Calling out Bruiser Conversions!

OJK12

That's ridiculous!! I hope you take these guys out, a place like that needs shut the hell down. Maybe you can band together with some of the other guys and remove them from business.

JeepJeep75

Dude, that totally sucks!! On a side note, would someone please quote something in this thread so I can see post #6 through #20?

RockyJk

I know, it sounds weird. The mobile app always skips posts unless someone quotes something. If I hit the "original post" button, I can see all of the posts that otherwise gets skipped over.

Refresh the page on the app and it'll show the posts [emoji106]

So...

1.) if I'm spending the equivalent of a new jeep on an engine swap I'm pretty sure I'm vetting the company doing the work very thoroughly. Not waiting until I have problems to figure out that the company has a terrible reputation.

2.) I would have been camping on their doorstep the second it was overdue the first time and I got yelled at on the phone for asking for an update.

3.) Given all the problems listed I'm positive I wouldn't have taken my jeep to EJS in that condition. No how, no way.

I'm interested in knowing why you thought that was a good idea.

Lastly, given the amount of money you had to spend on the swap, how do you not have enough for a lawyer?

So...

1.) if I'm spending the equivalent of a new jeep on an engine swap I'm pretty sure I'm vetting the company doing the work very thoroughly. Not waiting until I have problems to figure out that the company has a terrible reputation.

2.) I would have been camping on their doorstep the second it was overdue the first time and I got yelled at on the phone for asking for an update.

3.) Given all the problems listed I'm positive I wouldn't have taken my jeep to EJS in that condition. No how, no way.

I'm interested in knowing why you thought that was a good idea.

Lastly, given the amount of money you had to spend on the swap, how do you not have enough for a lawyer?

Before EJS, we had the coolant leaks fixed and she seemed to be running well, and she did until I tried taking it up the slightest hill once we got there and she started spewing coolant out and overheating.

boardsurfer

they don't have money to complete customer vehicles so they accept money from customers and put it towards another customers build or their own build, so many customer's projects take much longer than they should.

This sounds a lot like what Hennessey has done and they have been sued repeatedly for it.

Brute

Hooked
First...contact a competent attorney/law firm...usually the first consultation is free. They will give you an idea if you have a case, if there are enough assets worth going after, and can give you a ballpark figure what a civil suit is going to run you, win or lose.

Secondly, check with your state Dept of Consumer Affairs (or Bruiser's)...they may have ideas on what to do in your particular case...they may even decide it's in the states best interest to act on your behalf.

Third, contact the Better Business Bureau...they may also have ideas for you to consider, and you can file a complaint with them...it will downgrade their business profile.

I just had a body conversion and Hemi swap done with Dakota Customs...I checked on their reputation first, then took a leap of faith with a business I've never worked with before and a man that I've never met before. They did everything they promised they would do, in a timely manner as agreed upon. I'm very pleased with the results, and would recommend them. I have owned a small business for thirty years before retiring, and can tell you word of mouth advertisement is either the best thing that can happen to your biz, or the worse thing...make it the worse thing that ever happened to them...

I wish you the best of luck...

Sometimes having an attorney write a simple demand letter is all it takes to get the desired result...many companies don't want to risk litigation and legal fees if they know they are in the wrong...however, once you start the process, be prepared to go the" full monty" on this...I think initiating legal action is your best route for compensation. Not only do you have your initial investment with Bruiser, but additional monies invested to get your rig running correctly from another company.

I have enacted legal action in the past against those that have wronged me (not uncommon when you run a business for any length of time)...all have settled out of court...

WJCO

Meme King
I have enacted legal action in the past against those that have wronged me (not uncommon when you run a business for any length of time)...all have settled out of court...

Same here. Twice I have sued with good documentation where I have been wronged clearly. Both times it was settled outside of court in full. Take good pics of damages and keep invoices, etc.

Jamies72

I'd be lighting them up on social media as well. I looked at their IG and one post had a pic of two clearly used engines and the caption read "Out with the old in with the new". There's no way in hell I'd pay 30k for used parts

WJCO

Meme King
I'd be lighting them up on social media as well. I looked at their IG and one post had a pic of two clearly used engines and the caption read "Out with the old in with the new". There's no way in hell I'd pay 30k for used parts

Welcome to WAL.

Top Bottom