Wifes JL build up...Suger Booger

deantac

Yes I got front and rear install kits... it has Timken bearings, Koyo bearings and Korea bearing in the kit. LOL In a Spicer box that said India.

jesse3638

Hooked
Well I got a few more things done...real pain to do but I made it work. Mounted the rear bumper and got the sensors to work...fucking pain nothing went right... license plate holder and lights done.

View attachment 333133

So the bumper didn't come with any way of holding the sensors in the bumper so I pealed the factory holders off the factory bumper and mounted them to the Genright bumper.
View attachment 333134

But as you can see they got smashed by the cross member...so I drilled holes in the frame to make room. The outside ones cleared so no need to do anything to them.
View attachment 333136
View attachment 333137

The Artec plate holder I ordered had a few issues too. first I never thought about me running a spacer/adapter on the EVO tire carrier which flips the bolt pattern upside down...so the bracket will not fit the wider bolt pattern that now is on top. I made a bracket to fit the wider mount and welded it to their mounting part.

View attachment 333145

The one I made...it clears the camera lens, can not see it in the camera at all.

View attachment 333148

I used the factory wires to the rear license plate to use on the new plate mount....I ran them from the bumper harness through the tub at the jack storage area, there is a drain plug and I just ran the wire through it....then along the weather stripping through the wire protector into the tail gate then out to the tire.

View attachment 333151
View attachment 333152
View attachment 333153
View attachment 333154
View attachment 333155
View attachment 333156

The plate holder is supplied with screws that thread in the plate holder that has welded nuts on the backside to hold the plate...standard thread. The LEDs are metric ? so I had to drill out the threads to install the LEDs.

Done

View attachment 333160

Sounds like a typical project for me...:crazy eyes:

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

deantac

UPDATE....I have 37" Nitto's on my JL and I've had a shake / vibration since I installed them, I wasn't driving it much at all because I planned on going back to the Tire Shop in Lancaster.

They wanted to use tire balance beads.... I said ok but the whole time I was thinking this is not a good idea, I ran this stuff before when I was driving on square 44 TSL Swampers... but I did it anyway .

Well I went back and told them I want to take out the beads and use stick on weights...So on the tire balance machine four tires took 7.5 ounces on the inside and 7.5 on the outside. all four real close to this amount.

One was 15oz inside and out ! You could see the tire going up and down....so they rotated it 180...no change. after closer inspection half the bead would not seat all the way down like the others. dismounted re-lubed and over inflated then lots of standing around....They said they would order a new tire.

Well I got a call from them and Nitto wanted the tire so they could do a adjustment on it...I took that as a shave job to make it round. Tony at the Tire store said he sold me a new tire and I'm getting a new tire...cool. The new tire came in and the same fucking thing ! He ordered another and that one was ok.

So these Ridge Grapplers are a one and done set...

deantac

I signed up for the VIP Experience with Genright...Jordon Pellegrino was racing his new full suspension buggy and I got to spend the whole day with the race team chasing the car around the Ridgecrest desert.
Had a blast and would recommend it to everyone. Here is a few pic's.....Also I'm going V8 I could not come close to keeping up with Terramotto....Decided to take the gloves off with my Jeep and get crazy. lol

IMG_1882.jpg
IMG_1892.jpg
IMG_1888.jpg

deantac

I swapped bumpers too.....The ARB did not fit well with the CTI winch I have.....I went to the LoD destroyer.

I also cut off the fangs from the frame, much nicer clean look.

IMG_2022.jpg
IMG_2024.jpg
IMG_2025.jpg
IMG_2026.jpg
IMG_2027.jpg

deantac

Okay so I finally swapped gears on the JL...

Everything went ok... I did learn that the front and rear diff covers are not the same. I need to order a front I guess.

IMG_2047.jpg
IMG_2048.jpg
IMG_2050.jpg
So my new Pinion is marked +6 and the old pinion is marked .58 WTF does that mean LOL. When I Knocked out the inner pinion race I checked the shim stack and it was .48....then I subtracted the plus six and installed the inner race.

The pattern came out great...so I put everything back together.

IMG_2051.jpg
IMG_2053.jpg

IMG_2057.jpg
IMG_2058.jpg

All back together

IMG_2060.jpg

REAR

IMG_2062.jpg

I tried to pull the bearing off like the front but the roller cage was destroyed and had to cut the bearing race off.
IMG_2063.jpg
IMG_2065.jpg

I Pulled the magnet off then the engagement plate
IMG_2066.jpg
IMG_2067.jpg

Pressed on the new bearing....I used a hole saw to press it on, the bearing has a thin race and hole saw's work great for this.

IMG_2068.jpg
IMG_2069.jpg
IMG_2070.jpg
IMG_2071.jpg
IMG_2072.jpg
IMG_2073.jpg

So today I did a few short drives to heat cycle the ring and pinions and will drive it to work the next three days and should be good to go.

WJCO

Meme King
Nice work. I have that same bearing puller. Sometimes it does catch on the cage. But still works amazingly.

deantac

I don't have this Jeep no more.....the wife never warmed up to it like she thought she would, she never could get used to the steering and the wind moving it around. so I traded it in on a car she liked..... Oh well she's really happy now. :driving:

A Toyota Supra RS.

IMG_2334.jpg

wjtstudios

Hooked
I don't have this Jeep no more.....the wife never warmed up to it like she thought she would, she never could get used to the steering and the wind moving it around. so I traded it in on a car she liked..... Oh well she's really happy now. :driving:

A Toyota Supra RS.

View attachment 342292

Well that’s a completely different direction! Sweet car’

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

WJCO

Meme King

A Toyota Supra RS.

View attachment 342292

Nice clean slate for aftermarket 60s and 40s. Good move.

Top Bottom