Talking Brakes

jesse3638

Hooked
However they do say it requires 17" wheels so going off of that I'd say stock 16" probably won't fit. Having just installed the rears on my jeep I have about 1/4" between the caliper and rim so I'd say they wouldn't work with 16" wheels.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brendo Rex

Ok. So they do not fit without spacers. Got it. Thanks. :) What bbk will fit out of the box for my stock wrangler? Having a harder time finding one than I thought. None seem to fit out of the box.

I’m here to Jeep from the 810 to the 207!

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Ok. So they do not fit without spacers. Got it. Thanks. :) What bbk will fit out of the box for my stock wrangler? Having a harder time finding one than I thought. None seem to fit out of the box.

If your Wrangler is stock, there really isn’t a reason to put a BBK on it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brendo Rex

Right. Lol. Planning for the future. What about the mopar bbk? With new cylinder and booster?

Ddays

Hooked
Right. Lol. Planning for the future. What about the mopar bbk? With new cylinder and booster?

If you've got a stock Jeep you'd be much better off doing other things to it besides adding braking power you have no need of yet. There are so many other things you can add that you'll notice the benefits from before spending $1500 on brakes. :twocent

Brendo Rex

Yes. All of that sounds right. But.. I’m not trying to sound naive here. I have my reasons for wanting bigger brakes now and I thought I could avoid listing them all. I just wanted a simpler question answered quick and it has yet to be answered. I already made up my mind on the kit I am getting. But il list my reasons for bigger brakes : 1. I have stock size bfg ko2s.. but there is more rubber in them to stop. I know this because they are heavier. They contributed to a blown caliper by braking hard last summer. Temp and weight. 2. The weather up here is unforgiving. Sooner brake problems arise sooner than regular maintenance perceives. Which leads to replacing sooner. 3. Future weight and mods coming soon. Which I’m wanting better and safer braking power. 4. I need to replace brake parts very soon.. within a month. Signs show. So why get the same setup back on that I’m going to have to take all off for bigger within a year. ?

So. That being said. I want to install a bbk... now. As a upgrade. For failing parts and my future with this rig.

This is why I asked for a direct fit.. no added parts.. no modification kit to upgrade now. Plus easier install and less of a headache later. Did my own figuring. For price and quality. I’m going with the Mopar bbk. Front and rear. With everything in it. Including master cylinder and booster.

Thanks.

zimm

Caught the Bug
The Mopar kit has a rear upgrade?

I had dynatrac progrip but after 40k miles I needed new front rotors and pads. For shits and grins I tried the Crown automotive (mopar) BBK with the Ram 1500 twin calipers, rotors, and bigger master. Honestly I didn't notice a difference in braking, pretty much the same as dynatrac. Calipers look more bad ass. I kept the rear dynatracs though.

Ddays

Hooked
1. I have stock size bfg ko2s.. but there is more rubber in them to stop. I know this because they are heavier. They contributed to a blown caliper by braking hard last summer.

How did stock tires contribute to a "blown caliper"? Besides, you can't brake too hard because you have anti-lock brakes. :thinking:

Not trying to start an argument with you. But your caliper dieing is because of your caliper dieing. Not your “slightly” more heavy tires. Plenty of people run 37s or more with stock brakes and the calipers are just fine.
If you’re just trying to justify reasons to buy an upgrade then yeah it was totally that and you totally need to upgrade, it’s super unsafe if you don’t and you’re irresponsible and putting yours and others lives at risk so you better go get them now. Plus you said you made up your mind anyways.
Talking about upgrades in the near future should include adequate size wheels and backspacing and then your question is answered correctly. In case you don’t know Jeep tires are generally cheaper for 17” than 16 anyways.
Unless you scraped the shit out of your rotors you can throw another set of pads at it for the same price as a pack of beer until you start the bigger upgrades which you’ll actually want the bbk, so you’re really not wasting money by buying brakes “just to take off again”

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Last edited:
I think when you jeep all the way from 810 down to 207, you need bigger brakes to go down that many numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom