Painting powder coat

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Those are fake rings. The tire mounts to a bead, like a normal wheel, then the ring is for looks.

Some wheels like this are dual use, and can be used with a real ring and the bead on the outside to make it a true beadlock

^^ This. With the fake rings you seat the bead like a regular tire. With the true beadlock ring you seat the bead like a beadlock.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Those are fake rings. The tire mounts to a bead, like a normal wheel, then the ring is for looks.

Some wheels like this are dual use, and can be used with a real ring and the bead on the outside to make it a true beadlock

Ahhhh. Okay. I thought they were real beadlocks. That makes more sense.

Lol. Actually, yes. My senior was at a high school party that got busted. He somehow was able to leave with a 30 pack of Keystone Light. Now they are mine to use how I want.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

He got busted AND managed to come home with free beer?
That’s a good kid right there. Should train him into some better taste for next time.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
He got busted AND managed to come home with free beer?
That’s a good kid right there. Should train him into some better taste for next time.

My wife and I drove 30 minutes each way to get him and a few of his friends from Tahoe. I drove one of his friend’s vehicles home. They are lucky that I knew the sheriff’s deputy or they may have ended up with minor in possession tickets. But yes, he knows how to handle himself both with booze and with cops. The deputy commented on how respectful and cooperative he was.

As for the keystone, what can I say. He is a broke high school kid...quantity over quality. 🥃[emoji23]

littlebeas

My wife and I drove 30 minutes each way to get him and a few of his friends from Tahoe. I drove one of his friend’s vehicles home. They are lucky that I knew the sheriff’s deputy or they may have ended up with minor in possession tickets. But yes, he knows how to handle himself both with booze and with cops. The deputy commented on how respectful and cooperative he was.

As for the keystone, what can I say. He is a broke high school kid...quantity over quality. 🥃[emoji23]

Ahh the good old days of the “dirty thirty”. Drank my more than my share of that crap beer before my tastes and budget changed.

MericaMade

I personally am not a fan on power coat for something that is going to get scratched up a lot. I feel that spray paint works just fine over power coat but you can see the difference in thickness on big gouges more. I use Krylon Fusion matte black on everything and when I get a good scratch, I just sand the area smooth and re shoot with paint and it blends in just fine. For those wheel rings I would spray paint all day long over power coat.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Letting the final coat of flame red dry, then I’ll clear coat. They aren’t perfect, but they look great for what they are.

IMG_5454.jpg

I also decided that the ring bolts would look better black than gold, so I’m getting set up to prime the bolt heads and then paint them with some extra black chassis paint I have sitting around.

IMG_5453.jpg

Sharkey

Word Ninja
The wheels are matte black. The red is to match the Hard Rock Edition tow hooks and stuff.

Last edited:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Letting the final coat of flame red dry, then I’ll clear coat. They aren’t perfect, but they look great for what they are.

View attachment 338713

I also decided that the ring bolts would look better black than gold, so I’m getting set up to prime the bolt heads and then paint them with some extra black chassis paint I have sitting around.

View attachment 338714

They look great, to me.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Well look at that, my wife planned ahead and picked a holiday table cloth that is a great match for letting everything cure inside overnight. [emoji23]

IMG_5455.jpg

jdofmemi

Well look at that, my wife planned ahead and picked a holiday table cloth that is a great match for letting everything cure inside overnight. [emoji23]

View attachment 338721

That looks great.

Next tire change, I will likely strip what's left of the powder coat from the rings and spray them.

I like your idea of the black bolts. Really going to look good with the red.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
We will see how long they last, but I’m pretty happy with how they turned out. Can’t wait to get everything mounted and on the Jeep.

IMG_5457.jpg

Top Bottom