Stickies?

I was hoping to find someone that has actually run the Milestar Black Label. I have talked to a few people that run the DOT version and like them. I’m currently running Mickey Thompson MTZ tires which is Cooper’s premium tire on my JK they seem to have more traction then my previous Toyo’s. I have Falcons on my Gladiator that I’m not impressed with, and Goodyear’s on my F-350 that I will only get 20k out of. I’m just looking for a good rock tire that I can air down and have the best traction.

I can assure you you won’t find anyone here running them. And if you joined only to accomplish that then you’ll likely find the reception a bit cold. But if not, then stick around and take the advice you’ll get. Lots of knowledge gets passed around and lots of tires have been ran and tested and destroyed and you will get some good advice on an alternative.

Cobalt

I can assure you you won’t find anyone here running them. And if you joined only to accomplish that then you’ll likely find the reception a bit cold. But if not, then stick around and take the advice you’ll get. Lots of knowledge gets passed around and lots of tires have been ran and tested and destroyed and you will get some good advice on an alternative.

I’m looking for some dedicated rock crawling tires to mount on my beadlocks. I have seen videos how great the Milestar tires are but I am hesitant about Chinese tires. I was hoping to find someone that actually has run the black label that can give me a honest opinion from someone besides the dealer selling the tire. If anyone knows of a better rock tire I would like to know.

fiend

Caught the Bug
I don’t have direct experience with Milestars. But I can report my own experience with air pressure and traction. I noticed a large difference between 12 psi and 8 psi. That’s with Toyos. What pressure are you running?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I would venture as far as to say that few people “need” stickies. I’ve wheeled and been a part of many groups that have wheeled in many different terrains. I grew up in the north west, live in Utah and have wheeled everything from slick granite and limestone to the slickrock in Moab and the wet moss covered rocks and logs of north west Washington. And I can tell you that nothing up to this point as ever made me feel the need for stickies nor have I come across a properly built rig that needed them either. That being said, Nitto, Cooper, Toyo all make great tires and yes, Nitto does make a competition compound (stickies) if that is something you just have to have.
Be realistic in your requirements and I believe the answer you’re looking for isn’t to hard to find.

Cobalt

I don’t have direct experience with Milestars. But I can report my own experience with air pressure and traction. I noticed a large difference between 12 psi and 8 psi. That’s with Toyos. What pressure are you running?

I was running about 15 psi in the Toyo’s. I don’t have them on beadlocks so I didn’t want to chance blowing a bead. I really like the the side wall strength and look of the Toyo. I still have them mounted on rims I am thinking about putting them on my Gladiator and experimenting with tire pressure. I appreciate the reply with your actual experience.

Brute

Hooked

A couple psi can make all the difference...Toyo’s, especially when new, have fairly stiff sidewalls. After you mount them to beadlocks, try running them at 10 psi and under...

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I’m looking for some dedicated rock crawling tires to mount on my beadlocks. I have seen videos how great the Milestar tires are but I am hesitant about Chinese tires. I was hoping to find someone that actually has run the black label that can give me a honest opinion from someone besides the dealer selling the tire. If anyone knows of a better rock tire I would like to know.

How many fucking times do you need to say that same thing?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

Browse this thread.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/58662-SUPER-UNIMPRESSED-with-Milestar-Patagonia-M-Ts

Thanks, that was informative. The only person that actually own a set in that thread seem to like them. But I still haven’t seen where has actually tried the black label tires and commented on them.

I guess you didn’t read the comment I made a few posts back where I mentioned that it’s highly unlikely anyone here would have any experience with the “black label” tires especially being that there are better offerings from American companies. Perhaps the answer you’re looking for would be better suited for google.

And where is this so called person who seemed to like them? The same guy that just said others he’s wheeled with liked them and said he wouldn’t buy them again. The only tire he liked less was the Goodyear (shocker there)

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
I've never been to Moab and never run 'stickies' and I'm still quite amazed how well the Jeep platform performs with a good set of 35s or even 33s. I've gone places I never would have imagined with just that. Sorry I don't have any cool social media pics handy to prove it.

Cobalt

I guess you didn’t read the comment I made a few posts back where I mentioned that it’s highly unlikely anyone here would have any experience with the “black label” tires especially being that there are better offerings from American companies. Perhaps the answer you’re looking for would be better suited for google.

And where is this so called person who seemed to like them? The same guy that just said others he’s wheeled with liked them and said he wouldn’t buy them again. The only tire he liked less was the Goodyear (shocker there)

I bought a set of BFG KO2s 12.50x17 for my Gladiator yesterday from Discount Tire. I’m not sold on the Milestar enough for my daily driver. I will probably end up with the BFG Krawlers on my Method beadlocks before EJS next year. I have a spare set of wheels that I am going to mount my 37” Mickey Thompson MTZs on for street use. I know that the Krawlers are proven.

Jsouder53

Hooked
I bought a set of BFG KO2s 12.50x17 for my Gladiator yesterday from Discount Tire. I’m not sold on the Milestar enough for my daily driver. I will probably end up with the BFG Krawlers on my Method beadlocks before EJS next year. I have a spare set of wheels that I am going to mount my 37” Mickey Thompson MTZs on for street use. I know that the Krawlers are proven.

Sounds to me like you have more tires than you know what to do with :crazyeyes: if you have such great quality tires such as those Mickey Thompson’s and BFG krawlers, why the hell would you even think about shitty milestar tires that have such mixed reviews?

Cobalt

I've never been to Moab and never run 'stickies' and I'm still quite amazed how well the Jeep platform performs with a good set of 35s or even 33s. I've gone places I never would have imagined with just that. Sorry I don't have any cool social media pics handy to prove it.

If you’re in Colorado Moab is pretty close. You should make the trip, Moab is a lot of fun and you will be amazed on how steep you can climb on the slick rock.
I have always wanted to go to the Ouray area and try some trails there, maybe this summer.

Cobalt

Sounds to me like you have more tires than you know what to do with :crazyeyes: if you have such great quality tires such as those Mickey Thompson’s and BFG krawlers, why the hell would you even think about shitty milestar tires that have such mixed reviews?

I don’t have the Krawlers yet. Was just considering the Milestar’s but will probably go with the BFG’s instead.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I was running about 15 psi in the Toyo’s. I don’t have them on beadlocks so I didn’t want to chance blowing a bead. I really like the the side wall strength and look of the Toyo. I still have them mounted on rims I am thinking about putting them on my Gladiator and experimenting with tire pressure. I appreciate the reply with your actual experience.

I can say on my 37” Coopers and Nittos I have ran 11-12 PSI and never had a bead issue without beadlocks. And the tires are completely different at 11 psi than they are at 15. Id give that a try before investing in stickies. And I’d also purchase beadlocks and run current tires at 8-10psi before running stickies as you’d want beadlocks with those anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Angry Aussie

Has anyone tried Milestar Black label’s? I’m thinking of trying some 38x13.50 on my JK.

From what I have seen of them in person they seem like they are complete trash. Seems like the sidewalls are really thin and slit really easily and they can’t grab traction on any surface other than pavement. Couldn’t give me free sets of them for life, I wouldn’t want them.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom