Smoking Meat -- Tips, Opinions, Recipes

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Smoking? How much time anticipated and what temp?

Yes, smoking. 350 and although The Traeger app says 20 minutes, I’m going to be closer to 40 because my wife piled on the artichoke hearts on the pesto sauce side of one pizza.

WJCO

Meme King
Yes, smoking. 350 and although The Traeger app says 20 minutes, I’m going to be closer to 40 because my wife piled on the artichoke hearts on the pesto sauce side of one pizza.

Anxious to hear how it turns out. I've BBQd pizza on a stone over charcoal but wouldn't consider it smoking it (inderectly I mean) but it was still good.

Alright I didn’t even know that was missing from my life. Would’ve thought the smoke would be too much for the dough

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I don’t know, maybe it would be directly on the grate but on a stone it added fantastic flavor. It wasn’t overpowering at all and it added great flavor to the toppings, cheese, and crust edges.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I heated them first which actually became a bit of an issue because I don’t have a pizza slide/peel. Getting the pizzas onto the stones was rough and made a little mess, which then led to a couple of spots sticking to the stone.

Next time I’ll try cold.

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I heated them first which actually became a bit of an issue because I don’t have a pizza slide/peel. Getting the pizzas onto the stones was rough and made a little mess, which then led to a couple of spots sticking to the stone.

Next time I’ll try cold.

It’ll take a lot longer if you put them on cold and the crust won’t cook as well. I usually heat the stone then assemble the pizza on the stone. But the slide is relatively cheap.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
My daughter turned 13 on Friday. Smoking up some ribs for a family dinner tonight.

View attachment 335355

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Damn this thead! I keep seeing all these great ideas, but no smoker. Then I found that Traeger is on Expertvoice offering 20% off. It's not in the cards right now, but the more I see how Sharkey is using his the more i keep justifying the purchase. Smoked pizza is like salt in the wound. We'll see what happens come tax time...haha.

Top Bottom