Ultimate Dana 60 Failure

tgoss

That's a bummer. Unfortunately, there's a lot more of this out there and you just can't make this shit up. It always amazes me that people out there still want to buy these axles.

So true. I couldn't agree more. I've seen these fail twice personally and still to this day have people argue that these are "the best" axle upgrade for the JK...

WJCO

Meme King
So true. I couldn't agree more. I've seen these fail twice personally and still to this day have people argue that these are "the best" axle upgrade for the JK...

So agree. While I realize some people may not have the money to go Dynatrac, they somehow come up with about 75% of the money to buy something that has a poor track record, unknown quality control, and likely non-American materials. And so many have issues up the road because of it. If you're already in the market for an aftermarket axle, why not just save a little bit more for the best.

tgoss

So agree. While I realize some people may not have the money to go Dynatrac, they somehow come up with about 75% of the money to buy something that has a poor track record, unknown quality control, and likely non-American materials. And so many have issues up the road because of it. If you're already in the market for an aftermarket axle, why not just save a little bit more for the best.

Well that's just the thing.... I bought a dynatrac package that is tit for tat price wise I just had to be patient and wait for them. I simply think people are impatient and most importantly ignorant.

WJCO

Meme King
Update from FB feed

Someone on a different thread last night was asking 'What makes Dynatrac different than the competitors axles?' This facebook feed is a perfect example. Hard to believe Dana/Spicer would blame the customer on the break because of the type of springs he/she was running. :grayno:

Just finished reading this thread and was shocked as I did too drink the Dana coolaid and think they were great... Although, lucky for me I haven't yet made the expenditure to get the UD60's...

I did upgrade my front axle from the Rubi to a PR44 with all my Rubi stuff inside it.. I know I have a high level of "piece of mind" when I hear my crappy rock krawling bash the PR44 against something and later all I find is some more paint to touch up... I know I did not need the PR44 necessarily for the 35" I currently run but I did not want to have an axle failure.

My next set of axles will probably be the elite set from DynaTrac, with the PR80 and XD PR60, I would highly doubt I could damage those. And the new pricing makes it a no brainer... I do not know why at any point would someone want the UD60's when you can get DynaTrac's PR60 front and rear for the same price. The only difference at that point is that you still have a stock bolt pattern and do not need to shell out for rims. So really it would be cheaper than the UD60...

toshigav

Hello all.

I read with interest the thread regarding the UD60 failures.
I only respond as here in Australia we have some benefits that may override the problems you have.

1. all the brackets need to be cut off and or replaced in the conversion with the exception of the control arm brackets. they are welded on all side and have 6mm thick steel so I don't see this as an issue.
2. any good reputable welder can replace these (RH Side) brackets and do a great job and they are required in any case for the conversion.
3. our warranty laws may appear to be different to yours in the states and the UD60's are covered by warranty under consumer law here. (very disappointing to hear of your issues there)

I have to agree with you all that DYNATRAC are the number one choice for axles for these vehicles any where in the world.
Sadly for us here the adage of stating just save a little more and get the best of the best.
The difference between the two equivalent (std features on face value) product here in Australia is $10000.00+ dollars.
I will further add that when I looked at purchasing my axles (yes I went with the UD60's) DYNATRAC contacted me and offered a great deal. This contact by DYNATRAC reinforced to me that the company is second to none and would be my choice if I lived in the states.
Here in Australia the cost difference is just too high.
My experience when I had the axles inspected (for engineering) was that they (my axles at least) met the requirements and were considered "quality products". in saying this I recognise that consistency may not be apparent in their production.

I guess my point here is for the Australian potential buyers. I have found that the UD60 axles (front and rear) do the job they state as advertised.
They are a real option for our typical style of 4wd and I cannot see how a buyer might be disappointed at least I am very happy thus far with the particular axles I was supplied.
Fingers crossed they continue to perform as expected.
as for the guys in the states.
as you prices are so close then maybe just maybe you save a little more and buy the best on the market.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Yes they have definitely had some issues. I have them but have no issues stating my experience. I had the loose hub nut issue as did many of the first ones. I've torn my front track bar bracket twice, it's being replaced as we speak. Otherwise they have worked ok. It's crazy to see the issues many folks are having. Mine are the mopar version and one of the first sets so they went through some extra qc checks which may be why not as bad as others. Have seen a lot of the newer ones spinning tubes on forums etc which is just freaking nuts to think that would even be a possibility. Guess we'll see how they work out long term. I may replace them this winter when the v8 goes in or I will at least weld the tubes to the diff in the rear.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Fuck that, I'm sticking with dynatrac.

Exactly. When I purchased my Dynatrac axles I did a search for anything regarding a Prorock 44 break or failure. Nothing.

I just did a search and again could not find anything.

I guess I would challenge anyone to find a housing break on a ProRock 44 or even a ProRock 60 and ProRock XD60. Anyone?

Soflo_jk

How can anybody read this and then see the gladiator and not be the slightest bit suspicious of a certain person on this forum being a sell out?

WJCO

Meme King
How can anybody read this and then see the gladiator and not be the slightest bit suspicious of a certain person on this forum being a sell out?

Welcome to Wayalife. Thanks for the thread bump from 2017. Who asked you anyways? If you actually hung around and kept up on CURRENT things (like WHY the axles are being run on the Gladiator), your suspicions would be all cleared up. :thumb:

longarmwj

Welcome. I see you joined 24 minutes ago just to post this. If you’d like, you can fuck off in whichever general direction you so choose fit

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Soflo_jk

Had an old account just couldn't find the login. Hes stated he did it to review them or try something new. Yet in old posts he bashed them so hard it wouldnt make sense for him to trust them to even drive down the road. And in the video all of a sudden he talks about how beefy and strong they are. Not to mention magically a massive dana sticker on the gladiator

WJCO

Meme King
Hes stated he did it to review them or try something new. Yet in old posts he bashed them so hard it wouldnt make sense for him to trust them to even drive down the road. And in the video all of a sudden he talks about how beefy and strong they are. Not to mention magically a massive dana sticker on the gladiator

I found a recent post from Eddie. Here ya go, little fella.

You are welcome :thumb:

Yeah, me too. I won't lie, it took me a bit to warm up to the idea of UD60's given the breaks I had seen with them when they first came out. That and the fact that I've always been so happy with my Dynatrac axles. But, after talking to Mel at EVO and learning more about the improvements that Dana has made, I thought it might be worth testing out. And, so far, I'm pretty impressed with what I've been seeing - not just on my Jeep but on ALL the Jeeps that attended the JL/JT Experience. With that many rigs torture testing these axles and out on the same obstacles, the odds of a break occurring was pretty high. In fact, if a break did occur, it wouldn't have surprised me in the least and you know I would have posted up about it. But, all came through and without any issues. It really was a testament to how well they made.

Soflo_jk

If that's the case I'd love to see him start giving more honest not sponsored reviews. I bet I wouldnt be the only one who would love to see him give some rock krawler stuff a try. (Nothing against evo i just think more honest parts reviews and comparisons direct from eddie not from the sheeple would be cool)

Top Bottom