From MYTH to LEGEND : The EVOlution of our Jeep Gladiator

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Eddie, are you guys running 1350 driveshafts now? The rear one is not straight right? I think it's a two piece, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Being that we did all this in SoCal, we decided to pick up custom shaft from our good friend Jim Reel.

final.jpg

We had it made as a 2 piece shaft that utilized a carrier bearing in the middle, just like stock.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

From MYTH to LEGEND : The Evolution of our Jeep Gladiator

Just think of all the places you could hang a Pull Pal...

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I could fit like... lots of them. I could use my pull pal to pull my pal while pulling my pal with my pull pal.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Shot of our Gladiator on our way home yesterday. I gotta say, Off Road Evolution really knocked this one out of the park and we LOVE it :wings:

20190925101549-acc39d99-me.jpg

Amazing!

Wethy

Shot of our Gladiator on our way home yesterday. I gotta say, Off Road Evolution really knocked this one out of the park and we LOVE it :wings:

20190925101549-acc39d99-me.jpg
Maybe its been mentioned and maybe its just me but those rear swaybar links looks like theyre in a good place to get hit.... whats your opinion on its placement Eddie?

Exodus 4x4

In doing this did you have to go to aluminum?

No, but it did resolve my concerns about pinion angle. With the 2 piece, the carrier was far back enough that it would increase the driveshaft angle quite a bit in relation to pinion. Now it’s not nearly as bad. IMG_4955.jpg
This is hanging full droop. Before, the stock 2 piece had a crazy angle to it that had me concerned a 2 piece aftermarket would bind and break a u-joint.

jesse3638

Hooked
No, but it did resolve my concerns about pinion angle. With the 2 piece, the carrier was far back enough that it would increase the driveshaft angle quite a bit in relation to pinion. Now it’s not nearly as bad. View attachment 335236
This is hanging full droop. Before, the stock 2 piece had a crazy angle to it that had me concerned a 2 piece aftermarket would bind and break a u-joint.

Oh ok. This is what Eddie was talking about with the long arms and pinion angle and the geometry of long arms.

Top Bottom