Enforcers Unite!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Was only a block away from a dealer so I stopped in to see if they had one.
245 bucks later...
View attachment 334526 .

Getting sick of chasing these little bumps, squeaks and rattles. One part at a time.

I would return that one and order a crown. That has the shitty bushing right there which will wear out pretty quick.

I guess if it lasts 5000 miles it’ll last you 47 years so maybe you’ll be good.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

JKbrick

I would return that one and order a crown. That has the shitty bushing right there which will wear out pretty quick.

There are two of us? Lol, the older trackbars had the better bushing but I don’t recall the year it changed. Maybe ‘10 or ‘11?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

naysjp

Caught the Bug
Don’t see why they wouldn’t work. Personally I’d just stick with factory stuff unless you need some kind of adjustability on your track bar. You’ll go through 2-3 replacements of factory stuff for the same price of the gear you’re looking at.

One of the ends on the drag link is wearing out so it's going to be time to change it. I keep OEM on the Jeep until it's time to replace it then I replace with a good after market.

rubiDave

So the crown doesn't have a shitty bushing?
What's the failure mode on the factory busing and can it be inspected?
My wobble has gone away since I replaced the bad draglink, but once in a while it feels like it want to start to wobble. My trackbar looks tight when someone move the steering wheel and bounces the suspension. If I pull the trackbar is there something to look for on the bushings.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
So the crown doesn't have a shitty bushing?
What's the failure mode on the factory busing and can it be inspected?
My wobble has gone away since I replaced the bad draglink, but once in a while it feels like it want to start to wobble. My trackbar looks tight when someone move the steering wheel and bounces the suspension. If I pull the trackbar is there something to look for on the bushings.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I don’t believe so. Last one I bought did not but that was years ago. I have both somewhere in the garage. I can dig them out at some point to show the difference.

Damn dude, if you’re gonna drop that much money on a track bar why not get a Synergy?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Next time for sure. Buying connivence is all it was. Not the first time and probably won’t be the last that I get boned from a dealership.

You're on the wrong side of the country from me, I have one up on Craigslist (for next to nothing) that I'd just give you, if you were closer.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thanks. Hopefully someone local to you can use it. [emoji106]

donracer

Slowly making progress with the install. Another noob question - what do you folks do with the xmas tree clips that hold the ABS harness in the rear? On each side there are two that attach to the frame and two that attach to the control arm bracket. I had to pop a few of them off to drop the axle low enough to get the springs in, and now I am inclined to leave one of the frame ones off so that there is still more slack now that the the springs and new shocks are in. Jeep_ABS_Harness.jpg

jjlong

Slowly making progress with the install. Another noob question - what do you folks do with the xmas tree clips that hold the ABS harness in the rear? On each side there are two that attach to the frame and two that attach to the control arm bracket. I had to pop a few of them off to drop the axle low enough to get the springs in, and now I am inclined to leave one of the frame ones off so that there is still more slack now that the the springs and new shocks are in. View attachment 334725
I left mine off and ended up pinching the wire on something. Caused all kinds of ABS problems. But, maybe that was just my bad luck.

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Here’s a friendly reminder to keep your Johnny joints greased properly... I’ve had a suspension noise that sounded like crap going over speed bumps. Thought it was the shocks as they’re getting pretty old. I’m pretty sure I found the culprit though. Fortunately I’m pulling the front lowers to rebuild them now and start fresh. Here’s a vid with what it sounds like. Both lowers sound like this, not just the one I blew out.

https://youtu.be/rVVMTLoY06A

FourEyedFox

Just joined the Enforcer Club!
3’ with drag flip, Rancho 9k’s and Saltas on 35’ Toyo’s. Added a 1350 and C gussets up front. Couldn’t be more happy with the ride. Reading all of your comments for the last couple of months paid off huge dividends.

Attachments

• C9F2AC83-1926-4607-B6F3-182993E65D38.jpg
    C9F2AC83-1926-4607-B6F3-182993E65D38.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 135

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
3’ with drag flip, Rancho 9k’s and Saltas on 35’ Toyo’s. Added a 1350 and C gussets up front. Couldn’t be more happy with the ride. Reading all of your comments for the last couple of months paid off huge dividends.

Nice! Congrats!

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug

Looks good man!

donracer

Self-tapping bolts for bump stops

Any tips on getting the self-tapping bolts going? I drilled a 5/16 hole, but have been having a hard time getting the bolt in. I am tempted to try to enlarge to 11/32 (but didn't have a bit of that size yesterday). Or should I consider getting a 3/8 tap and tapping the hole with the tap rather than the self-tapping bolt?

Top Bottom