Highway Overheating

BaddestCross

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Thanks but looking for a shorty . You running a trans cooler ?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yea I figured you would be looking for a stubby. What bumper do you have in mind? I'm going to go with the FMF pinnacle. Yes on the trans cooler. Went with the first google search. Didn't realize it was unpainted until after it was installed. Gives it that Ripped look. :cheesy: When the jeep was new, my first drive up a long dirt road in 4 high got the Hot Oil alarm. Freaked me when it went off. Hasn't happened since the cooler install.

Brute

Hooked

Attachments

• EE306C5A-FE73-45F6-827F-3175DBAF7279.jpg
    EE306C5A-FE73-45F6-827F-3175DBAF7279.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 73

jdofmemi

🤣. Absolutely! When are we gonna wheel again?

PVD for sure, but I need a fix before then.
Hope to attack the rear locker tomorrow, and a couple of small things, then I can go.

Just started a new project, but after a week or two I won't be tied to it daily, so I may have more time.

BaddestCross

Damn... exhaust should be easy.. manifolds might be a job... pinion gear bearing making noise?
Yeah. It was making noise for awhile but it got worse after the accident. I've felt some weird jolts a couple of times that I can only describe as it feeling like I hit my diff dead center on a rock. Concerned the gears are getting ready to explode.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

jdofmemi

Yeah. It was making noise for awhile but it got worse after the accident. I've felt some weird jolts a couple of times that I can only describe as it feeling like I hit my diff dead center on a rock. Concerned the gears are getting ready to explode.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Sorry to hear that. I hope you can get her sorted out so you can get back to some trails soon.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
IMG_3465.JPG

Took the winch and light bar off .. took it out for some highway driving .. didn’t get to hit any hills today but seems to be less hot .

In market for a Poison Spyder Bruiser or an Evo quarter pounder . Any experiences with the PS ? I know you need to relocate the vacuum pump . Any issues with the clocked away bar motor ? It needs new square fogs as well .. but feel like would be nice to replace the stock fogs .

Any other reasons I’m not aware of why most on here run the QP?

thewhalien

Ok Guys I'm just about to give up and save for a V8.
So my 3.8 is overheating on freeway speeds/ Under load. ESPECIALLY on Hills!!

New -
5.13 gears
37 General Grabbers
Transmission
Torque Converter
Mishimoto Radiator
Radiator hoses
Water pump
Thermostat
Dealer coolant flush and cleaning with new coolant
Spal high performance fan
Tranny cooler

-had the jeep tested for head gaskets and chemical test on coolant. No issues

I'm using my Superchips and I'm running 190-210 all day but if I'm going over Hills or steep hills will jump it to 240. Towing my 1900lb camping trailer , JKU did fine except oninclines. 245 . Opened windows and turned on heater and came down to 210 and ran great. But I live in west Texas and it gets to 100+ . When it's heating up , power drops. Is there anything to add to the jeep to have on demand cooling for under load?

Just swap it. Best decision i ever made! :D

MericaMade

View attachment 335042

Took the winch and light bar off .. took it out for some highway driving .. didn’t get to hit any hills today but seems to be less hot .

In market for a Poison Spyder Bruiser or an Evo quarter pounder . Any experiences with the PS ? I know you need to relocate the vacuum pump . Any issues with the clocked away bar motor ? It needs new square fogs as well .. but feel like would be nice to replace the stock fogs .

Any other reasons I’m not aware of why most on here run the QP?

You need to relocated the vacuum on both but I don't believe you need to clock the sway bar with PS. Both are simple either way, but I feel the EVO is a much better bumper. If you are gonna buy lights you mind as well buy good ones and mount on fairlead and have more adjustability like i did.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
You need to relocated the vacuum on both but I don't believe you need to clock the sway bar with PS. Both are simple either way, but I feel the EVO is a much better bumper. If you are gonna buy lights you mind as well buy good ones and mount on fairlead and have more adjustability like i did.

IMG_4034.jpg

All done . Still need to remount my 10” single row light bar on the bumper in front of the winch

Top Bottom