Updated Texas Hidden Falls Adventure Park Newbie Run Oct 2nd-3rd

Jegar

I'm Giovanna. And hubbie, the co-pilot, is Harry.

My baby is in surgery, as we speak, getting his lift, new tires, some skids, winch, and other goodies!!!

This trip is really shaping up! Go TX Wayalifers!!!!!! (@Wrangler: hopefully I can get that patience and attitude packed into my trail kit -- oftentimes I have a hard time finding them! :) )

LoneStarRox

Wow, reading this thread everyday is getting me really up for the trip. I have only wheeled hard once with what I call a pro spotting me, many other times just running moderate trails. I look foreward to all the fun and meeting everyone. I have a new trailer and this will be the first trip with it. Can't wait. IMAG1086.jpg

USMC Wrangler

Are there any pics I really wanted to go and check it out. Had something's come up so ended up at the beach again..

Is this run still going on. I might be able to make it.

@Beach-Bum, I can put you on the waiting list. Your first post doesn't read as if you want to go to this one. Seems like you were talking about the one Jeepalexander did on 9/7. Your last post still doesn't seem definitive. With 24 rigs already signed up we are maxed out. All I can do is add you to the waiting list, like I said. If someone drops out, you'd be first to move up. This run was originally setup for two trail leaders plus 10 rigs. As you can see we are already double those figures. Just let me know if you want to be on the waiting list.

Angry Aussie

It's okay I'll bring my pups too. Lab / Bernese Mountain dog. Looks pure lab but 95 lbs and puppy Alaskan Malamute and possibly our old man boxer depending

I love boxers!! I had one for 8 years and miss him like crazy. He was the best dog. Such an awesome breed

Angry Aussie

View attachment 164321

My name is Nick, and i am amazed at how many people we have going! Its awesome! im counting down the days to be able to meet everyone and go wheel.

Ill try and hang on the harder stuff with you guys afterwards. I like pushing my rig to see how much she can tackle :thumb:

What's your plan for this trip? When are you coming in? You staying the night somewhere Saturday? Let's have dinner or a beer while yall are here this time. If there's anything Ashley and I can do for yall let me know.

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
What's your plan for this trip? When are you coming in? You staying the night somewhere Saturday? Let's have dinner or a beer while yall are here this time. If there's anything Ashley and I can do for yall let me know.

Thats what im trying to decide. I wanted to get a cabin at HF for friday and sat but was told everyone paid for the bunks already so no more space on that. So i might not be able to leave until sat morning and maybe get a hotel for sat night and leave sunday morning. We would love to have dinner with yall but i think 3 of our friends are going with us so im not sure we would be able to. But if they happen to bail, then dinner and a drink sound great. :thumb:
Also we might be going to a lake near HF i think on sunday if we can spare the time. if we do go, it be awesome if you guys could make it [emoji16]
But thank you for hospitality bud. :beer:

Kumar

Well, I got permission from the boss to head out to hidden falls for the weekend for a local club event. Just me and the boy this time so I was able to take the back seat out, it's not going to be so easy packing everything for the October trip with the whole family. 2 door problems. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442023237.501100.jpg

USMC Wrangler

This thread is being started to keep the list of who's going and who's waiting organized. All of us thank Napalm for getting this started!!! The original thread can be found at http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?28603-Texas-Hidden-Falls-Adventure-Park-Trek-October-2nd-3rd.

I will update the list as needed, monitoring daily.

Texas Hidden Falls Newbie Run

THIS RUN IS OFFICIALLY FULL!

Calling all TX Wayalifers!

We will be camping Friday night inside the park and then running trails all day Saturday. This trip is a Newbie Run trip but we will have fun!! We will have a short meeting prior to departing for the trail-head Saturday morning involving spotter tips, disconnecting sway bars, and airing down tires for those that need assistance with it.

This will be a BEGINNER run with mostly stock Jeeps. The trails we will be doing will be very mild, more scenic trails (WITH BYPASSESS). We must all be patient with each other, learn and have fun. We have one main trail attraction for the day, and if we are able to finish that one with still plenty of daylight left, we will have some bonus/more technical trails. None of us will be here to prove anything, just to have fun. No one should be ashamed to take a bypass or say no to an obstacle, and we are all here to help each other have fun and get home safe!

ITINERARY

FRIDAY

Between 4PM-5PM, We will be meeting at the Marble Falls Walmart supercenter parking lot. This will be where our convoy will come together! My wife (or myself) will be snapping pictures of everyone with there rigs so that, #1 we will have an awesome photo album of the trip for Wayalife, and 2 so everyone can have pictures of there family with their rigs. At about 5pm we will be departing Walmart heading over to "Holy Smokes! BBQ" for our welcome dinner, that way everyone can get to know each other and fellowship.

At about 6PM-6:30PM, We will then convoy to Hidden falls where everyone can pay park entrance fees and we can set up camp. We will have a great time camping and enjoying the stars and games.

SATURDAY (TRAIL DAY)

We ask that you be ready for a Drivers meeting at 6:30AM (subject to change). In this meeting, we will cover sway bar disconnecting, airing down tires, discussing spotting, answering any questions, and checking over our rigs. At 7AM sharp, we will be headed out for the first trail of the day.

TRAILS - UPDATED ON 09/12/2015

See iRonin's (George) post on the planned trails at http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?29760-Updated-Texas-Hidden-Falls-Adventure-Park-Newbie-Run-Oct-2nd-3rd&p=572193&viewfull=1#post572193

Any remaining time after the above trails will be spent on some more technical trails and will be purely up to each person.

REQUIREMENTS

1. Please have a working CB radio, starting off on Channel 4 (subject to change if it's too cluttered by others)

2. Rocker Protection(Rubi Rails, any type of slider)

3. A great attitude and patience. Some of the trail leaders that have volunteered are newbies to that too. We should all plan to stay with our groups, have a ton of fun and learn plenty.

When you post up as going, Please post a picture of your rig so we know what to look for!!

Hope to see you on the trail soon!

TRAIL LEADERS
1. iRonin + wife (camping) George
2. radleyhardy
3. USMC Wrangler + wife and 4 kiddos(camping) Bryan
4. daverawr + girlfriend and dogs (camping) Dave

GROUP 1:

1. Jackal01+ wife & Pup(Camping)

2. tdougherty81+ wife and 2 kiddos maybe(Camping) Tom

3. SmokinV10

4. Kumar + wife and 2 kiddos (camping) Shan (Pronounced Sean, Shawn, or Shaun)

5. Hobolobo + 2 (camping) Brad

6. Tharb5111 + wife and 2 kiddos (camping)

7. Tcsmith

8. tdougherty81's brother-in-law

9. Jegar Giovanna plus Husband, Harry

10. longhorn1045

GROUP 2

1. Granite-head and Mrs. Granite-head

2. DWiggles David/Dave

3. radleyhardy's friend

4. Texas Nick + 1 Nick

5. holaCG + 1-2 (camping)

6. Drafh (Cabin) Angela

7. LoneStarRox Andrew

8. Maynanator

9. texasrob

10. Beach-Bum

OFFICIAL PICTURE TAKER/BEER DRINKER

1. Angry Aussie Ian

WAITING LIST

After a couple days of travel for work, I finally updated the first post. I've added first names of people that provided them. I also linked to the post about the planned trails, even though I know that can change and updated a few other things. Please read it over. @Angry Aussie (Ian), I even added a special spot for you based on your own description of your planned activities! :D :drinks:

Is everyone still good with meeting between 4p-5p at the Walmart then to the BBQ place for dinner? Personally, I plan on having my camp setup before 4p and being available to help others. I'm good with the Walmart/BBQ plan, but am flexible.

Three weeks from now, I imagine having lunch with everyone and discussing the trails we've been on, and deciding on hitting some more technical stuff depending on confidence/experience gained! Can't wait! :rock:

drafh

After a couple days of travel for work, I finally updated the first post. I've added first names of people that provided them. I also linked to the post about the planned trails, even though I know that can change and updated a few other things. Please read it over. @Angry Aussie (Ian), I even added a special spot for you based on your own description of your planned activities! :D :drinks:

Is everyone still good with meeting between 4p-5p at the Walmart then to the BBQ place for dinner? Personally, I plan on having my camp setup before 4p and being available to help others. I'm good with the Walmart/BBQ plan, but am flexible.

Three weeks from now, I imagine having lunch with everyone and discussing the trails we've been on, and deciding on hitting some more technical stuff depending on confidence/experience gained! Can't wait! :rock:

I'm good with the Walmart/BBQ OR any other option the group wants. My middle name is FLEXIBLE. I'm excited with meeting all of you and enjoying times in our Jeeps.

Exodus 4x4

Sounds good. I reserved a camp site with water and electric and took vacation so I'll probably be there early that Friday and set up my camp. Since we'll be there early and setup, we can do whatever. Semper Gumby!

Matt_TX_NY

USMC Wrangler,

Would love to join the outing but realize its now full. Could I get added to the waitlist in case someone drops out? I'd be driving in from Austin and the wife would join me.

-Matt

USMC Wrangler

USMC Wrangler,

Would love to join the outing but realize its now full. Could I get added to the waitlist in case someone drops out? I'd be driving in from Austin and the wife would join me.

-Matt

Matt, you have been added to the waiting list. Welcome to WAL! :yup:

Top Bottom