33s on stock jk

engineman1031

I have an 09 jk rubicon. Right now it's all bone stock. I'm lookin to upgrade to 33" general grabbers or at2's with no lift to start since it's the most expensive of the mods I wanna do. But will I have any issues. I'm already running 1.5" rugged ridge spacers so that'll rule out the rubbing. But anything else till I get the $ for like a 2" lift?
BTW it'll be on the stock rims. And any preference for the general tire brand?

cmireles

You might rub your fenders a bit but other than that you will be fine. If you wanted to you could do a leveling kit

Don't forget he's gonna rub a little on the sway bar at full turn too. Solution = wheel spacers or wheels with less back spacing

sean112280

I have an 09 jk rubicon. Right now it's all bone stock. I'm lookin to upgrade to 33" general grabbers or at2's with no lift to start since it's the most expensive of the mods I wanna do. But will I have any issues. I'm already running 1.5" rugged ridge spacers so that'll rule out the rubbing. But anything else till I get the $ for like a 2" lift?
BTW it'll be on the stock rims. And any preference for the general tire brand?

I have the General Grabber AT2's on my Commander. Have had no issues with them at all. overall they are a good tire:thumb:

Attachments

• XK.jpg
    XK.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:

thardy

Banned
I ran 285/75r16s with no lift for a while and never had an issue. I've now got the 4dr rubicon springs on my 2dr and have plenty of room!

Sent from the Wayalife mobile app

Flyboy88

Just got 285s on mine today. Only a little rubbing at full lock, but I also haven't had it off road any.

Sent from my XT1030 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1413943352963.jpg
    1413943352963.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 126

JKWrang

I believe most recommend no greater than 12.5 width on stock JK wheels

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
Just got 285s on mine today. Only a little rubbing at full lock, but I also haven't had it off road any.

Are you running wheel spacers? I'm needing tires but I don't want to buy spacers because gonna get new wheels later.

O|||||||O
JK🇺🇸

BumpStick

Are you running wheel spacers? I'm needing tires but I don't want to buy spacers because gonna get new wheels later.

O|||||||O
JK

I ran 305/70/16 on my stock steel wheels on and off road. If you leave the sway bar connected the only rubbing you will see is minor rubbing on the sway bar at full lock. I never disconnected the sway bar so idk if doing so it would rub the fender.

Flyboy88

No spacers. Planning to go with a 4" lift and 37s come spring, so didn't want to throw more money into this than I had to.

Top Bottom