IT'S HERE : Jeep JK BIG Bore XD Steerng Gear Box - NOW SHIPPING

wjtstudios

Hooked
That sounds badass man I'm excited to get mine In! I might hold off with the drag link for now and see how it goes, I'm only on 35s now with no lockers so I want to really test it and see! Thanks for the info again man keep us updated with the new box! I'm going in next Tuesday for mine woo!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Awesome, post up what you think once you get it in!

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Hey guys! Quick question for those who are running this box or maybe just anyone who has more of an idea than me LOL

I just got my PSC box and I'm super stoked to have it installed, but I was curious on if I needed the lines and pump to go with it? From my understanding is I won't need to, but the current lines on the JK are super restrictive and I should make the switch eventually?

Main reason I'm asking is my current box is bad and I didn't want to pay the money in the first place but I choked it up and bought it and would rather not have to spend another $520 on top of the $900 I already paid for the box..

Thanks for any help guys I appreciate it!

The upgraded feed line is only $99 so may be worth doing now while you're at it. The return line (as I understand) requires a new PSC reservoir tank and cooler so that's maybe a little overkill if you're not going full hydro assist. I'd hold off on the pump now if I were you and see how it is after the box upgrade. Then spend the money if you need to afterwards. No use replacing a part that does it's job just fine now, you know?

The upgraded feed line is only $99 so may be worth doing now while you're at it. The return line (as I understand) requires a new PSC reservoir tank and cooler so that's maybe a little overkill if you're not going full hydro assist. I'd hold off on the pump now if I were you and see how it is after the box upgrade. Then spend the money if you need to afterwards. No use replacing a part that does it's job just fine now, you know?

Yeah I had the same idea, if I don't have to spend the money I won't right now and save up for the pump lines etc. The only thing I found that would fit an 07 jk is this

http://www.pscmotorsports.com/vehic.../07-10-jeep-jk-high-volume-pump-kit-1812.html

Maybe I missed it? If you have the link etc I would love to look and maybe get the lines if I can, unless you have to buy the pump and stuff all at once like you mentioned

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Yeah I had the same idea, if I don't have to spend the money I won't right now and save up for the pump lines etc. The only thing I found that would fit an 07 jk is this

http://www.pscmotorsports.com/vehic.../07-10-jeep-jk-high-volume-pump-kit-1812.html

Maybe I missed it? If you have the link etc I would love to look and maybe get the lines if I can, unless you have to buy the pump and stuff all at once like you mentioned

Ahh, I missed your model year. It seems like the 12 and up are the only ones with the restricted lines. You should be ok!

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I have the XDll on the way. I'll post up some comparison pictures once it arrives and I pull the old XD out. Having the option to expand in the future was very appealing to me with the XDll.

I just placed my order for the new XDII box on fri. They said It'll be shipping in 2-3weeks. I am very excited for it.

Did you flush with SWEPCO flushing oil and switched over to their power steering fluid as PSC recommends? I forgot to ask them when placing an order. I also just emailed them about it now so I won't forget later.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I used OEM fluid with the swap to the Big Bore XD. But with the II coming, I ordered the SWEPCO 729 flush and will go to their fluid and follow PSCs recommendations. Has anyone flushed the power steering system with swepco? What's the easiest way to do that?

Hey guys quick update:
The jeep drives a million times better. The steering is a lot tighter and definitely not as much play as I use to have. I haven't noticed the need to "warm up" or anything, I heard that sometimes it takes second for the fluid the flow which causes the turning to be hard and I haven't experienced that. I've put about 200ish miles. Probably about 40 city, 100 highway and 60 off road and it's been awesome. I'll keep everyone updated as I get more use out of it! [emoji106]

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I just placed my order for the new XDII box on fri. They said It'll be shipping in 2-3weeks. I am very excited for it.

My XDll shipped today!! I should have it Friday.

Nice I was originally told when ordered this last fri that it'll be 2-3 weeks. But yesterday while placing order flushing oil and fluid I was told Itll ship in next couple days. Man I am hoping it'll ship soon.

Let me know who your install and flush goes.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Nice o was originally told when ordered this last fri that I'll be 2-3 weeks. But yesterday while placing order flushing oil and fluid I was told Itll ship in next couple days. Man I am hoping it'll ship soon.

Let me know who your install and flush goes.

Will do, I still need to figure out the flush. I'll do some research this weekend on it.

sunnysideup

Got a chance to test it out off road the last couple weeks. Works great!

I didn't do a total flush on mine. I drained the fluids for a day or so and then swapped in Amsoil power steering fluid. Runs smooth, cool, and works great.

Jkjon

No you don't. I spoke with sales and they have two XDII boxes. Non ported and ported/capped. You don't need to run the ram with ported box but you can if want in the future. Just take a cap out and add another line.

In looking at PSCs site, it looks like they have phased out the original XD box that had the 42mm sector shaft and all share the same casting with the 45mm sector shaft?

Top Bottom