JKUR 4 Door Rubicon Rock Slider Install On A 2 Door JK Sport

bthomas

I can check into it, I've never shipped any thing that big or heavy before. I'll try to figure out something.
They aren't as pretty now as they were in the pics, they've got a few pretty good gouges, and the mounts have had to be straightened a few times over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I can check into it, I've never shipped any thing that big or heavy before. I'll try to figure out something.
They aren't as pretty now as they were in the pics, they've got a few pretty good gouges, and the mounts have had to be straightened a few times over the years.

Shoot me some pics! Fastenal will ship and can have receiver pay for bill as well...from what I have read.

JKbrick

Shoot me some pics! Fastenal will ship and can have receiver pay for bill as well...from what I have read.

I just looked in to fastenal for shipping, you are correct as far as paying at either end. You go to their website and go to services then third party logistics, fill out your info and weight and size of what you are shipping and they email you the price

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

bthomas

I will try to get you a few pics tomorrow afternoon, I'll also check into fastenal, it looks like there's a few around me, or at least a few I could get to in my work travels.

bthomas

I can't get pics to attach in PM from the app, no biggie. After I started taking pics, I figured it may be better to post them back in this thread so others can see the end result as well.
I did manage to get some minor body damage to the rocker panels using the cut down Rubi rails. As I was taking the pics, I started to wonder if Overlander was onto something when he posted at the beginning of this thread about the possibility of the contours being different between the 2 & 4 door.
The rocker panels on both sides got pushed in a bit, neither from what I'd consider a hard hit, actually on the drivers side, I knew I was going to be on it, and set the jeep down as easy as I could. The passenger side was kind a glance off a rock I misjudged, but still not like dropping the full weight of the jeep on it. After that one I had to straighten the mounts, as the rail was up in front.
Anyway, here's a few pics of what they look like now, and the damage on my rockers as well. The rails could be hit with a fresh coat of paint and probably look pretty good again. As for my rockers, I may get skins at some point down the road, but for now it doesn't bother me much, you have to look for the damage. Anyway, It adds character right?

IMG_4867.jpg

IMG_4868.jpg

IMG_4869.jpg

IMG_4870.jpg

IMG_4871.jpg

IMG_4872.jpg

IMG_4873.jpg

IMG_4874.jpg

IMG_4875.jpg

Passenger side

IMG_4876.jpg

IMG_4877.jpg