WAYALIFE New Year's Kick Off Run 2019 - SIGN UP

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
She will be excited! ThanksšŸ˜€

I'm thinking we will bring both, but leave the JL parked for Friday and run both Saturday.

I can't wait šŸ˜

Awesome! So there's no confusion, there will still be rocks on Saturday. The biggest stuff can be bypassed but there are a few obstacles that will need to be taken on. :cool:

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
Confirmed, verified and ready to roll..
Oil changed, inspection done, tools packed, and everything looks good.
We'll be there Thursday and ready to roll Friday morning

Last edited:

jesse3638

Hooked
Think I got the CB figured out finally. Just tried grounding it to the bracket vs. directly where the antenna mount and I got an SWR of 1.1 on Ch1 and 1.4 on Ch40. I'm going to button it all up and see what happens then see if I need a tune

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

jesse3638

Hooked
My buddy gave me a bunch of cb stuff about a year ago so I pieced together about 9' of rg58 with the standard connector to try and eliminate the fire ring. Hooked it all up and the needle barely moved. OK need new cable I thought, but just to double check the fire ring I hooked it back up and it went to the readings I have now. Wish I had just hooked up my ground strap this way the first time...haha.

1546211905377.jpg

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Itā€™s alive, I need to button some things up for the test drive. Sounds good though

Attachments

• E476D120-4CC0-46C4-AC3B-BBD9F47DF12E.jpg
    E476D120-4CC0-46C4-AC3B-BBD9F47DF12E.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 90

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Congrats on getting it knocked out! Did you swap out any parts before you swapped the whole engine? I wouldā€™ve been paranoid about the rocker arms and probably change them all out before swapping them in.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I just had a new long block, so I pulled all the accessories off the block first, pulled the motor and swapped the harness while it was out. New transmission and motor went back in one piece.

Itā€™s an 18 motor with less than 10 miles on it. Hopefully Jeep did some internal updates.

Top Bottom