Rubicon trip in August - anyone up?

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
I reserved 1 site at Stumpy meadows campground off of Wentworth Springs Rd. for Friday night. It's 23 miles from loon lake Dam, and near the original Rubicon entrance. We can discuss which to run Friday night I guess. Sounds like they allow 2 vehicles per site with an extra vehicle fee. I will be there mid to late afternoon, and Jeepsy will likely be pretty late getting down after work.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Four Flusher

Almost Go Time

I spoke to Mark "rarecj8", my offroad angel, yesterday about our journey from west to east. He and I are going to meet today to a get a little more info.

Here are some of his suggestions.

I posted up on Pirate about our trip.

I got the Ham frequencies set in my radio.

We should camp at wentworth springs campground friday night so we can get on the trail early Sat morning, think 9AM

Probably best to camp Sat around Bucks lake, camping at Rubicon spring would make for a really long day, I think last year it only took a couple of hours to get from the springs to observation point.

I talked to Dave last night about Marks input and he was good with it.

I spent a bunch of time on the Rubicon trail foundation site and google earthed the whole trail.

I'll post more later.

Steve

ChiliDawg

Sweet, this thing is coming together. I have a game to referee tonight at 6 but I'd be ok to meet up around sparks tonight if anyone wanted to discuss plans. Otherwise it sounds like meeting at Wentworth campground Friday night is the play. I haven't called to reserve another site yet because I haven't got everything together yet, but I may try and do that today.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Campground changed flusher found out that original site although only 20 miles out was actually about an hours drive to trailhead. I guess Wentworth Springs is considerably closer to trail and free to boot.

Four Flusher

Sweet, this thing is coming together. I have a game to referee tonight at 6 but I'd be ok to meet up around sparks tonight if anyone wanted to discuss plans. Otherwise it sounds like meeting at Wentworth campground Friday night is the play. I haven't called to reserve another site yet because I haven't got everything together yet, but I may try and do that today.

Wentworth's free, my plan is to be there by 4PM, hopefully I'll secure room for four rigs

Some dude already posted on Pirate about keeping an eye out for us

black pearl

Hooked
Are you running wentworth towards loon lake?? I'm curious on the condition of post pile Area. I've heard it got pretty gnarly from last winter, I wanted to check it out but didn't have time on my trip up there.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Are you running wentworth towards loon lake?? I'm curious on the condition of post pile Area. I've heard it got pretty gnarly from last winter, I wanted to check it out but didn't have time on my trip up there.

It is a high possibility, group hasn't decided yet. Being as none of us have run it before we really won't be able to give you an answer though.

black pearl

Hooked
Top Bottom