Overlanding Gear

Brute

Hooked
Wow. Just looked it up. No shit. Fucking Jeep, there goes another 1600 bucks. I seriously may consider that 60L and just sell the one we have. Only real complaint is the overall height of the 50qt.

Hehe.......

BaddestCross

The bed is 17.5 inches high. Is it shorter than that? Also do they make a larger capacity fridge than that with the same height?
Sorry, missed that you were looking for the JT. The 35 is 16.2" high, and I wish they made a larger capacity at the same height... I would've bought it. Sacrificed the capacity for the height since I wanted it to fit under the cover with the slider.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Do you care if the fridge is taller than the bedrails? I don't know the dimensions of this one but the ARB 50qt is too tall. I'm already trying to think of what to do on this because we're getting the tonneau cover.

The elements fridge is nearly 3 inches shorter than the 50qt regular fridge. Was looking at the elements for a JT so it can sit in the bed instead of taking up cab space.

No idea why I’m even looking for stuff to put in a JT that I don’t have yet. Hell I don’t even have a fridge for the JK yet, and the JT is months away. My wife is gonna kill me.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
The elements fridge is nearly 3 inches shorter than the 50qt regular fridge. Was looking at the elements for a JT so it can sit in the bed instead of taking up cab space.

Thanks. I'll look into that too.

No idea why I’m even looking for stuff to put in a JT that I don’t have yet.

There's nothing wrong with that. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

My wife is gonna kill me.

Yesterday, every time I said 'when' we get one, she would say 'IF' we get one.... Then last night she's like 'So are we going to order it tomorrow or what?' I'll interpret that how I wish.
I really hope to have this thing ordered ASAP.

BaddestCross

So you guys are mounting these under tuffy security tops ?

I have a soft tonneau, but if I measured correctly, it should still fit under a Tuffy. I can't verify that for you though.

The way mine sits, you can see a slight outline of the top of the fridge through the cover. I believe the Tuffy - at least the old model - rises up a bit off the rail, and if it didn't work but was close, I figured that removing the carpet would get me the last bit I would need. All theory though since I don't have one.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Yesterday, every time I said 'when' we get one, she would say 'IF' we get one.... Then last night she's like 'So are we going to order it tomorrow or what?' I'll interpret that how I wish.
I really hope to have this thing ordered ASAP.

Lol. My wife was hell bent against getting one for a long time but I finally convinced her that her 11 year old 2wd v6 tundra was due for a replacement. Now she’s all about it... that is until she realizes that there’s 2 Jeeps to build. She gets pissed whenever I order anything for the JK.

Brute

Hooked
Lol. My wife was hell bent against getting one for a long time but I finally convinced her that her 11 year old 2wd v6 tundra was due for a replacement. Now she’s all about it... that is until she realizes that there’s 2 Jeeps to build. She gets pissed whenever I order anything for the JK.

Get the Gladiator for HER...

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Get the Gladiator for HER...

That’s exactly what I’m doing. lol. She knows it’s gonna be hers.... at least that’s how I’m wording things for now. She’s excited to go 4 wheeling somewhere but also nervous because she’s never done it herself as the driver. Hopefully that’s all about to change soon. She grew up here her whole life and has never been to waipio valley, ka’alu’alu, or green sands until I took her last year.

black pearl

Hooked
That’s exactly what I’m doing. lol. She knows it’s gonna be hers.... at least that’s how I’m wording things for now. She’s excited to go 4 wheeling somewhere but also nervous because she’s never done it herself as the driver. Hopefully that’s all about to change soon. She grew up here her whole life and has never been to waipio valley, ka’alu’alu, or green sands until I took her last year.

Waipio Valley is amazing! Its also a hell of a hike down and back up. Only did that once. Drove down the other times.

WJCO

Meme King
Bump. That time of year.

I know I've mentioned it before but love this coffee pot/inverter setup. We had good quality coffee in just a couple minutes every morning. Don't think I'll ever go back to boiling water if I don't have to.

DSC02871.jpg

And first time using the ARB awning on a camping trip. Loved it. We were both really glad we got this thing.

DSC02845.jpg

black pearl

Hooked
Bump. That time of year.

I know I've mentioned it before but love this coffee pot/inverter setup. We had good quality coffee in just a couple minutes every morning. Don't think I'll ever go back to boiling water if I don't have to.

View attachment 329936

And first time using the ARB awning on a camping trip. Loved it. We were both really glad we got this thing.

View attachment 329937

I really dig the awning! I’ve thought about one for my jeep, but don’t know how to mount it without a rack.

Brute

Hooked
Bump. That time of year.

View attachment 329936

View attachment 329937

I do like that awning...I have the same one on Anvil...you can also get the screen room for it if you run into a crapload of mosquitoes or flies...I have the Fox awning (not the batwing) on my trailer...with three extensions...you can really put up a lot of shade coverage, or put them down to block wind...

Ddays

Hooked

I know you posted it before but I'm gonna be lazy - what wattage inverter is that? tried blowing the pic up but it gets too blurry to read And did you run 4 ga. wire from the battery?

WJCO

Meme King
I really dig the awning! I’ve thought about one for my jeep, but don’t know how to mount it without a rack.

It does require some kind of structure. But it doesn't take much. I just used 4 tubing clamps for fastening it.

IMG_20180128_145311_968.jpg

IMG_20180128_145331_296.jpg

I do like that awning...I have the same one on Anvil...you can also get the screen room for it if you run into a crapload of mosquitoes or flies...I have the Fox awning (not the batwing) on my trailer...with three extensions...you can really put up a lot of shade coverage, or put them down to block wind...

It's crazy the amount of accessories that you can add to these things.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Bumping this up to see if anyone has heard of Element fire extinguishers. It’s a completely different technology and looks interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom