WJ

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
All V8 WJ’s have a “Dana 44” in the rear. It has a aluminum center section and shares nothing with older D44. The 4.0 inline 6 WJ’s have a Dana 35 in the rear. All of them have a D30 in the front.

The WJ can be had for a really decent price, and I think they are a good platform to start a build from. I picked mine up for about 2K.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Same with the V8 ZJ's. The good old Dana 44A that has all unique parts

Sent from my PH-1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

longarmwj

Sweet and pricey! I saw those on Rusty's site.

Tell me about It. The transfercase is the issue my WJ has had that has kept it parked for so long. I’ve been too busy fucking with the JK to put money into the WJ.

I can afford an atlas for it easily, but I just don’t want to fork out that much coin all at once. I had a NP231 that i had installed (once I finally got a good usable one, but that’s another story), but ended it up selling it to a buddy who’s T-case went out in his (since his was a daily I bit the bullet and let him have it since I have multiple vehicle and don’t rely on the WJ for transportation). I want the atlas more then i want most things lol, so I’m saving up to get one eventually.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Tell me about It. The transfercase is the issue my WJ has had that has kept it parked for so long. I’ve been too busy fucking with the JK to put money into the WJ.

I can afford an atlas for it easily, but I just don’t want to fork out that much coin all at once. I had a NP231 that i had installed (once I finally got a good usable one, but that’s another story), but ended it up selling it to a buddy who’s T-case went out in his (since his was a daily I bit the bullet and let him have it since I have multiple vehicle and don’t rely on the WJ for transportation). I want the atlas more then i want most things lol, so I’m saving up to get one eventually.

Shit if it's that easy you could buy me an Atlas and ship it across the country 😂. The LS is bound to chew up the 231 at some point lol

Sent from my PH-1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Here is that same black rig. First pic 4.5" next one 6" both on 285's I believe. He later installed 35's. I think I am staying with 33's on this one.

TheKSmith4.JPG

TheKSmith5.JPG

Here is a pic on one of his trips. One of my favorite internet rigs he has since sold it.

TheKSmith3.JPG

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Hey guys,

I am internet surfing about shocks. What are some of you running on your rigs? I see JKS makes an adapter. Rusty's has some for their lift kits. I might go with the Rancho 9000's again. Suggestions, opinions please? Thanks!

WJCO

Meme King
Hey guys,

I am internet surfing about shocks. What are some of you running on your rigs? I see JKS makes an adapter. Rusty's has some for their lift kits. I might go with the Rancho 9000's again. Suggestions, opinions please? Thanks!

The Bilstein 5100s have been OK/fair long-term. They're a little soft IMO. Maybe it's because I have a V8 or because of all the shit I carry, but I wish now that I had gone with a stiffer shock.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I ran rancho 9000s on mine for years. Rode great.

The Bilstein 5100s have been OK/fair long-term. They're a little soft IMO. Maybe it's because I have a V8 or because of all the shit I carry, but I wish now that I had gone with a stiffer shock.

Are they just like the JK shocks? Shaft on top and ring on bottom? Do you guys have part numbers and size of lift you ran?

trplxj

Hey guys,

I’m running bilstein 5100 on mine. So far so good. I haven’t had it on the trail yet. Still working on the WJ. But I have had it in the road and then seem fine. In the WJ world they seem to be the go to shocks.

Top Bottom