SoCal Group

rubiDave

Hey Don, I would line to join for at least the first few days at Calico & CB. Maybe Big Bear if you go that route.
Hey Guys and Gals.

Looks like a trip is forming for Nov. 20-24th. The current plan is to camp near Odessa/Doran loop the first night and run the trail in the morning (21st). When that fun is done we'll head south for Cougar Buttes and camp there the night of the 21st and wheel CB the 22nd. As the trip gets closer we'll decide where we are going next. A couple of thoughts include Big Bear which is only an hour away from CB or Defense Mine which is substantially longer drive. Things are still in the planning stage but all the trails we are planning on running will be rated Difficult.

Lift, 35's, lockers, sliders, tow points/ winch are Strongly recommended
Body damage is possible

This is a family friendly trip.

If you want to come for a day or all days that's fine.

On the list so far...
Clearskies
ResurectionJK
jjlong
fiend

Maybe
BaddestCross
jesse3638
MericaMade

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Anyone know a good drive line shop in SoCal that will build me a custom rear DS ? Mine is getting close to going out . Could order a JE Reel to match the front but they are kind of pricey . Wouldn’t mind getting the front serviced while I’m at it

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
Anyone know a good drive line shop in SoCal that will build me a custom rear DS ? Mine is getting close to going out . Could order a JE Reel to match the front but they are kind of pricey . Wouldn’t mind getting the front serviced while I’m at it

About six months ago I had my rear driveshaft rebuilt at General Driveshaft Service in Monrovia. So far so good. I imagine they could build something from scratch. They replaced pretty much everything in mine.

Last edited:

TrailHunter

Hooked

I’ve been using DrivshaftPro in Gardena for years... not really much cheaper than JEreel but convenient.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
I’ve been using DrivshaftPro in Gardena for years... not really much cheaper than JEreel but convenient.

Assuming both of these shops will build custom drive shafts for your lift height if you bring the rig there ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrailHunter

Hooked
Assuming both of these shops will build custom drive shafts for your lift height if you bring the rig there ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d bring it there... On my front he gave me the flange and yoke first... then I installed them and sent him the measurement. I haven’t replaced the rear yet. But you are dropping off one for service as well, so it might be a few trips. I’d call whichever shop you use and talk to them first.

jesse3638

Hooked

High desert driveline in Hesperia is who I use and trust. He builds what ever the customer wants and is who I'm using to build my front when I replace it. May not be the closest to you though. Call and ask for Bruce he can walk you through how to measure correctly. He recently built my buddy a custom 1 piece aluminum drive shaft for his 70 Ford Pickup. Took all the info over the phone and if fit perfect. He also builds stuff for ultra4 cars so I think he's pretty legit...Haha.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

jjlong

I've used Inland Empire Driveline in Ontario. They were recommended to me from multiple people and did a good job rebuilding my front DS.

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
Marble Canyon...

Anyone know where the trailhead is for Marble Canyon.. Looks interesting. Please PM me if you know and don't mind sharing

Top Bottom