What problems does your Jeep have this week?

black pearl

Hooked
Installed a dual band radio in a Tuffy overhead console. Ran the antenna cable down the drivers side A pillar and out to the engine bay through the firewall. Went to program it, keyed the mic and the ETC light started blinking, RPMs went to 2,000, and the skinny pedal went dead. Happily the ETC resets with an engine shutdown/restart, but I don't think I'll be talking on the radio until I can figure out what the hell's going on...

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

I've only seen that once before someone stuck a magnetic Antenna to the hood of there JK every time they keyed up it would wig out ... I would re rout the antenna cable to the other side

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Donner85

Think my clock springs on it's way out. Started off getting the esc light backing out of my driveway only on really cold days. Now it comes on as soon as I start it up. Steering wheel is set dead centers it's not that. Luckily I just got a letter for the extended clockspring warranty a few weeks ago.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Think my clock springs on it's way out. Started off getting the esc light backing out of my driveway only on really cold days. Now it comes on as soon as I start it up. Steering wheel is set dead centers it's not that. Luckily I just got a letter for the extended clockspring warranty a few weeks ago.

Go get it checked out bud, I hope you have good relationship with your stealership.
Good luck, I get my letter as well

.....…...............................................................
MY BUILT/REBUILD: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?44123-Rebuilt-of-a-Billet-Silver-mall-crawler&p=859931#post859931

Donner85

Yeah unfortunately it's something I have to take it to them for. I usually do everything else myself. Worst case scenario I have the lifetime warranty too so worst case I'll drop $100. Wish my code reader would read those codes so I would know for sure.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Yeah unfortunately it's something I have to take it to them for. I usually do everything else myself. Worst case scenario I have the lifetime warranty too so worst case I'll drop $100. Wish my code reader would read those codes so I would know for sure.

Well $100 bucks ain't bad man, I also have life time warranty, and I already took it in for oil filter adapter and inner axles seals, both were free of charge.
The $100 deductible is only for some things, it might be for the clockspring, but still that is not bad

MY BUILT/REBUILD: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?44123-Rebuilt-of-a-Billet-Silver-mall-crawler&p=859931#post859931

Donner85

Either way I definitely gotta get it in soon. It's annoying seeing the light. Just been putting it off since I picked up a cheap beater for everyday driving. Now my baby can rest all week and come out on the weekends. Lol

Clowe

Well my Rubicon electronic sway bar motor killed my battery twice and caught on fire. Evo no limits will be here Monday.

bear996

CEL light P0830, clutch relay switch circuit. Reading up I didn't find much info but it could be caused by me half clutching through a light too long apparently. I reset it with my scanner at the house once I got home and it hasn't lit up again since. Hopefully it was a one time thing. throw out bearing felt fine, that was the other thing it could have been but no pressure or squeeling from the clutch at all. Jeep runs, drives and shifts like butter, I think it was just my fat foot.

Ddays

Hooked
Went to turn my compressor on....nothin....great. It's 15 degrees and the damn wind is blowing 500 mph today. Eff that. Why can't shit just stay working...

Chad

I cut the hood and installed a Poison Spyder hood vent, installed new Synergy ball joints (pain in the ass), all good to go. Now the stupid ass fog lights won't turn on! WTF!? Always something.

Honor2afault

Caught the Bug
Just replaced rear axle shaft bearings and changed differential fluids. Got it all back together and now i have oil leaking by the tranny, sure hope it's an oil pan gasket and not the rear main seal. Yippee

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

Simple but still drove me nuts. I had a squeak coming from the back of my jeep that I couldn't even dround out with my shitty stock stereo. Tracked it down to the rubber pipe fittings I used to extend my stock spare tire isolators. Guess they didn't fit snug enough and they were squeaking rubbing against my spare. Back to the drawing board with that one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

tgoss

This thread is fantastic. I'll play. Trans gave out at TDS. A little trail repair instead of a relaxing weekend wheeling with friends was just what I needed [emoji849]

IMG_2962.jpg

jeeeep

Hooked
steering box crapped out, PSC wasn't able to repair it so they gave me a new steering box - awesome service! :thumb:

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Just replaced rear axle shaft bearings and changed differential fluids. Got it all back together and now i have oil leaking by the tranny, sure hope it's an oil pan gasket and not the rear main seal. Yippee

I had a leak that looked like it was coming from the tranny and it was also all over oil pan as well....
It turned out to be oil filter adapter....
I have a 3.6L tough.

It was this motherfucker right here

IMG_4073.jpg
IMG_4073.jpg

Honor2afault

Caught the Bug
I had a leak that looked like it was coming from the tranny and it was also all over oil pan as well....
It turned out to be oil filter adapter....
I have a 3.6L tough.

It was this motherfucker right here

View attachment 247880
View attachment 247880

I wouldn't have thought about that, gives me another place to look. Thanks. [emoji106]

Top Bottom