What problems does your Jeep have this week?

I've tried a lot of aluminum specific cleaners and they don't seem to do much after spending several hours on a wheel.

might need to give this and grime reaper a try.

This is the worst wheel but they all look pretty similar:

View attachment 336378

Love this stuff, even on aluminum, comes in a blue bottle now. Smells horrible dont breathe it but it works miracles. Do one wheel at a time.
IMG_4787.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Ddays

Hooked
Just dont use to much acid it will etch the wheels. I usually cut it with water 50/50 before i put it on the wheels. The finer the mist you can spray the better.

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Those are toast as far as getting them back to the brand new machined finish that looks so badass. I have two like that sitting on my shelf that came off the rear of my Jeep. The only way to get them back to new condition is to have them re-machined so that the surface is cut down to virgin surface. I gave up on that & resigned myself that they're gonna need powder coated a color or just live with them.

I look at these pics and want to cry. Next set is getting clear powdercoated as soon as they come out of the box. Unfortunately it wont be the Chamber Pros as they are discontinued. I've tried everywhere and Bubba also looked but they're gone for good.

wh3.jpg

fiend

Caught the Bug
Those are toast as far as getting them back to the brand new machined finish that looks so badass. I have two like that sitting on my shelf that came off the rear of my Jeep. The only way to get them back to new condition is to have them re-machined so that the surface is cut down to virgin surface. I gave up on that & resigned myself that they're gonna need powder coated a color or just live with them.

I look at these pics and want to cry. Next set is getting clear powdercoated as soon as they come out of the box. Unfortunately it wont be the Chamber Pros as they are discontinued. I've tried everywhere and Bubba also looked but they're gone for good.

View attachment 336390

My power coat guy told me the clear will turn yellow over time. I don’t know if that’s true. I went with black. .

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked

View attachment 336390

yeah, I also have photos when I 1st mounted them up and pissed at myself for letting them get this bad.

I've pretty much come to the conclusion I'll need to powdercoat :doh:

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug

View attachment 336390
Those things sure were pretty when they were new!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Angry Aussie

There is a squeak that is driving me up a damn wall. The rear brakes/rotars were replaced. No more grinding. The front were fine. I can't for the life of me figure out what that squeak is. I was able to have a friend put the Jeep on a dyno but no sounds so that cancels out the rear tires. It must be the front but I don't know if it's the suspension OR if it's rotational.

Is it a constant squeak? Could be a bent axle shaft.

naysjp

Caught the Bug
Is it a constant squeak? Could be a bent axle shaft.

Sometimes I hear it consistently when driving, then when I hit the brakes to stop, it goes away. Sometimes I drive for 5 min and don't hear it, then it stars. the Jeep has only been offroad times since getting it in 2014. All easy day runs, nothing hard. Last time it was offload was 2017 on Jasper Trail and nothing but freeway and street driving since. The noise started 2 wks ago. I took it back where the rear brakes were done and was told it was the front brake pads but the fronts are not ready to be changed. Two weeks ago, they checked all the brakes and said only the rear needed new pads and rotars. I have a hard time believing it's a bent axle flange because the Jeep has barely been offload. Maybe it is a bent flange like everyone is saying. Back tot he drawing board.

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
^^ What BC said. Unfortunately, I have very much experience with bending shafts and yours sounds like a classic case. See diagram below. Where the red arrow is pointing is the general area that bends and the axle wobbles. Sometimes it's not even noticable and sometimes it will look like an old wagon wheel if you bend it bad enough. I've done both. :grayno:

FlangeAxleLg.jpg

Top Bottom