The Build and Adventures of Bearbait

Jsouder53

Hooked
Brrrrrrr!

Looks like fun, for the first few minutes.
I will be thinking of you while here in SoCal in shirt sleeves

Hahahaha I would say winter is my favorite season! I love the snow and the cold! I lived in Colorado for a few ski seasons and worked on the mountain, moved back to Florida for a few years and missed it the whole time!

Jsouder53

Hooked
Well the light and fluffier stuff isn’t sticking as bad as when it was wet the other day and it was coming down pretty good too! The lights were still shining through bright! Image1541641960.888323.jpg
It will be a little while till we can swing for the heated trucklites anyways... but as soon as we do, these KCs will be up for sale on here

Last edited:

Jsouder53

Hooked
That’s cool.

Definitely a dream come true for us

Enjoy that stuff, I’m sitting by the pool on Hilton Head Island South Carolina for the next 4 days

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I will! You enjoy the pool side life [emoji106] I used to live in Florida and the beach life got old

Looks cold! I’m not excited for that!

It was a bit cold today! Kinda wished I was working inside a heated house instead of just the shell of a house lol our table saw was crusted over with ice and had to use a heat gun to thaw it out [emoji23]

Jsouder53

Hooked
Just drove 9 hours to Boise to pick up our new puppy! It started off slick and snowy at 3am... Image1542488892.530527.jpg im so glad we have our KC headlights!

Idaho is a beautiful state! Image1542488848.863888.jpg

Also we just rolled over 50,000 miles Image1542488942.165525.jpg

Pictures of the puppy to come!

jdofmemi

What a beautiful new family member!

I know I give you grief about the cold, but I love driving roads like that.

When I go on a trip and people wish for me to have good roads, I reply "I hope not, I want snow and ice"

That said, I still don't want to have to work in it.

Jsouder53

Hooked
That's a good looking doggie...

Thank you! This is husky number 2, had to get our husky a playmate.

What a beautiful new family member!

I know I give you grief about the cold, but I love driving roads like that.

When I go on a trip and people wish for me to have good roads, I reply "I hope not, I want snow and ice"

That said, I still don't want to have to work in it.

Thank you! And it definitely makes driving interesting lol as soon as we entered back into Montana the roads instantly got to that condition lol I just throw it in 4 wheel drive when I start feeling the Jeep slip and slide

Jsouder53

Hooked
Earlier today I heard something like a pebble getting thrown up under the Jeep, then later on I went to brake and it sounded and felt a little funny like a rock was wedged near the caliper or something... I figured it would go away, but it didn’t... I pulled off to check what was going on, turns out I must not have tightened a caliper bolt from when I fixed my inner axle seals and now it’s completely gone [emoji51] Image1542524188.710019.jpg apparently the caliper was rotating and grinding on the inside of my wheel when I was braking...

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Earlier today I heard something like a pebble getting thrown up under the Jeep, then later on I went to brake and it sounded and felt a little funny like a rock was wedged near the caliper or something... I figured it would go away, but it didn’t... I pulled off to check what was going on, turns out I must not have tightened a caliper bolt from when I fixed my inner axle seals and now it’s completely gone [emoji51] View attachment 314652 apparently the caliper was rotating and grinding on the inside of my wheel when I was braking...

Oof! Just a suggestion, I take a paint marker and mark the bolts as I torque them on projects like that. Then I give a good visual check to make sure everything is marked before mounting tires or buttoning up. Forgetfulness will only get worse as you get older my friend [emoji6].

Looks like the damage is minimal though.

jdofmemi

Earlier today I heard something like a pebble getting thrown up under the Jeep, then later on I went to brake and it sounded and felt a little funny like a rock was wedged near the caliper or something... I figured it would go away, but it didn’t... I pulled off to check what was going on, turns out I must not have tightened a caliper bolt from when I fixed my inner axle seals and now it’s completely gone [emoji51] View attachment 314652 apparently the caliper was rotating and grinding on the inside of my wheel when I was braking...

If you absolutely have to drive it before you get the bolt replaced, I would suggest that you swap the upper bolt to the missing location.

That way the rotation of the rotor will keep the caliper seated, instead of pushing it out against the wheel.

Best bet is don't drive it, and get 2 new bolts.

Top Bottom