2017 WAYALIFE MOAB Easter Jeep Safari RECAP

ababinili

Looks like an amazing time. I cant wait to get back out there in September, I just wish my pictures came out half as good as some of these.

StrizzyChris

I'm starting to think that I wouldn't be THAT BAD of a person for putting my kids up for adoption and heading back out west :rolleyes2:

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

RSQCON

Having not been to Moab or Easter Jeep Safari, I'm curious what is the etiquette on "Jeep wave" during EJS?

I imagine a long and constant wave
Actually quite the opposite. Not that anyone was particularly unfriendly but the old school Jeep guys don't care much for the 4 doors, then there is the buggy crowd who think they are hard core and finally there are the Rzr guys who are like flies all over your food. Our experience is not a lot of Waves were handed out with the exception of the parade on big Saturday.

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
I can't say that I have heard of those trails, you have me interested now :yup:

I think they'll both pull up if you search them on google. Buddy has a couple pictures on pirate 4x4z They did a jamboree there a couple years ago.

IMG_1979.jpg IMG_1985.jpg
IMG_1987.jpg

A couple photos from our run. Only made it 20% if they way. Got a late start and pretty impossible to re-bead a military Goodyear mt. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thunder

I've been looking forward to this post and was finally able to go through it today.
Enjoyed the report and pictures very much, thank you for sharing :)

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I
It's crazy strict out in Moab and to the point where they're militant about it. Their film commission is very serious about making sure companies who shoot or film for the purposes of marketing, pay up. They've literally blocked a trail that Cindy and I were going to run with friends, interrogated us, warned us about needing a permit even though we had half as many rigs as would be required to have one and threatened to "look into" us. Of course, we don't make anything, we don't sell anything, we don't charge our friends to join us on our runs and we don't get paid to do what we do. Needless to say, they've never given us grief beyond the harassment at the trail head but it really sucks to be harassed at all even though we've done nothing wrong. Sure left a bad taste in our mouth and makes us reluctant to ever do runs with friends out there again. Granted, there are plenty of companies that do skirt the system and get away with it.
Man I remember that. It was when we were at the trail head for cliffhanger. That was some horse shit

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

I think they'll both pull up if you search them on google. Buddy has a couple pictures on pirate 4x4z They did a jamboree there a couple years ago.

A couple photos from our run. Only made it 20% if they way. Got a late start and pretty impossible to re-bead a military Goodyear mt. Lol

What is the purpose of this post? Has absolutely nothing to do with this thread.

Last edited:

JAGS

Hooked

It was way cool to meet you at ORE :thumb:

Indeed, it was great to catch up with you on the EVO run. :cool:

Yeah, I'd have to say, of all the concept rigs shown at the Jeep display, the 75th Anniversary was my favorite. It was sad that it was parked outside the roped off area too.

LOL!! We saw you out there as well. Or, at least I'm pretty sure we did. I know there are other rigs out there with Rancho decals on the side :crazyeyes:

It's crazy strict out in Moab and to the point where they're militant about it. Their film commission is very serious about making sure companies who shoot or film for the purposes of marketing, pay up. They've literally blocked a trail that Cindy and I were going to run with friends, interrogated us, warned us about needing a permit even though we had half as many rigs as would be required to have one and threatened to "look into" us. Of course, we don't make anything, we don't sell anything, we don't charge our friends to join us on our runs and we don't get paid to do what we do. Needless to say, they've never given us grief beyond the harassment at the trail head but it really sucks to be harassed at all even though we've done nothing wrong. Sure left a bad taste in our mouth and makes us reluctant to ever do runs with friends out there again. Granted, there are plenty of companies that do skirt the system and get away with it.

Those two "volunteers" totally scouted us out. That was crazy how they followed us back and also likely that the other couple at the trailhead alerted them. Some crazy kind of rock protection cult or some shit. Lol.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Okay, this is out by Carlin if I recall. I just didn't know it by name.

Man I remember that. It was when we were at the trail head for cliffhanger. That was some horse shit

Those two "volunteers" totally scouted us out. That was crazy how they followed us back and also likely that the other couple at the trailhead alerted them. Some crazy kind of rock protection cult or some shit. Lol.

It's weird because anywhere else I've been, the BLM has always been real nice but out in Moab, they act like they own the land instead of being stewards of it and that somehow, we are trespassers instead of taxpayers that employ them.

Top Bottom