Gladiator Bed Cage

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I don’t like the idea of the spare in the bed. I may give something like this a go.
View attachment 359622 .
View attachment 359623 .

I think for 99% of the time, I’d be fine with the spare underneath. The other 1% I would know in advance and just throw it in the bed and pack accordingly.

The whole reason I’m moving to the gladiator is to have more room. It seems counterintuitive to then fill all of that room with a big ass spare.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Hoping maybe LoD jumps in here at some point and gives us some more details.

I think for 99% of the time, I’d be fine with the spare underneath. The other 1% I would know in advance and just throw it in the bed and pack accordingly.

The whole reason I’m moving to the gladiator is to have more room. It seems counterintuitive to then fill all of that room with a big ass spare.

Right there with you. [emoji106]
I can’t clutter up the bed. Being the JT will 99% of the time serve as a mommy missile. The bed needs to be clean and free to use for kids sports stuff, fridge, groceries, daily life stuff.

WJCO

Meme King

Right there with you. [emoji106]
I can’t clutter up the bed. Being the JT will 99% of the time serve as a mommy missile. The bed needs to be clean and free to use for kids sports stuff, fridge, groceries, daily life stuff.

Had ours a year and a half now. ^This is exactly what happens. Road trips, home stuff from hardware store, craigslist pickups, taking cardboard to the recycle center, etc.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Sorry I misunderstood. But if your watching LOD, you need a rear tire carrier!

No worries at all! It’s my fault...I starting talking about how big of a tire can fit underneath. I’m the king of derailing my own threads. 🥃

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
Looking at the pic, I’m pretty sure it has a mechanical winch of some sort like underneath a pickup (if it doesn’t, it should).

But I agree, you would have to empty a lot of the bed which sucks for sure.

Speaking of which, anyone know if a 37 fits underneath the bed in the factory spare spot?

Just to circle back to this question. I watched two videos this week where people had 37” nitto trail grapplers under there. With nitto being one of the truer sized tires, it seems promising.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Strainger

Caught the Bug
Just to circle back to this question. I watched two videos this week where people had 37” nitto trail grapplers under there. With nitto being one of the truer sized tires, it seems promising.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I can confirm that 37" Nitto Ridge Grapplers will fit under the bed. I just had a lift and new tires put on by Evo and they put the spare in.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I’m reviving this thread. It looks like LoD is not moving forward with their rack anytime soon. I’m considering getting something like this custom made. Any clue how much I could expect it to cost? Do you think the weight makes it a bad idea?

Attachments

• 77C1DCE0-C90B-4EBA-A065-4E7B278E55BA.jpeg
    77C1DCE0-C90B-4EBA-A065-4E7B278E55BA.jpeg
    59.3 KB · Views: 13

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
I’m reviving this thread. It looks like LoD is not moving forward with their rack anytime soon. I’m considering getting something like this custom made. Any clue how much I could expect it to cost? Do you think the weight makes it a bad idea?
just outta curiosity… why not go with something already there like the evo half rack or something similar?

CalSgt

Hooked
Not sure on cost but any decent fab shop should be able to whip that out. I don't think it would be too heavy so long as you stick with thin wall tubing. Really for anything lighter than a RTT exhaust tubing would work

Sharkey

Word Ninja
just outta curiosity… why not go with something already there like the evo half rack or something similar?
Fair question. I don’t really like the looks or height of the stuff I have seen so far. The EVO half height is too short for me because I have the Decked system. I need to be able to put a fridge under the cage and on top of the Decked.

I also don’t want to be tightening bolts all the time. Plus, it seems to me like most of them don’t really have that high of a static load rating.

Top Bottom