Making the B Pillar removable on a 4 door.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Not my thing, but I do appreciate the quality of the work and the challenge of the task.

I think you should make one really long half door though.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I like it! It’s definitely unique as mentioned. A ton of work for sure. Knowing what you know now, would you do it again?

maskale

Did you happen to build an access point to switch the lever from spool in, free spool, and spool out?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

It’s all wireless, even the clutch. There is a switch to turn on and off the wireless function on winch. I just reach in and turn winch on before going wheeling. I leave it on all weekend so it’s always ready to go. Just have to turn on remote to use it.

IMG_1389.jpg

This front winch is a 12k. I have the 10K version mounted on back, it has been very reliable and actually use it 3-4 times more than the front.

IMG_2619.jpg

IMG_2625.jpg

IMG_2616.jpg

IMG_2615.jpg

IMG_2621.jpg

IMG_2629.jpg

maskale

That bumper looks amazing!

Thanks, especially since it just started out as a piece of 14x6 by 1/4" thick tube steel from the scrap yard.

I like it! It’s definitely unique as mentioned. A ton of work for sure. Knowing what you know now, would you do it again?

Yes and No. No because I wouldn't build the same thing twice. But I don't regret doing it. Sure it was a heck of a lot of work, cutting metal and wires not really knowing what I was getting into, but having the confidence that I can make it work. I have a Fuck it Cut it, now I got to fix it mentality.

I dig it. Looks like an island vehicle.

LOL, never cross my mind, but ya I see what your saying. :thumb:

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Yes and No. No because I wouldn't build the same thing twice. But I don't regret doing it. Sure it was a heck of a lot of work, cutting metal and wires not really knowing what I was getting into, but having the confidence that I can make it work. I have a Fuck it Cut it, now I got to fix it mentality.

Confidence is half the battle! Skill and a bit of luck make up the rest. I’m assuming that you made the rear bumper and I like the added rear facing winch! Mounting it in the jack compartment like that turn out really nice! The front bumper looks really unique as well. I’m still getting use to how tight it is to the grill. It almost doesn’t look real. Nice work all the way around!

jesse3638

Hooked
Definitely unique and looks pretty cool. Wish I possessed those fab skills.

...but having the confidence that I can make it work. I have a Fuck it Cut it, now I got to fix it mentality.

This is my approach to most things. I'll give it a try first and if I mess it up or it's more than I can handle I'll call someone to help me fix it..haha. I've had far more successes and learned a lot doing things this way.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

maskale

I mentioned about disabling the voice control because I don’t like hitting it by accident. I took the steering wheel apart and took the button assembly apart. On the button pad I cut off the Voice and phone button rubber tit that makes contact with the button inside.

IMG_2314.jpg IMG_2313.jpg

ibeb

I mentioned about disabling the voice control because I don’t like hitting it by accident. I took the steering wheel apart and took the button assembly apart. On the button pad I cut off the Voice and phone button rubber tit that makes contact with the button inside.

View attachment 323071 View attachment 323072

Not near taking the steering wheel apart, but I usually end up doing the same to the damn panic button on key fobs. Nothing like having the keys in your pocket, contorted in some way my body doesn't bend any more working on the Jeep, just to have something press against the panic button and the horn starts blaring.

Erik

Top Bottom