Orion

TrailHunter

Hooked
You're just baiting with this post, I'm not biting.

So did you weld the track bar brackets yet? I haven't welded mine yet and I'm looking for pointers.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

My plan was to wait a bit (500 miles) to make sure everything was ok before welding. But when installing the back, (on Sunday) I snapped one of the U-bolts.... so I had no choice. I only hit a couple spots, but plan on doing a more thorough job.

I used a Dremel, a screwdriver and a small wire brush to clean the weld area best I could. And just plan on hitting whatever spots are reachable from the bracket to the housing... and new bracket to stock bracket. Jump around to small areas at a time on the housing and let it cool a bit in between.... I’m no pro, so I plan on leaving all the EVO bolts... this is just for added strength.

rubiDave

My plan was to wait a bit (500 miles) to make sure everything was ok before welding. But when installing the back, (on Sunday) I snapped one of the U-bolts.... so I had no choice. I only hit a couple spots, but plan on doing a more thorough job.

I used a Dremel, a screwdriver and a small wire brush to clean the weld area best I could. And just plan on hitting whatever spots are reachable from the bracket to the housing... and new bracket to stock bracket. Jump around to small areas at a time on the housing and let it cool a bit in between.... I’m no pro, so I plan on leaving all the EVO bolts... this is just for added strength.
We have similar plans. I've got about 700 + mi on mine now, so it's time to weld it up. My front bracket did loosen a bit after the 1st wheeling trip. I don't think the nuts backed off, just that the brackets adjusted themselves from road forces. After re-torqueung once it hasn't loosened in the last 500 mi.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Flexed the Jeep out today and figured out I needed to trim the fenders and the Rear driveshaft boot was hitting the Evap skid. I really wanted to keep the fenders alone but I also dont want to add more bumpstop.... so the plan is to cut the minimal while leaving a stock look:

Checking and measuring...
IMG_0691.jpg

Shifted the front of the Evap over one hole (2”) and drilled a new hole. Done.
IMG_0695.jpg

About an 1 1/8” off the front...
IMG_0696.jpg

... and 1 1/2” off the rear.
IMG_0697.jpg

Rather than remove the side marker.. I cut it along the same line... I’ll fill the hole in the light wIth some right stuff RTV... it’s barely noticable.. I still have some fine tuning to do, but I like how it came out.
IMG_0699.jpg

IMG_0700.jpg

jdofmemi

Looks good!

I predict some more trimming in the future, after a wheeling trip or two to find where it still rubs.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Looks good. [emoji106]

Looks good. Good idea moving the skid.

Thanks!

Looks good!

I predict some more trimming in the future, after a wheeling trip or two to find where it still rubs.

Clean man ! Enjoy the fenders while they last . The 37s eat them up if you upsize later

Thanks! Yeah, If I go to 37's, they will need to be cut more..... should be good for now.

rubiDave

Flexed the Jeep out today and figured out I needed to trim the fenders and the Rear driveshaft boot was hitting the Evap skid. I really wanted to keep the fenders alone but I also dont want to add more bumpstop.... so the plan is to cut the minimal while leaving a stock look:

View attachment 329548

View attachment 329549

View attachment 329550

View attachment 329551

Rather than remove the side marker.. I cut it along the same line... I’ll fill the hole in the light wIth some right stuff RTV... it’s barely noticable.. I still have some fine tuning to do, but I like how it came out.
View attachment 329552

View attachment 329553

View attachment 329548

View attachment 329549

View attachment 329550

View attachment 329551

View attachment 329552

View attachment 329553

The fender trim looks pretty good. I had the same dilemma but opted for 1/2 inch more bumpstop. I'm running 315s and 4 inch backspace so my tires probably didn't rub as much as yours.

TrailHunter

Hooked
The fender trim looks pretty good. I had the same dilemma but opted for 1/2 inch more bumpstop. I'm running 315s and 4 inch backspace so my tires probably didn't rub as much as yours.

When I measured the distance from the bump stop to the bump holder, and compared that to the fender gap... I figured I had plenty of room.... I didn’t take into consideration that when the axle pivots the tire goes higher. Glad I checked before hitting the trail... I would have ripped some shit off for sure. [emoji15]

rubiDave

When I measured the distance from the bump stop to the bump holder, and compared that to the fender gap... I figured I had plenty of room.... I didn’t take into consideration that when the axle pivots the tire goes higher. Glad I checked before hitting the trail... I would have ripped some shit off for sure. [emoji15]
I lost a piece of the plastic fender support bracket on the front inner fender my first trip out. That seemed to fix the worst of the rubbing. I added a little more bumpstop after that but haven't had the chance to test it.

Top Bottom