VIDEO : EVO UP - The Beginning of a Badass JEEP GLADIATOR Pickup Truck Build

Andy5160

Hooked
These axles will be sufficient for most. Its just that at 15k for this axle set it actually costs 2k more than Dynatracs 60/60 package and is $1500 less than Dynatracs XD60/XD60 package. I'd argue these packages are of better quality, american made, and their customer service has been proven time and time again vs. the UD60 which I believe are made over seas with the exception of the ring and pinion, and limited customer service. The negativity that has been against the UD60's are the QC and failures which have happened.

XD 60 package for JL will cost around $18k after all the add ons at 72.5 wide. I think Mel mentioned UD 60 he has is 72 wide. So I think if we talking JL the cost difference between the two brands will be $3 to $4 grand.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Smackpappy

Glad you enjoyed the video and yes, it'll be something to see it racing in the Baja!

Yup. This Sport costs about $35k. A fully loaded Rubicon can cost about $60k. Mel is hoping to make a badass build from this starting point and within the $25k difference.

I think it's a part of his price point perspective and availability.

Will they have to eventually change the transfer case ?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Gadget

Caught the Bug
These axles will be sufficient for most. Its just that at 15k for this axle set it actually costs 2k more than Dynatracs 60/60 package and is $1500 less than Dynatracs XD60/XD60 package. I'd argue these packages are of better quality, american made, and their customer service has been proven time and time again vs. the UD60 which I believe are made over seas with the exception of the ring and pinion, and limited customer service. The negativity that has been against the UD60's are the QC and failures which have happened.

So has the quality improved?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
So much awesome in one vehicle. IF it could tow a CJ5 on a trailer then I could see one of these on 37's in the future. I wouldn't flat tow, so that would be a consideration.
Still, I don't know how anyone can watch these videos and not want one at least a little bit.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So much awesome in one vehicle. IF it could tow a CJ5 on a trailer then I could see one of these on 37's in the future. I wouldn't flat tow, so that would be a consideration.
Still, I don't know how anyone can watch these videos and not want one at least a little bit.

You could easily tow a CJ5 with one of these [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Braxtonsag

I just want this build to be done already, the gladiator is the only thing that could get me out of the JK. Would be so nice not getting 7mpg towing my camper anymore. Just waiting to see how they perform offroad first

Brute

Hooked
I just want this build to be done already, the gladiator is the only thing that could get me out of the JK. Would be so nice not getting 7mpg towing my camper anymore. Just waiting to see how they perform offroad first

Set up properly, they will perform great off-road...just be prepared to make a lot of steering adjustments in tight quarters

After a fun filled weekend of testing EVO's brand new Jeep Gladiator Sport pickup truck off-road, Cindy and I headed down to their shop in Fullerton, CA and to see the beginning of a truly badass build. With less than two weeks before the Moab Easter Jeep Safari, there was a ton of work that needed to get done especially being that this truck will ultimately be sitting on a set of 40" tires. In this short video, you'll get a behind the scenes look at everything getting torn down, see some of the parts that'll be going into it such as an EVO lift kit and a set of Dana UD60 axles and you'll even get to hear some of the other plans that Mel has in store for it. We hope you enjoy and be sure to check back during EJS to see the completed build.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

Can't wait to get are gladiator been waiting some time now just have to wait for them to release the diesel then we can place are order.

arkain04

"Nah, this is a Sport. When all is said and done, Mel is gonna try to get this thing built up for about the same cost as a loaded Rubicon. "

That would be amazing and the way to go^^^

r2fasani

Really enjoyed this behind the scenes video. Thank you!
I'm more excited to see what EVO comes up with for the Gladiator than I was with the Jeep concepts for EJS. And the Jeep concepts are pretty awesome! I'm like a kid waiting to open a birthday present or Christmas present. Can't wait!

Top Bottom