What Oil do you use on your Jeep?

Good2Go

Pennzoil Platinum Synthetic. Change every 5000 miles. Mopar filter.

Note: if you are still getting “free” oil changes from a dealer under the Jeep Wave program, remind them when you take it in that the tech doesn’t need to use a breaker bar to tighten the drain plug when it’s put back on.

That way you won’t need to use a breaker bar to take it off when you start doing changes yourself.

Rant. Rant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I was considering Mobile 1, and people say good and bad. Just seeing what you guys use and change every how many miles, 3,5,7+ miles

Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Now that you’ve gotten advice on everything from super expensive synthetics to cost effective conventional oils, it all comes down to how much you want to spend.

All of the choices above will perform well as they meet or exceed specifications.

The fact that you feel the need to ask such a question tells me that you should save your money and use a conventional at 3 to 5k intervals.

I personally have used conventional Quaker State and regular Fram filters for the last 30 years at 4k intervals for $20.

I think there is more value and peace of mind in doing the maintenance yourself rather than buying high priced products that you’re not going to need or having some shlep do the work.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for tips, great knowledge, and what I should expect. By looks of it, I'll be doing it myself, so I can get to know the Jeep a lot more with my hands ;)

Thank you so much everyone! Stay safe!

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Pennzoil Platinum Synthetic. Change every 5000 miles. Mopar filter.

Note: if you are still getting “free” oil changes from a dealer under the Jeep Wave program, remind them when you take it in that the tech doesn’t need to use a breaker bar to tighten the drain plug when it’s put back on.

That way you won’t need to use a breaker bar to take it off when you start doing changes yourself.

Rant. Rant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

This happened to me on my last freebie. Didn’t know until I was about to change it myself the next time... I took it right back to the dealer and had them replace the drain plug, check threads, and explained to them what a torque wrench was.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom