OBD JScan - Program With Your Smart Phone

sm31

There is an adaptation to turn the TPMS completely off, that's what you'll want to do to completely disable it.

Ah! Thanks! I haven't looked at it in the last week or 2, then realized I'd be running beadlocks without sensors in a couple of days. Good to know!!

sipafz

Caught the Bug
That’s strange, because that was his first post.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Agreed, definitely a little weird to jump right in, but he’s not the developer or have anything to do with the app.

As mentioned, the developer lives in Poland and is a Jeep enthusiast from what I gather. He has been very responsive to questions and dealing with issues as I have been messaging with him for a few weeks now.

reywcms

My Bluetooth adapter came in so of course had to test it all out. I went in and changed the high beam fog light adjustment. Worked great! Messaged the developer for an led anti flicker so we will see. So far I’m happy but I’ll keep messing with it.

red84cj7

Got mine 2 days ago and so far I've only adjusted my speedo for the 35s. I plan to install a rear camera after my LoD rear bumper/tire carrier arrives and I get it installed so that adaptation will come in handy as well. The previous owner removed the factory fogs in favor of a stinger front bumper so I haven't been able to try that adaptation, but when I ditch the stinger I will add fogs so that adaptation will be nice. I just want to say thanks to the OP for this post. Saved a crap ton of money.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
My Bluetooth adapter came in so of course had to test it all out. I went in and changed the high beam fog light adjustment. Worked great! Messaged the developer for an led anti flicker so we will see. So far I’m happy but I’ll keep messing with it.

I think they recently add something for that:

IMG_8504.jpg

IMG_8505.jpg

IMG_8506.jpg

I have no idea if it works or if it’s even what you’re looking for.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Got mine 2 days ago and so far I've only adjusted my speedo for the 35s. I plan to install a rear camera after my LoD rear bumper/tire carrier arrives and I get it installed so that adaptation will come in handy as well. The previous owner removed the factory fogs in favor of a stinger front bumper so I haven't been able to try that adaptation, but when I ditch the stinger I will add fogs so that adaptation will be nice. I just want to say thanks to the OP for this post. Saved a crap ton of money.

Glad you found it helpful; I know I have! I hope your camera install goes good.

reywcms

I followed up with the developer to see it the traction control could be completely disabled. They’re looking into it now

John fecina

Melt housing

When setting the drl to turn signal, both filaments light. The heat will melt your turn signal housing. (If they are regular turn signal bulbs, not LED).

When you need to change the bulb you can’t cause the housing will be melted.

I learned the hard way.

QUOTE=sipafz;1120070]I took another look at the DRL and found that I did change the setting yesterday. I didn’t see the change because I had the parking brake on, so thanks to BaddestCross for the heads up on that!

I choose the “Turn Signal DRL” and found that the front signal light is very bright, just like when the signal if flashing.

DRL:

View attachment 322534

I thought it would be more like the parking light brightness.

Parking light:

View attachment 322535

I guess it makes sense that you would want the light to be brighter and more visible for safety, but can the bulb handle the additional amps on a continuous basis? I guess time will tell.

This DRL mode also turns on the tail lights. The side marker lights remain off, so maybe having a “parking light” option that would add the side marker lights would be a better approach?

If I have bulb problems, I will ask the developer to look into the parking light possibility.[/QUOTE]

sipafz

Caught the Bug
When setting the drl to turn signal, both filaments light. The heat will melt your turn signal housing. (If they are regular turn signal bulbs, not LED).

When you need to change the bulb you can’t cause the housing will be melted.

I learned the hard way.

Thanks for the heads up! It’s been a month so I will check that out.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Regarding DRL Turn Signal Option, I did check on my front turn signal housings and found that the plastic was discolored:

IMG_9010.jpg

Now I can’t say if the discoloration is from the extra heat from the bulb being at 100% brightness continuously, because I didn’t check it before hand, but I’m not taking any chances. I switched my DRL to the fog light option and contacted the JScan developer to see if the previous option can be changed to parking light brightness.

I previously reported that the tail lights were active with the DRL, but that was not the case today. I could swear that they were on when I messed with it a month ago [emoji848].

On a separate note, I tore into the wife’s KK and checked that her radio had a receptacle for a backup camera harness:

IMG_9009.jpg

It did so I purchased a second license for JScan, enabled the backup camera, purchased a camera and harness from Amazon and enabled her fog lights as DRL.

ZachJKUR

Guess I'm a little late to this party but this is awesome! I've currently got the app working on my phone, going to try and see if it works via an android head unit. The head unit tends to give fits with certain apps, but if I can get it working, it'd be a slick setup!

sm31

I'm interested to play around with the new "Trail View" mode. It looks really interesting.

Also appears that the sway bar can be disconnected & lockers engaged when not in 4LO. I can't think of a scenario where I'd want to engage the lockers in 4HI but it would be nice to disconnect the sway bar for some higher speed (but not too fast) trail runs.

I love the fact that this thing is still being actively developed! I'm guessing it could command a higher price point in the near future as well...

Top Bottom