VIDEO : KANE CREEK - Moab Easter Jeep Safari Fun Run with EVO

Outrun

Awesome video!

Are 2 doors not a thing anymore? I don't think I have seen anyone wheeling the JL 2 door:hmm:

GTJeeper

Another great video Eddie! Looks like an awesome trail, it was hard to watch that rear quarter panel get ruined.

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Another fun day on the trail with good friends.

Do you think the bomber rockers will take a good hit like the EVO JK rockers?

Bustedback

I got stuck in a traffic jam at Hamburger Hill for over an hour because some dingus in a brand new JL didn’t want to scratch his undercarriage, so a lot of rock stacking and winching took place. It’s one of my favorite trails in Moab though.

Typed by my very own fat fingers on my iPad or iPhone.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You guys always post the best videos. Great job of editing. There were a few Oh My moments that you captured perfect. A couple of Jeeps almost got in trouble on Hamburger hill.

Kane Creek looks like it has gotten more fun, or not depending on what you are riding in. The first time I did it was in 2005 on a quad. Love all the water crossings but if it's dry the dust can be a killer.

Thanks for taking us along for the ride.

It's been a while but yes, without a whole lot of water, Kane Creek can be a tunnel of dust. :icon_crazy:

Awesome video!

Are 2 doors not a thing anymore? I don't think I have seen anyone wheeling the JL 2 door:hmm:

Not like we exclude 2-doors from runs like this - it's just that not too many people own one anymore.

Another great video Eddie! Looks like an awesome trail, it was hard to watch that rear quarter panel get ruined.

It always cracks me up when I have guys swear by their tube fenders and give me crap about running trimmed factory ones on my JK. I try to explain how many times I've seen this kind of body damage occur and they all think I'm crazy. Just can't make this shit up.

Another fun day on the trail with good friends.

Do you think the bomber rockers will take a good hit like the EVO JK rockers?

Honestly, I hit these hard enough to make my teeth chatter. I for sure thought I would have done body damage from it but was surprised to see all was good. Not suggesting for a second that frame mounted rocker guards wouldn't do better - I just haven't seen these be a problem or at least, as of yet.

I got stuck in a traffic jam at Hamburger Hill for over an hour because some dingus in a brand new JL didn’t want to scratch his undercarriage, so a lot of rock stacking and winching took place. It’s one of my favorite trails in Moab though.

That's always a bummer but there's always that guy out there.

fiend

Caught the Bug
It always cracks me up when I have guys swear by their tube fenders and give me crap about running trimmed factory ones on my JK. I try to explain how many times I've seen this kind of body damage occur and they all think I'm crazy. Just can't make this shit up.

Metal tube genders look cool but like you, I’ve seen body damage they can cause.

I was making my way through Body Snatcher in Moab a few weeks ago. First time through, didn’t take a great line, and pinched my fender against the rock a couple of times. I was happy to have plastic fenders. They got scratched up a bit, but returned to shape and there was no damage to the sheet metal. a514abaa-762c-43e9-a552-fb4a79610167.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Metal tube genders look cool but like you, I’ve seen body damage they can cause.

I was making my way through Body Snatcher in Moab a few weeks ago. First time through, didn’t take a great line, and pinched my fender against the rock a couple of times. I was happy to have plastic fenders. They got scratched up a bit, but returned to shape and there was no damage to the sheet metal. View attachment 325664

Are those the MCE fenders? I've always liked them as a nice alternative to trimmed factory fenders. Nice to hear they do a good job of not jacking up the body of your Jeep. :thumb:

fiend

Caught the Bug
Are those the MCE fenders? I've always liked them as a nice alternative to trimmed factory fenders. Nice to hear they do a good job of not jacking up the body of your Jeep. :thumb:

Yes they are MCEs. They are great but rather expensive. I was fortunate to find some on CL for a song.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yes they are MCEs. They are great but rather expensive. I was fortunate to find some on CL for a song.

Yeah, not exactly the cheapest things. Biggest reason why I never went that route. Sounds like you found yourself a deal.

Slimebones

I was making my way through Body Snatcher in Moab a few weeks ago. First time through, didn’t take a great line, and pinched my fender against the rock a couple of times. I was happy to have plastic fenders. They got scratched up a bit, but returned to shape and there was no damage to the sheet metal. View attachment 325664

I witnessed that debacle happen, and indeed is impressive how the fender pops back into shape. I personally don't know though if the scrapes all over the fender is any more appealing than a rippled quarter panel. :twocents:

jdofmemi

I witnessed that debacle happen, and indeed is impressive how the fender pops back into shape. I personally don't know though if the scrapes all over the fender is any more appealing than a rippled quarter panel. :twocents:

The fancy MCE fenders Greer has show the scrapes a bit. The factory black ones, scrapes blend in and are hard to see.

I have torn mine off before I scraped them so hard. You can't even tell now. All it took was a few new plastic clips.

Slimebones

The fancy MCE fenders Greer has show the scrapes a bit. The factory black ones, scrapes blend in and are hard to see.

I have torn mine off before I scraped them so hard. You can't even tell now. All it took was a few new plastic clips.

Bonus.....

fiend

Caught the Bug

I have the “carbon fiber” ones. Not my first choice, but when you’re getting them on CL for less than half price, you can’t be picky.

SDG

Caught the Bug
Did that trail get harder the last year or two? Been prob 3 since I ran it but I remember maybe 2 obstacles worth looking at twice. Def looks way different than I remember.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Did that trail get harder the last year or two? Been prob 3 since I ran it but I remember maybe 2 obstacles worth looking at twice. Def looks way different than I remember.

I think all the trails are getting harder. A lot more guys out there with big tires and big horse power and not a whole lot of driving skill have been jacking things up.

jdofmemi

I think all the trails are getting harder. A lot more guys out there with big tires and big horse power and not a whole lot of driving skill have been jacking things up.

So you are saying that mounting a set of 40s, then pointing at the rocks and pinning the throttle is not the way to go?🤣🤣🤣

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Kane creek is a great trail. I've never run it with experienced jeepers so it was cool to see the line that goes up the right side (steeper) of hamburger hill. You guys do such great video work. Just love watching and hope to wheel with you guys some time.

SDG

Caught the Bug

Haha, sounds about right. Finess? Ain't nobody got time for that!

Top Bottom