All My Texas Neighbors

Down_Time

I was just up at HF last weekend. They had the zombie run going on, and there were a ton of Jeeps. Im kind of new myself, and decided to tackle bronco buster with a buddy of mine (2 of us, 1 jeep). Not far in, and feeling like I just messed up, a couple of guys out of San Antonio showed up and let us tie in with them. Jeepers are awesome, and even though that trail left its mark on my hard top, it was an awesome day.

Exodus 4x4

I was just up at HF last weekend. They had the zombie run going on, and there were a ton of Jeeps. Im kind of new myself, and decided to tackle bronco buster with a buddy of mine (2 of us, 1 jeep). Not far in, and feeling like I just messed up, a couple of guys out of San Antonio showed up and let us tie in with them. Jeepers are awesome, and even though that trail left its mark on my hard top, it was an awesome day.

You’ll learn that’s not the best pace to go. It’ll get boring and it’s constantly overcrowded. At least you’re taking it out and wheeling it though. Don’t worry about the hardtop either. You’ll most likely ditch it and go with a soft top anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

AgBass01

Caught the Bug
I got talked into bronco buster with a buddy s couple weeks ago and luckily made it out unscathed. There were a few times I thought my top was gonna hit but I just took it super slow and made it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Down_Time

Yeah, the spot that got me was that rock with the tire sized groove cut in it. I wasn't in the groove I guess and it leaned me too far over.

My next big wheeling trip is December. I am heading to the Hot Springs ORV to knock out 3 more BOH trails.

I do want to get a soft top, but I am not worried about a battle scar I earned on the trail. Plus meeting the other cool Jeepers out of San Antonio was a good time.

Down_Time

You’ll learn that’s not the best pace to go. It’ll get boring and it’s constantly overcrowded. At least you’re taking it out and wheeling it though. Don’t worry about the hardtop either. You’ll most likely ditch it and go with a soft top anyways.

Great advice. BTW, this the same Exodus that launched the jeep off the dune in the last JKX?

Angry Aussie

Don't know that I'll make it out there before AJP annual polar bear run in January.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Couldn’t pay me to go out there for the Polar Bear Run, it’s so crowded and miserable out there during the PBR. I’d rather go on not so busy weekends and not spend my whole day in park on the trails.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Angry Aussie

I wish Hidden Falls was closer to us here in NETX. It’s about a 4-5 hour drive so I’d have to make it a multi day trip!

That being said, I’ve never been and really am wanting to go!

No worries man totally understandable. It’s only an hour drive for me, that’s why it’s really the only place I wheel unless I go somewhere on vacation.

AgBass01

Caught the Bug
Couldn’t pay me to go out there for the Polar Bear Run, it’s so crowded and miserable out there during the PBR. I’d rather go on not so busy weekends and not spend my whole day in park on the trails.

I'm part of AJP and am going to be volunteering to guide on the newbie run. Last year was my first PBR and it was crazy but I camped Friday night and had a blast.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
No worries man totally understandable. It’s only an hour drive for me, that’s why it’s really the only place I wheel unless I go somewhere on vacation.

I’m heading out to AZ for the holidays. I’d be down for some January wheeling.

Top Bottom