NEW Shoes for MOBY : 40x13.50R17 Cooper Discoverer STT Pro M/T Tires

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yes. That's what I'm envisioning. Eddie- not sure I understand your concern RE: catching the spare off a ledge? I don't know of any bumper that would shove the ledge out and around a spare 40x13.50? Is that what you're talking about?

Good bumper tire carriers remove the spare from the TAILGATE and carry it on the FRAME. Catching a spare attached to the frame will NOT jack up your tailgate the way a spare attached to the tailgate WILL. Of course, if you have something like an EVO tire carrier that is attached to their body armor, that'll take a lot of abuse too. The setup you see here is just silly - or at least, in my opinion.

I've seen guys put a square tube bent up at a 45 under their spare just for this reason. Rock ledge hits that and Jeep slides off. Good idea? Bad idea?

It's a great idea and one that our good friend brainchild came up with years ago. A lot of our friends run a tail stinger and we did too for quite some time. Of course, you'd need a hitch receiver to run one and the bumper shown above doesn't come with one.

WJCO

Meme King
Yes. That's what I'm envisioning. Eddie- not sure I understand your concern RE: catching the spare off a ledge? I don't know of any bumper that would shove the ledge out and around a spare 40x13.50? Is that what you're talking about?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

If you drop off a rock ledge and the bumper doesn't hit, sometimes the momentum of the drop will cause your spare to hit the rock ledge. Not good for the Jeep tail gate.

Basscat

OK. Yeah. I getcha. I'm already dialed in there. I was really talking only about a high and tight fitting bumper that was so tight as to be almost like no bumper and just cover up the bare body pinch seem below the tailgate. Thanks.

WJCO

Meme King
OK. Yeah. I getcha. I'm already dialed in there. I was really talking only about a high and tight fitting bumper that was so tight as to be almost like no bumper and just cover up the bare body pinch seem below the tailgate. Thanks.

You could always pull your oem bumper and paint that pinch seam black too. Then leave it bumperless or do the EVO fascia.

Basscat

Good idea but maybe not so effective meaning at that slow "drop off a ledge" speed you'd have to damn near run it out past the spare to get it to do what want it to and that creates kind of hazard walking around the back of your rig not mention it might look a little weird ?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Good idea but maybe not so effective meaning at that slow "drop off a ledge" speed you'd have to damn near run it out past the spare to get it to do what want it to and that creates kind of hazard walking around the back of your rig not mention it might look a little weird ?

LOL!! I have no idea what you're talking about but clearly, you have this all figured out. Me, I was just trying to share what I've seen but hey, what would I know.

I think after seeing the bumper on Mel's SEMA jeep that would work just fine for me. Thanks.

LOL!! Mel's new show Jeep at SEMA has never seen dirt but hey, if seeing it on anything that belongs to Mel is all it takes is for you to want it, you definitely should buy it :thumb:

Basscat

LOL!! I have no idea what you're talking about but clearly, you have this all figured out. Me, I was just trying to share what I've seen but hey, what would I know.

LOL!! Mel's new show Jeep at SEMA has never seen dirt but hey, if seeing it on anything that belongs to Mel is all it takes is for you to want it, you definitely should buy it :thumb:

Yeah. Sorry. Was trying to reply to another post and hit the wrong button. Mel, bumper, what?

RKJK10

So after a few months, what else can you tell us about them? How well they're wearing etc etc... how would you compare these vs the trail grapplers? I need new tires real soon, one of my tires decided to blow up on me:eek:

Attachments

• IMG_2483.jpg
    IMG_2483.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 226

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So after a few months, what else can you tell us about them? How well they're wearing etc etc... how would you compare these vs the trail grapplers? I need new tires real soon, one of my tires decided to blow up on me:eek:

I've always like Trail Grapplers but have found that I like my Cooper STT Pros more. They hook up better on the rocks, don't have a strong radial pull to the left and seem to be wearing a lot better too. The 37 I've been running on Rubicat for almost a year now still look new and have proven to be a lot tougher in the sidewalls thanks to their range E rating. The 40s are range C.

20161014155020-971d7011.jpg

Watch WAYALIFE YouTube Videos
WAYALIFE Jeeps & Specs

LO_Rex

Can you give us an update on how the SST load rage C are holding up on Moby? Is weight the only reason that many 40" tires are only offered in load range C?

Sent from my SM-G930P using WAYALIFE mobile app

RKJK10

IMG_3635.jpg IMG_3632.jpg

All mounted up and ready to go. Now the stock steering box hates me. Just noticed all 4 ball joints are shot and all tie rod ends. Which means DeATH WOBBLE! Parts are on the way. Along with PSC hydro assist.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
All mounted up and ready to go. Now the stock steering box hates me. Just noticed all 4 ball joints are shot and all tie rod ends. Which means DeATH WOBBLE! Parts are on the way. Along with PSC hydro assist.

Lookin good with them new meats! :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a recent shot of what our Coopers looked like after taking a dip in a sticky situation :crazyeyes:
20170505131237-c46308c0-me.jpg

20170505131231-23f11590.jpg

Top Bottom