Sorry, it doesn't work like that : WAYALIFE Store Return Policy

jdofmemi

So, as copied direct from Mr Gemmas email,
Your return policy states that "a refund for the purchase price of your item(s) will be made minus any shipping fees."

I guess reading comprehension is not his strong suit.

Buy something, change your mind, then expect someone else to pay because you changed your mind. 🤯

JAGS

Hooked
Do we at least get a chocolate bar with every purchase. That would really make people overlook your shitty customer service. Lol. [emoji23][emoji23]

trailraider

I don't know who ever started the "customer is always right" mentality, it makes my head hurt. I understand customer service, but you have to draw the line somewhere. And now this whole "i'm an influencer" bullshit. :icon_crazy:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Dear Napa,

I returned the brake pads, and you refunded the purchase price. I’m upset that I drove 15 miles to you, and you didn’t reimburse me for a gallon of gas.

Sincerely,

Average Unreasonable Asshole

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

rmccown

"The customer is always right" is the biggest lie in the service industry, and it is used regularly used to berate and abuse wait staff, retailers, and other service-related jobs. Screw that.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Dear Napa,

I returned the brake pads, and you refunded the purchase price. I’m upset that I drove 15 miles to you, and you didn’t reimburse me for a gallon of gas.

Sincerely,

Average Unreasonable Asshole

That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

Just catching up to this but damn... this right here is why I have no faith left in people. Apparently reading comprehension isn’t taught in school anymore. I dunno

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If I make a mistake or a product I ship out is defective, I cover all costs to replace it or provide a full refund. This situation is different in that the customer bought a product and then decided to return it. That's his choice and I'll take it back but I just think it's a stretch to suggest that I should have to pay him money for something I never made. I might as well just go around giving people money for nothing.

trailraider

If I make a mistake or a product I ship out is defective, I cover all costs to replace it or provide a full refund. This situation is different in that the customer bought a product and then decided to return it. That's his choice and I'll take it back but I just think it's a stretch to suggest that I should have to pay him money for something I never made. I might as well just go around giving people money for nothing.

good thing you didn't charge a handling fee, can only imagine that email. :rolleyes2:

JCPII

I'm actually surprised Extreme Terrain refunded the shipping costs to him. That is not typical even with the large companies. Note this policy from a company much larger than ET:
If you are returning merchandise within 30 days from the date of receipt, and the item has not been installed, modified and is complete, you may return all or part of the order to receive a full refund for the original purchase price of the product. Original shipping, return shipping and handling costs are non-refundable. If you are returning merchandise after 31 days, a 15-30% restock fee will apply and store credit will be issued for the balance.

In lieu of a recent email exchange that I had in regards to our WAYALIFE store and our return policy, I thought it might be a good idea to share what had happened and with the hopes of alleviating future concerns and or confusion.

A couple of weeks back, a guy named Lee Gemma placed an order for an ACM bracket but then decided that he wanted to return it. No big deal. I get the package and sent him a refund just like I said I would, minus the cost of shipping. Fast forward to today and Mr. Gemma is upset that I didn't refund him the cost of shipping. He said that he paid to have the ACM shipped back to me and that I should have to pay him for what he paid USPS to ship it out in the first place. I tried to explaining that's not how it works and we do clearly state as much in our Return Policy but he was still angry anyway.

Below is copy of our conversation...

With all that said, I just wanted to clarify that Cindy and I are NOT some kind of big online retailer like Extreme Terrain. In fact, most of what we sell, I personally make, package and ship from my kitchen table. While I wish we were huge and making tons of money, nothing could be further from the truth. We sell what we do as a way to help others and to help cover some of our costs and that's about it. Needless to say, we cannot afford to offer things like free shipping and or free returns and hope that unlike Mr. Gemma, you can be understanding of this. Of course, if our return policy seems unreasonable to you, we would encourage you to buy from another vendor.

EDIT: I should note that if a return is necessary due to a mistake that I made, a FULL refund plus the cost to ship it back would be provided.

Thank you,
Eddie
So yeah....I own a business....I feel your pain. As long as your sure everything is spelled out clearly in whatever agreement or contract is provided online.....rest easy. The guy could have just had a bad day and took it out on you. Loosing a customer really sucks....I know for sure......there's always a bright side though. Something was brought to light or you possibly made a change due to this occurrence. Either way.....fuck it....haha. Stick to the contract that's why you made it and dont feel bad. Really it's not your fault he possibly didn't read it anyway.

JK4Me

Agree. I bought a motorcycle helmet off eBay. When I got it, I found that the chin strap had been cut off... making the helmet no longer approved - no way to keep it on your head!

Now at that time they paid for me to ship it back, but that was defective.

This guy just plain changed his mind - you gotta take a little responsibility for your decisions.

If people want that, they need to expect to pay an additional premium on the price. Otherwise you won’t be able to stay in business.

What a jerk...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom