SUPER UNIMPRESSED with Milestar Patagonia M/Ts

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
One of the locals has a set on his (very beautiful) LJ. He’s also locked front and rear. There’s been times that he’s sat there and spun trying to get them to bite, then I come up to the obstacle (mind you I’m open/BLD, running 37/12.50 STT Pros with like 20% tread left) and I walk it. Some of the shit I’ve gotten those STTs to hook on has been mind blowing, even with low tread. Just when you think you’re gonna break traction, it grabs and goes.

I also second the statement about MTR Kevlars. Had them on my JK for a while. Never ever again

I think it really helps to see them perform side by side with other tires in an apples to apples kind of way. It's in those situations that you can really see the difference and what works and what doesn't.

So funny how these seem to be the sexy tire to run for the overlanding crowd. I've seen a few Jeeps running them and all of the drivers I asked how they like them all raved about them. :rolleyes2: Of course they do. They work going to the local REI and Starbucks with their roof racks loaded with kayaks and shit they never use

Funny you would say as much but I have seen quite a few overlander types running these tires.

Wait.... a tire that only gets shown hooking up under ideal conditions in a place where even an ice cube can find traction (Moab) sucks balled when ACTUALLY put to the test in real world conditions fails to live up to the hype... fucking shocked!

LOL at ice cubes being able to find traction. :cheesy:

They never interested me. In fact I was turned off by them within the last year or so. Main reason being is that they've been around for years and the majority of jeepers have never even heard of them. It wasn't until recently that some newbie buys a Jeep, shows up in social media with provocative thumbnails and suddenly the tires are showing up everywhere, lol. That was more than enough evidence for me. I'm not surprised these things blow more than the influencers pushing them.

There were 3 rigs running Patagonias on the JL/JT Experience and there was just no denying how much they struggled compared to Trail Grapplers, Ridge Grapplers or even a set of BFG MTs. It's one thing for an influencer to sing praises for a set of tires they got for free and it's another to put them to the test next to competing tires.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
...And they are ugly as shit.

LOL - I'm with you on this. Not that it should matter but they really do look like ass to me.

Could the 700 HP have had something to do with the tires not hooking up? [emoji23]

:cheesy: Technically, it's 707 HP

I noticed them not catching on some of the videos posted not a fan...

You'll see more of it soon. :yup:

But wait a minute... that blonde loves them... isn't that enough??:idontknow:

Apparently, it is for a lot of lonely guys out there :crazyeyes:

Jsouder53

Hooked
So funny how these seem to be the sexy tire to run for the overlanding crowd. I've seen a few Jeeps running them and all of the drivers I asked how they like them all raved about them. :rolleyes2: Of course they do. They work going to the local REI and Starbucks with their roof racks loaded with kayaks and shit they never use

Hahaha that’s funny, just saw this today at Starbucks [emoji23]

Angry Aussie

This doesn’t surprise me at all. They have always looked like trash tires to me. Seems like all you have to do these days is make a product and give that away for free to a few people and all the sudden they are the best tires on the market.

And if you’re going to give away free tires, please find a much hotter chick then the lite bright girl. She’s so damn annoying!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jorgelrod

Hooked
Not a fan of the tire, second best advice I've taken from wayalife is the Coopers (first being the PR44) solid tire and at a superb price, I ran Atturo tires in PR as the cost of Coopers and Nittos were prohibitive back home. Even then I wouldn't use milestars...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
How did Chris Durham end up running them, I don’t know of him but seeing him in your recent threads he seems like a hardcore badass wheeler

They hired him to do a SEMA build a few years back. They've also been one of many sponsors on his current magazine build.

A.J.

I have them in the 38's. They are wearing pretty quickly. Rotate every 3k they are prone to cupping. Haven't been on the east coast so I can't report on traction there. Rubicon/Fordyce and Tillamook traction seemed fine. Maybe because they are 6ply they conform a little better? I don't know. They like air pressure for daily duties. I run them at 30psi for street use and 6-8 psi for trail duty. Still very quiet on the road. They were cheap when I bought them and my budget was stretched already moving up to D60's. Several people running them in the area here in various sizes and they seem to like them. They are better that the Goodyears I took off. Those tires really sucked at everything. I probably won't buy them again. Hoping to move up to 40's and an engine swap next phase if I can. I really can't complain though. They are serving their purpose for me so far. We'll see how the winter goes.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I dunno, I suppose it's just me but if my tires were cupping and wearing out pretty quickly, I think I'd be complaining but then, that's just me. Also, Milestar told me in person that their Patagonias NEED to be run at 35 psi. They are purposefully designed to run on the crown of the tread. Seems kind of ridiculous to me but that came straight from them.

benatc1

Hooked
All the hype on social media, trying to drive these to sell, seems like it really falls flat and a waste of money. Certainly Nitto's and Coopers that I've run aren't always perfect but, everything can have their issues but at least you get one of the most important things off road, traction.

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Napalm

I’m not surprised at all! Personally, I’ve never been a fan of these tires. But yet I am seeing more and more and more people running them for reasons unknown. I know they are slightly cheaper but still, going cheap isn’t something I would do on a tire.

I wouldn’t ever run a set. I don’t care for the way that they look sitting still and am not surprised they don’t perform well off road!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

What I find funny is that all of the Google ads in this thread are for these crap tires, because of their name in the title.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
All the hype on social media, trying to drive these to sell, seems like it really falls flat and a waste of money. Certainly Nitto's and Coopers that I've run aren't always perfect but, everything can have their issues but at least you get one of the most important things off road, traction.

There's a reason why companies like Nitto, Cooper, BFG and the like don't go around giving away tires to social media whores - they don't need to. They sell tires based on their name, reputation and long history of proven performance. If these china tires actually performed half as well as the social media whores have been churching them up, I can assure you that I would be the first to say as much.

I’m not surprised at all! Personally, I’ve never been a fan of these tires. But yet I am seeing more and more and more people running them for reasons unknown. I know they are slightly cheaper but still, going cheap isn’t something I would do on a tire.

I wouldn’t ever run a set. I don’t care for the way that they look sitting still and am not surprised they don’t perform well off road!

People are running them because Milestar has been doing a good job of putting them in the hands of trending social media whores. This as opposed to running them on Ultra4 race rigs or the like to prove how well they really perform. Guess times have changed.

What I find funny is that all of the Google ads in this thread are for these crap tires, because of their name in the title.

LOL - what's really funny is that I can almost guarantee you that someone will see those ads and buy a set.

Top Bottom