NEW!!!! 2" SPORT system with progressive coils front and rear!

Sharkey

Word Ninja

Anyone add small spacers to this? I’m thinking about adding 3/4” pucks to offset a little extra weight. I’ll probably have to get a 3” bump stop spacer for the rear and maybe some longer sway bar end links, but I’m hoping that would be it. Anyone go down this road and have some advice, warnings, etc.?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Rancho

Caught the Bug
For the rear that should be OK, for the front go smaller if possible.
The rear has the travel in the shock for it. The front has it but on a smaller "lift"
Matt

Anyone add small spacers to this? I’m thinking about adding 3/4” pucks to offset a little extra weight. I’ll probably have to get a 3” bump stop spacer for the rear and maybe some longer sway bar end links, but I’m hoping that would be it. Anyone go down this road and have some advice, warnings, etc.?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
The rear has the travel in the shock for it. The front has it but on a smaller "lift"
Matt

Thanks Matt. I'll see if I can find 1/2" spacers. If not, I suppose I could put extensions on the front shocks. My son wants a little more height and he is about to put on a PS front bumper which will add weight. I'm trying to save him the expense of going full blown 3" lift with a front driveshaft, FLCA's, draglink flip, trackbar brackets, etc., etc., etc. Really though, that is what he should save up for.

JKbrick

Thanks Matt. I'll see if I can find 1/2" spacers. If not, I suppose I could put extensions on the front shocks. My son wants a little more height and he is about to put on a PS front bumper which will add weight. I'm trying to save him the expense of going full blown 3" lift with a front driveshaft, FLCA's, draglink flip, trackbar brackets, etc., etc., etc. Really though, that is what he should save up for.

If you need rear spacers I have a set of 1/2” and a set of 3/4” and I think 1” also. I don’t think I have front spacers tho but I can look

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bugtuth

Installed both lifts this weekend. The pic is of my 2dr. It has the 9000 shocks and JKS quick disconnects. Install was easy and it rides great (no wheeling yet). Thanks again to Bubba and Exodus. IMG_0127.JPG

Sharkey

Word Ninja

Matt

Matt - the possible variations are killing me. :)

Option 1:I have a set of EVO Rockstars that I can install. They raise the rear lower shock mount up 2”. Synergy makes a bracket that raises the front lower shock mount 2”.

Could I put the 3/4” pucks front and rear, with the synergy and EVO shock mounts, and a 2” or 3” rear bumpstop extender, and be fine with shock travel?

That’s basically 2.75” of total lift but with shock mounting points for 0.75” of lift. Would there be too big a risk of bottoming out the shocks?

Option 2: skip the Synergy front bracket and buy the Rancho RP-RS999329 shocks for a 3” lift (assuming that shock would be fine with the combo of the Rancho Spring and the 0.75” puck.)

Still curious if the Rockstar/0.75” puck/2” or 3” bumpstop in the rear would work or if I need to just leave the Rockstars out of the equation.

Thanks for you help!

Last edited:

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Monday morning bump was key :)
See below in bold.
:beer:

Matt - the possible variations are killing me. :)

Option 1:I have a set of EVO Rockstars that I can install. They raise the rear lower shock mount up 2”. Synergy makes a bracket that raises the front lower shock mount 2”.

Could I put the 3/4” pucks front and rear, with the synergy and EVO shock mounts, and a 2” or 3” rear bumpstop extender, and be fine with shock travel? YES this happens often actually, my only "concern" is that rear still might be a tad long...

That’s basically 2.75” of total lift but with shock mounting points for 0.75” of lift. Would there be too big a risk of bottoming out the shocks?

Option 2: skip the Synergy front bracket and buy the Rancho RP-RS999329 shocks for a 3” lift (assuming that shock would be fine with the combo of the Rancho Spring and the 0.75” puck.) I don't like this, too expensive IMO. Yo already have the Rockstars, so that cost is "done"

Still curious if the Rockstar/0.75” puck/2” or 3” bumpstop in the rear would work or if I need to just leave the Rockstars out of the equation. Yes, at this no Rockstar (option 2) but since you have it use it.

Thanks for you help!

Wethy

I had 3/4" pucks up front to level out a bumper winch combo on my 2.5 RE lift and i grabbed a set of synergy fronts extensions like your thinking of, and with that i bottomed out my shocks.

I know its a slightly different setup but just for reference that may happen. The RE shocks i think were 24.4 extended and something like 15.5 collapsed so when you cycled the suspension the shock was hitting the the end of its compression before full bump. Even with 3" bumpstops up front. Im not sure what your kit shocks lengths are but you may run into the same issues i did going option one. On the front atleast

Sent from my SM-G960W using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
^^ Thank you both for the input. I guess the smartest thing to do is to actually measure my shocks and see where I'm at before I spend any money making changes.

Wethy

^^ Thank you both for the input. I guess the smartest thing to do is to actually measure my shocks and see where I'm at before I spend any money making changes.
No problem. I ended up removing my 3" bumps and shock extensions went with just the kit shocks and leaving the coil spacers in to level it out after the bumper winch. If i remember correctly ranchos site shows the shock numbers that come with the kit. You could look the part numbers up amd determine the lengths that way if need be to get a baseline rather than finding somewhere to flex fully.

Sent from my SM-G960W using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rocky07

Just an update of my Jk Rubicon with the 2” progressive kit with 2” front bumps, 2.25” rear bumps and swapped 9000 329 front shocks on 37’s and AEV Pintler beadlocks. Other than some pinch seam trimming in the rear, this setup works very well, rides amazing, and flexes great for what it is. This is a great LCOG setup! Image1544409061.916952.jpg Image1544409082.915035.jpg Image1544409103.615780.jpg

BaddestCross

Just an update of my Jk Rubicon with the 2” progressive kit with 2” front bumps, 2.25” rear bumps and swapped 9000 329 front shocks on 37’s and AEV Pintler beadlocks. Other than some pinch seam trimming in the rear, this setup works very well, rides amazing, and flexes great for what it is. This is a great LCOG setup!

Looking good! 🍻

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

JKbrick

Just an update of my Jk Rubicon with the 2” progressive kit with 2” front bumps, 2.25” rear bumps and swapped 9000 329 front shocks on 37’s and AEV Pintler beadlocks. Other than some pinch seam trimming in the rear, this setup works very well, rides amazing, and flexes great for what it is. This is a great LCOG setup! View attachment 316263 View attachment 316264 View attachment 316265

Jeep looks nice

Rancho

Caught the Bug

Rocky07

Image1546493702.762563.jpg Image1546493720.679324.jpg Image1546493732.487576.jpg Image1546493748.850671.jpg Image1546493775.159258.jpg
Took my Rubi on a invite only trail ride @ Badlands off road park private land called Mission Impossible. Stuffing 37’s with the Rancho 2” kit! Beyond impressed with these progressive springs and RS9000 shocks.

Top Bottom