 7 years (1985-1992).

Jeep sold that many JKs in 2017 alone.

Let’s hope the JL does better than the Comanche.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
First time that Jeep has had a truck in almost 30 years.

Last time Jeep had a truck — the Comanche — they sold 190k units over 7 years (1985-1992).

Jeep sold that many JKs in 2017 alone.

Let’s hope the JL does better than the Comanche.

Along with my statement above, this is a 4 DOOR Jeep truck. That will be a HUGE selling point with the modern buyer.

Ddays

Hooked
The 4 door thing makes this more marketable, and a big reason why you’ll never see a 2 door production model. That just doesn’t sell anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

This is the exact reason I didn't have a Jeep while having 3 young kids. Trying to cram all of our shit and car seats into a YJ or TJ just wasn't happening. When the JKU's came out that was a whole new ballgame.

WJCO

Meme King
This is the exact reason I didn't have a Jeep while having 3 young kids. Trying to cram all of our shit and car seats into a YJ or TJ just wasn't happening. When the JKU's came out that was a whole new ballgame.

We've done several road trips with the JKU with 3 kids fully loaded with fridge, gear, etc. It can definitely be done. The truck will be even better I think.

Torrin

If I decide to go to a midsized truck, I might consider a Gladiator, but I sure won't pay above MSRP for it. I need something than can tow in any event and I already have a 2 dr and a 4dr.

Top Bottom