My life with a Brick

JKbrick

I need to call them back but I received a voice mail today from the place testing my TIPM, sounds like they said it is fine, which is not real good news for the Brick

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

For being an 09 it still had the original battery in it and I couldn’t have asked for a more trouble free Jeep. Well I won that Oddessy battery on IG so I put it in. Then one day randomly my wipers came on and wouldn’t shut off, dash was dead, no turn signals, not sure about the lockers didn’t try them, headlights on all the time too

Last edited:

Jsouder53

Hooked
For being an 09 it still had the original battery in it and I couldn’t have asked for a more trouble free Jeep. Well I won that Oddessy battery on IG so I put it in. Then one day randomly my wipers came on and wouldn’t shut off, dash was dead, no turn signals, not sure about the lockers didn’t try them

That battery lasted quite a while! I can’t believe you’re still having issues with brick

jeeeep

Hooked
For being an 09 it still had the original battery in it and I couldn’t have asked for a more trouble free Jeep. Well I won that Oddessy battery on IG so I put it in. Then one day randomly my wipers came on and wouldn’t shut off, dash was dead, no turn signals, not sure about the lockers didn’t try them, headlights on all the time too

my 2010 had a similar issue with the wipers, did your cruise control still work?

i replaced the clock spring - luckily the recall was in place but didn't fix the wipers.

On my JK, my cruise control started being sketchy, it would work no issues for awhile then wouldn't work.

Then the wipers would come on and off every time I started the Jeep and shut it down.

Then the wipers just stayed on at random so i replaced the wiper switch (approx $100) but they were still sketchy and by them the cruise stopped working.

Replaced the cruise control switch - about a $40 part and haven't had any issues since.

you might pull the steering center off and disconnecting the cruise control switch and see if it cures the wipers.

I don't like combo switches :doh:

JKbrick

my 2010 had a similar issue with the wipers, did your cruise control still work?

i replaced the clock spring - luckily the recall was in place but didn't fix the wipers.

On my JK, my cruise control started being sketchy, it would work no issues for awhile then wouldn't work.

Then the wipers would come on and off every time I started the Jeep and shut it down.

Then the wipers just stayed on at random so i replaced the wiper switch (approx $100) but they were still sketchy and by them the cruise stopped working.

Replaced the cruise control switch - about a $40 part and haven't had any issues since.

you might pull the steering center off and disconnecting the cruise control switch and see if it cures the wipers.

I don't like combo switches :doh:

I did have the clock spring recall done too, I never tried the cruise, now I can’t until I get the TIPM back

wjtstudios

Hooked
I agree with Adam, 5:13s minimum or just do 5:38s. The only reason to do 4:88s is long highway drives and that’s something I don’t se to much of I. Your future.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

JKbrick

It’s small yeah. Honestly if I was in your shoes and trailered and wheeled at parks mostly, I would do 5.38’s. You’re never really too far from help or the parking lot.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

I agree with Adam, 5:13s minimum or just do 5:38s. The only reason to do 4:88s is long highway drives and that’s something I don’t se to much of I. Your future.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Thanks for the advice, 5:13s then [emoji106]

Top Bottom