High clearance exhaust recommendations.

Redd107

I bought all the parts separately from amazon to make up a complete kit.
Look in the link I posted to Dynomax website earlier in this thread, all the part numbers are in there.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Picked up the parts for a total of around $330 shipped.

VeruGE*144, lmk how ur install goes. Expecting mine to slowly come in the next couple of days.

Good luck!

tanmanjk

U cant go wrong with flowmaster amreican thunder! Love the sound its deeper than most systems which is wat made the choice easy for me... i just wish i had ran mine out past the axle

Im running the the flowmaster hp2 which is the same muffler in the amreican thunder system and i love it
Did you get the shorty or the longer muffler? I've been looking at doing a new exhaust.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
I have the AFE Scorpion. I left the over axle piece off and just have a down turn off the muffler that exits near the rear wheel well. It is very very quiet. My tires are louder then it and thats not loud at all.

I run this same set up.......my muffler is right below the b-pillar.....I agree with your assessment of the exhaust note as well.

~Woodrow~

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I just installed my quiet crawler two day ago, I love it so far. I ended up trimming 5" of the tail pipe at very end right before the tip. I am debating on trimming another 1".
IMG_4580.jpg
IMG_4581.jpg
IMG_4585.jpg
IMG_4594.jpg
IMG_4590.jpg
IMG_4592.jpg

Redd107

I just installed my quiet crawler two day ago, I love it so far. I ended up trimming 5" of the tail pipe at very end right before the tip. I am debating on trimming another 1".
View attachment 259026
View attachment 259027
View attachment 259028
View attachment 259029
View attachment 259030
View attachment 259031

I got the 18"

Nice install! Awesome rig too!

Mine's all done as well. Although the flattish muffler seemed to be sagging on the inner side at first. It would roll down the pipes no matter how tight I had the bolts. Had too keep watch and re-adjust it a few times. Now the pipes seem to be seizing and finally holding everything in place.

Did u run into this as well? I may have the pieces welded should it keep rolling down.

Oh and it sounds REALLY good!

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Nice install! Awesome rig too!

Mine's all done as well. Although the flattish muffler seemed to be sagging on the inner side at first. It would roll down the pipes no matter how tight I had the bolts. Had too keep watch and re-adjust it a few times. Now the pipes seem to be seizing and finally holding everything in place.

Did u run into this as well? I may have the pieces welded should it keep rolling down.

Oh and it sounds REALLY good!

I did run into this. There was no relief cuts on the muffler I received. I had the whole thing in and was tightening the clamps when I noticed this. I ended up stripping one clamp. I took the whole thing out and cut the relief notches in the muffler. Holds good now.
IMG_4576.jpg
IMG_4577.jpg
IMG_4578.jpg

Redd107

I did run into this. There was no relief cuts on the muffler I received. I had the whole thing in and was tightening the clamps when I noticed this. I ended up stripping one clamp. I took the whole thing out and cut the relief notches in the muffler. Holds good now.
View attachment 259379
View attachment 259380
View attachment 259381

That's it! Just checked and ur right. No relief cuts. Guess I've got some more work to do. [emoji35]

IMG_6562.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6562.jpg
    IMG_6562.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 49

Redd107

View attachment 259379
View attachment 259380
View attachment 259381

VeruGE, what'd you use to make the cuts?

Thanks for the help!

Top Bottom