Random (non-Jeep) Shit You’re Working On....

RCVRY

What kinda truck we talking about?

Also how far to the nearest ACE and auto parts? Is there a mig handy?

Yes I’ve been giving this serious thought. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

nbunga

Caught the Bug
What kinda truck we talking about?

Also how far to the nearest ACE and auto parts? Is there a mig handy?

Yes I’ve been giving this serious thought. [emoji4]

2003 F-150

Napa and a hardware store are about 12 minutes away.

Mig, Stick welder and torch ready to rock!

pop2tu

We’ll see how that holds till this winter when I have more time to actually replace the manifold.

With almost 250k miles,I’ve been throwing around the idea of rebuilding the engine anyway so may just end up doing that’s.

By the looks of this, there won’t be an exhaust manifold to remove. You will be able to just install the new one! [emoji23]

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Hit the block with a dead blow a few times. I have a feeling a bunch of parts may fall off and then you will know what needs to be replaced. [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

RCVRY

Just flux core, .035 I think. I don’t know why I haven’t ever gotten it set up for gas.

Nothing wrong with flux core. It can work to get the broken studs out of the block. You’ll need flange nuts to weld on. Otherwise when we break those a left-hand drill bit may bite. Either way soaked in pb everyday for a week improves our odds.

black pearl

Hooked
Is that the float bowl? What's up with all the corrosion?

It is. It sat empty all winter,(or so I thought) then I found out when I first tried to run it. There was water in the tank. I think some had made its way into the carb also then evaporated. I also dumped out about a sugar spoon of fine sand /dirt.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Did a refresh on the old tired playset for the kids this past weekend:
playsetRightBefore.jpg
As you can probably see from the angle the swings hang, it was on a bit of an incline. So of course I had to fix that too.
playsetFrontBefore.jpg
playsetLeftBefore.jpg
Added roof and larger sand pit:
playsetFrontInProgress.jpg
After about 30 hours of digging, leveling, rebuilding, reinforcing, stripping and staining:
playsetFrontFinal.jpg
playsetRearFinal.jpg

RCVRY

Not sure if this should go here but yeah:
Strained my back this morning. Kinda fucked up how it happened. Doing some landscaping decided to plant this 3” tree by hand. Moving the rootball into the 4’x4’ hole I’d just dug and felt something give between the shoulders. Painful as fuck.

I’m lying 🤥. All I did was reach over to give the toilet that extra flush after the morning business. That’s a fucked up way to mess up my back the day before I go on vacation. [emoji22]

Last edited:
Top Bottom