Deep fried turkey

Bear_JT

Hooked
We've been doing them on Traeger for a few years now & won't bother with an oven bird again. They come out awesome - nice & tender. Never dry either.

This^^^ I love my bird Traeger cooked!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
We do a fried turkey almost every year. Always do a creole injection and Cajun rub, probably the exact one mentioned above lol
My personal favorite.

This year as I’m in an apt and can’t have a fryer I’m going to do the oven but with the same injection and rub. Hopefully I don’t ruin it, about 7 people are depending on it for dinner [emoji23]

Do you Inject even though it’s been pre treated with a brine or solution? Or do you just get raw turkey? We got one that’s pre treated so now I’m afraid to brine it or inject it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
My turkey is ready. No need to thaw. [emoji106]

View attachment 338254 .

Lol
Turkey is meh. Doing a small 3 bone prime rib on the big green egg.

First, you’re the only guy I know with a Wild Turkey Shrine (maybe only Hunter Thompson has one too)...secondly, I am also doing a 10 lb cut & tied rib roast along with kalua turkey & kalua pork in the imu (most likely my last one, unless I can figure out how to do one in Nevada...thinking subbing cabbage for the banana)...

Lmk if you need a hula girl bobble head for your shrine...I have extra...

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
First, you’re the only guy I know with a Wild Turkey Shrine (maybe only Hunter Thompson has one too)...secondly, I am also doing a 10 lb cut & tied rib roast along with kalua turkey & kalua pork in the imu (most likely my last one, unless I can figure out how to do one in Nevada...thinking subbing cabbage for the banana)...

Lmk if you need a hula girl bobble head for your shrine...I have extra...

That would require A LOT of cabbage. Can Ti leaf grow there?

Brute

Hooked
That would require A LOT of cabbage. Can Ti leaf grow there?

I've given the cabbage idea some thought before in WA...I've driven by a cabbage farm; they are huge before they trim them for market...so it actually wouldn't take as many as you think...and the inside parts of the cabbage might be good for kalua pig & cabbage la dat...and WA has volcanic rock...I think it's doable.

Pretty sure ti leaf won't do so well in the desert...

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Figured I’d post it up here, as I’m living in an apartment I couldn’t fry my turkey this year. Decided to prep it the same way with Creole injection and Cajun rub then stick her in in an oven bag with some vegetables and herbs. Not quite the same flavor as a fryer, but might have been the juiciest turkey I’ve ever had!
IMG_1823.jpg

gyoja75

Figured I’d post it up here, as I’m living in an apartment I couldn’t fry my turkey this year. Decided to prep it the same way with Creole injection and Cajun rub then stick her in in an oven bag with some vegetables and herbs. Not quite the same flavor as a fryer, but might have been the juiciest turkey I’ve ever had!
View attachment 338495

Looks delicious!

"Pro Deo et Patria"

chad s

We've been doing them on Traeger for a few years now & won't bother with an oven bird again. They come out awesome - nice & tender. Never dry either.

Only way I’ll do em now. We are able to 2 at once to have the oven open for all the other stuff that needs to be cooked

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom