Been waiting for years, Long time Tacoma Guy switching to the Jeep side! At last!

Wizzard005

So we will be doing a road trip, I want to be able to share on the forum, but dont want to break rules.. I am very intrested to see what fits the JT from the JL... I am happy to no longer own a Tacoma :) Not that it was a bad truck, just hard to do anything with

Seahawkfan

Hooked
So we will be doing a road trip, I want to be able to share on the forum, but dont want to break rules.. I am very intrested to see what fits the JT from the JL... I am happy to no longer own a Tacoma :) Not that it was a bad truck, just hard to do anything with

Oh hell no, No road trips postings allowed. That's rule #1. :naw::naw: Most likely everything from the cab forward.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
We are planning on doing a 50 state road trip as soon as we get the Gladiator.[/QUOTE]

That Island state may be a tough one. Unless the Launch Edition has the amphibious package.:) But then again you may win the $100,000 and could ship it over and back.

Wizzard005

Was joking...;) I believe trips are encouraged. Everybody likes photos. Just don't post up GPS locations and maps to trails and you'll be fine. Have a great trip. Looking forward to seeing it.

Oh I know, you jeeprrs are more interesting than Tacoma people lol

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Oh I know, you jeeprrs are more interesting than Tacoma people lol

And us Wayalifers are more interesting than other Jeepers!
Whether or not you do coilovers or springs with shocks of whatever brand, I'd look at EVO for the long arms if you go that way. I was wondering about tire size in general on the Gladiator. For trails where you need ground clearance for breakover angles, how big do you need to go? I remember it being talked about on a JK Experience video once that on a 2 door, a 35 inch tire is good enough as a 37 on a 4 door. That is because of the wheel base. So does that mean on a JT you need 40's to be equal to those set ups? I'm sure it'll do great no matter the tire size on most normal trails, but this is a question that will need attention for anyone building one of these. Mel Wade's Moab trip should give us a clue as he'll be one of the first to do it. That EVO build is going to be sweet!

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
And us Wayalifers are more interesting than other Jeepers!
Whether or not you do coilovers or springs with shocks of whatever brand, I'd look at EVO for the long arms if you go that way. I was wondering about tire size in general on the Gladiator. For trails where you need ground clearance for breakover angles, how big do you need to go? I remember it being talked about on a JK Experience video once that on a 2 door, a 35 inch tire is good enough as a 37 on a 4 door. That is because of the wheel base. So does that mean on a JT you need 40's to be equal to those set ups? I'm sure it'll do great no matter the tire size on most normal trails, but this is a question that will need attention for anyone building one of these. Mel Wade's Moab trip should give us a clue as he'll be one of the first to do it. That EVO build is going to be sweet!

Probably 40’s. That’s what Brute went to.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

woof359

boss well love me

been working for Toyota for 28 years, been thinking of selling my Pre Runner and Jk for a JT, still not sold on it yet tho. When I bought the Jk the owner gave me some heckling, but Like I told him Toyota (Life Is Over Mini Van MFG) doesn't have any thing fun, he walked away with a big smile on his face, he understood completely.

Top Bottom