Grown men bickering like little girls. This is my last post on your forum.

ctznarcane

Personally, I've never had a problem with Tereaflex stuff, including their axles (I have their CRD 60 SF rear..zero issues after several wheeling trips over the past 2.5 years and 17k miles).

I've seen that they do source some of their finished components out of Taiwan for US assembly (spindles, etc) but their bearings are all Spicer.

If you were to pull up a satellite map of any company you might think makes American made products, it's a safe bet you're going to see ocean containers on their premises..and I don't mean the extra long stack-train ones either.

Just the way the world is.

Last edited:
Personally, I've never had a problem with Tereaflex stuff, including their axles (I have their CRD 60 SF rear..zero issues after several wheeling trips over the past 2.5 years and 17k miles).

I've seen that they do source some of their finished components out of Taiwan for US assembly (spindles, etc) but their bearings are all Spicer.

If you were to pull up a satellite map of any company you might think makes American made products, it's a safe bet you're going to see ocean containers on their premises..and I don't mean the extra long stack-train ones either.

Nope!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

The Made in USA mark is a country of origin label indicating the product is "all or virtually all" made in the United States. The label is regulated by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).

http://www.themadeinamericamovement...nce-between-made-in-usa-and-assembled-in-usa/

IMG_1086.JPG

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Dennis Wood & the guys from Teraflex are in SA

That’s good to know. Thanks for sharing facts Clay!

In other words, “USA Brand,” or, “Assembled in USA,” doesn’t mean shit, and a lot of companies use that to fool people.

IMG_1087.JPG
You can’t put that on just anything.

Last edited:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

That’s stupid this sounds? Do you know how many companies use those containers for storage?

Every American space ship company in Mojave, CA has shipping containers on site for storage or garage space. I will guarantee it’s not because they are getting Chinese rocket parts. I know of more than one Aftermarket Jeep company that use them for the same. 🙄.

PS, Teraflex is shit.

Ddays

Hooked
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...................Just the way the world is.

^ Translation: I accept the fact that these companies are selling me cheap Chinese junk, cause, what the heck, nothing I can do about it. :idontknow:
It's not like I want to take the time to search out made in USA parts to buy. Who has time for that?

ctznarcane

Wow...LOL...ok.

Search on Amazon for Made in USA stickers. It's not like they're only issued via special certifications...like say...ISO.

You can disagree with me and "nope" yourselves into a U-S-A...U-S-A chant followed by a hand-on-heart rendition of God Bless the USA with four-part harmony all you want because of my last post. I work in OEM automotive sourcing as a component BUYER for "US-made" goods and I'm telling you the whole Made in USA thing is not as cut and dry as you might think.

Take any US-assembled vehicle with driveline components coming out of Mexico. Then go to the WTO online system and look up the flow of sub-components flowing into Mexico by country. North Korea is Mexico's biggest source for bearings. The vehicle you chose likely has bearings from North Korea even though the driveline is from Mexico. Sickening, right?

Some aftermarkets are legit when they claim to be American made, some are just exploiting it. Just do your homework is all I'm saying.

I'm not saying TF is the best out there over anyone else either. I have nothing against Dynatrac or Currie. I'm just stating facts based on my experience that my TF CRD 60 rear axle showed up from Utah in a well-built pine and chip-plywood box and not one made from bamboo wood. The axle had all its tabs and brackets fully welded with consistant machining and coating and so far it has all worked out. The documentation was free from grammar errors, was printed on regular stock paper as good as what is in my copier (as opposed to that shitty rice paper like what comes with Harbor Freight tools).

BTW: Your JK and JL wiring is made in Mexico (Yazaki affiliates) and your ARB locker from your pure American made aftermarket axle that's bolted beneath it is actually made in Melbourne, Australia.

ctznarcane

^ Translation: I accept the fact that these companies are selling me cheap Chinese junk, cause, what the heck, nothing I can do about it. :idontknow:
It's not like I want to take the time to search out made in USA parts to buy. Who has time for that?

Those who chose to be misinformed because facts are inconvenient.

ctznarcane

That’s stupid this sounds? Do you know how many companies use those containers for storage?

Every American space ship company in Mojave, CA has shipping containers on site for storage or garage space. I will guarantee it’s not because they are getting Chinese rocket parts. I know of more than one Aftermarket Jeep company that use them for the same. 🙄.

Right...if the containers are either grounded (not on wheels) or they own the wheels they are sitting on.

Otherwise they are cycling out their 20', 40', and/or 40'HC "storage" containers and chassis every few days to avoid paying detention charges to the drayage outfit and/or the port.

And that would be stupid.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Wow...LOL...ok.

Search on Amazon for Made in USA stickers. It's not like they're only issued via special certifications...like say...ISO.

You can disagree with me and "nope" yourselves into a U-S-A...U-S-A chant followed by a hand-on-heart rendition of God Bless the USA with four-part harmony all you want because of my last post. I work in OEM automotive sourcing as a component BUYER for "US-made" goods and I'm telling you the whole Made in USA thing is not as cut and dry as you might think.

Take any US-assembled vehicle with driveline components coming out of Mexico. Then go to the WTO online system and look up the flow of sub-components flowing into Mexico by country. North Korea is Mexico's biggest source for bearings. The vehicle you chose likely has bearings from North Korea even though the driveline is from Mexico. Sickening, right?

Some aftermarkets are legit when they claim to be American made, some are just exploiting it. Just do your homework is all I'm saying.

I'm not saying TF is the best out there over anyone else either. I have nothing against Dynatrac or Currie. I'm just stating facts based on my experience that my TF CRD 60 rear axle showed up from Utah in a well-built pine and chip-plywood box and not one made from bamboo wood. The axle had all its tabs and brackets fully welded with consistant machining and coating and so far it has all worked out. The documentation was free from grammar errors, was printed on regular stock paper as good as what is in my copier (as opposed to that shitty rice paper like what comes with Harbor Freight tools).

BTW: Your JK and JL wiring is made in Mexico (Yazaki affiliates) and your ARB locker from your pure American made aftermarket axle that's bolted beneath it is actually made in Melbourne, Australia.

The North Korea thing is interesting. I wonder if that’s true. What support do you have for that?

ctznarcane

The North Korea thing is interesting. I wonder if that’s true. What support do you have for that?

Apparently none now. :doh:
The info I was recalling was from 8 years ago when I did a grad report on embargoes. I didn't think bearings would change that much but .. wow, now only 1%
I also realized I misspoke; Mexico was DPRK's largest western importer of bearings - NOT DPRK being Mexico's largest source.

Current view of DPRK and Mexican trade (still worth looking at): https://www.trademap.org/Bilateral.aspx?nvpm=1|408||484||8482|||4|1|2|2|1|1|1|1|1
Fun to mess with if you want to look up other countries.

But none of this means that Terflex's axles suck as bad as everyone thinks. I will say that my negatives towards them include their selectable hubs and brake calipers/brackets/rotors being proprietary (shoes are just Dodge 1 tons). This makes getting parts a bit of a PITA. If TF has a falling out with a supplier, your Jeep doesn't roll. You are also held captive to their pricing on those parts.

Their lack of a 5.13 R&P option (damn super 60s) is also a downer. Everything else is pretty common (Spicer bearings throughout).
My guess is the outer assemblies are proprietary because of their attempt to fine tune the steering geometry required engineering everything lateral of the inner C.

At least with Dynatrac, the calipers appear to be OEMs from ZF/TRW so parts are pretty common.

Anyways..Dennis is in South Africa...I hope he brought water.

Last edited:
Top Bottom