I guess it's the "Super Stocker" build

Napalm

Without getting into the weeds and airing my shit, I had to cancel my front axle order today. I’m really, really bummed but gotta take care of the family first. I simply need to save up more cash so the cushion is bigger. Life happens and it seems to happen a lot in my household. I’m sure I’m not the only one.

When the time is right, I will return to ordering the Carbon setup. When I called to cancel today they didn’t bat an eye at processing the refund. No haggling, just complete understanding.

So I’ll wheel with my rear locked and my D30. I have a spare D30 housing so if I get too crazy, I’ll have a second time bomb to use for awhile.

It sucks but is necessary.

Sorry to hear about whatever is going on with the family. But you are right, family comes first and you made the right call.

It’ll fall into place when it’s meant to happen!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
It’ll be well worth the wait when it arrives. Sorry to hear that it didn’t work out, yet.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

USMC Wrangler

Thanks. It does suck and I do believe it will work out. The past two plus years have been full of bad shit happening but they are lessening. I thought we were over all of it but clearly not yet.

It’s not the end of the world, so just need to wait longer. I’ve waited this long and can/do still have plenty of fun in Spider. Life goes on...

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
I guess it's the "Super Stocker" build

Been out of town just catching up on things. Sorry to hear about this hope all is good.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

USMC Wrangler

You will never regret putting family first

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Absolutely true! After the disappointment of everything yesterday, I slept well last night knowing it was the best decision to make.

At one time I was close to selling Spider due to other life happenings. No one in the family wanted that so we adjusted elsewhere.

Anyway, thanks everyone. I’m completely ok with this outcome and know when it’s 100% right everything will fall into place.

USMC Wrangler

Sorry to hear about your order cancellation. Hope all is well with your family.

HAPPYTRAILS

Thanks. Things have calmed down and we got some unrelated good news. We bought a pop up camper a year and a half ago. We enjoyed it, it slept all 6 of us, but the damn roof leaked on the road. Dealer “rebuilt” the box walls but it still leaked. Last week between calls to Jayco and the dealership owner, we swapped for the cost of registering the new rig. Spider can’t pull it since it’s 4600 lbs dry, but getting ready to head out to Prescott in the morning.

The nicely equipped, yet very leaky pop up... (I named it “The Problem Child”)

IMG_8425.JPG

The replacement, so far unnamed...$271 later...

IMG_8522.JPG

Oh, tucking Spider in for the night, and expecting him to keep an eye on things while we are gone...

E10F6225-3EF4-4B2E-8564-3289BEC7405E.jpg

Life’s ups and downs. The good and the bad. Hopefully I can get that rear locker in over the next few weeks???

USMC Wrangler

Thankfully I bought two windshield banners in my last order. I just wish I would’ve gotten them both in red. The white one will be going on next week sometime.

The state highway I drive to/from work was chip sealed over the past couple weeks. They finished about a week ago. I completely expected to catch a few stones while it was going on, but didn’t.

The contractors that did the work left a great deal of debris on the shoulder and centerline. According to my call to the highway department, there was/is no plan to come back and sweep it up. “Normal traffic flow will clean it”, was the answer I got. [emoji849] Yesterday I got three new strikes and about 100ish small chips. Somehow my Trucklite headlights and cubes got zero. Also, I can’t find any paint chips, so that’s good.

As I’ve said before, I’m trying the Gorilla Glass out this time. It is covered by my $0 deductible on glass through State Farm. I’m just waiting to hear back from the glass company to schedule install. They said they just did another Jeep this morning with Gorilla.

I’ll be sure to post when it’s done.

USMC Wrangler

Oh, I also needed to move the camper this morning a couple inches. My wife had our tow rig so I used Spider. I think there is a little sag going on...

IMG_8570.JPG

USMC Wrangler

Finally got my schedule to work with the glass company to install the new windshield. I get to see first hand if all the hype about the Gorilla Glass is valid.

I expected to have to remove or adjust the A pillar lights for the installers. But they worked around it without any issues.

The windshield looks like the originals but with an added gorilla on the lower left side.

IMG_8656.JPG

IMG_8658.JPG

IMG_8657.JPG

USMC Wrangler

Gorilla Glass 😑

I’ve had plenty of rock chips on OE glass, but none turned into this! 😲

The hassle of getting it scheduled with the one installer in my county and how bad this cracked, back to OE from Safelite I go.

Attachments

• B31B204F-6E73-4859-A11F-8996569EB002.jpg
    B31B204F-6E73-4859-A11F-8996569EB002.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 66

nbunga

Caught the Bug
I’ve had plenty of rock chips on OE glass, but none turned into this! [emoji44]

The hassle of getting it scheduled with the one installer in my county and how bad this cracked, back to OE from Safelite I go.

Well that’s a little disappointing. So much for gorilla glass being any better.

BaddestCross

I’ve had plenty of rock chips on OE glass, but none turned into this! [emoji44]

Lol. Looks like mine but opposite side. Rock hit right at the base of the glass and the crack worked it's way around. Wasn't Safelite, but it was an independent guy.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Top Bottom