Which front bearing/hub assembly

Moochie

tks , while I was searching tonight that came up. I'm much happier now.

That is a few bucks cheaper thanks. I'm hoping to buy one and then get a replacement bearing for the bad one if it's repairable so I have a spare.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

They are not repairable.

Tackerdown

Banned
Well that sucks, sum bitch. I guess that's why it alway only came up as an assembly.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Alan30

Hmm I really didn't look that hard at the ball joint I'll have to run out and jack it up to check again.:thinking:

Tom, I too, believe this to be a ball joint. Every time I've seen a bad bearing, there is usually weeks of a whining noise. You may need another set of eyes to look on the inside while you're moving it. :twocents: Good luck!!!

Tackerdown

Banned
I replaced mine recently. I found the best price from RockAuto.XXX Part number HA590242,Wheel Bearing & Hub Assembly.$90.79/EA. $10.00 shipping for both. I have an 08 JKU 4 door.:rock:
Thanks Aspenkid I got it for 89.42 with shipping. The wife said google the websight name with coupon at the end and found another 5% off coupon:rock::rock::rock::thumb::yup::celebrate::cheesy:.

Tackerdown

Banned
Tom, I too, believe this to be a ball joint. Every time I've seen a bad bearing, there is usually weeks of a whining noise. You may need another set of eyes to look on the inside while you're moving it. :twocents: Good luck!!!
This thing so sloppy I'm going with the bearing. hope I'm right.

RageKage

Wheel hub assembly

Replacing my hub assemblies and I had a question... I had seen Eddie's write up about replacement but now I can't find it. He used Timken bearings and my question was since I'm running 37's do I need an upgraded unit or will a Timken replacement be sufficient enough? Also will the ones Eddie used work for my 2014? I can't find any Timken's that say they fit my vehicle to save my life. Thanks guys

Ddays

Hooked
Replacing my hub assemblies and I had a question... I had seen Eddie's write up about replacement but now I can't find it. He used Timken bearings and my question was since I'm running 37's do I need an upgraded unit or will a Timken replacement be sufficient enough? Also will the ones Eddie used work for my 2014? I can't find any Timken's that say they fit my vehicle to save my life. Thanks guys

I don't believe there is a "upgraded" unit bearing available. If there is an aftermarket unit out there claiming to be stronger than stock I'd be interested in hearing about it. Running 37's you should be fine although you may not get the same life expectancy you would with stock wheels & tires.

The difference in the unit bearings is in the length of the sensor wire. I remember Cozdude specifically saying these would work on the newer models as he had plenty of wire even running a coilover setup like he is.

resqman911

Unit Bearing recommendations

Replacing my unit bearings in the next week and just curious if one brand is better than the other. Have read that certain brands come with the shorter sensor wiring causing issues on install.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom