JL Wrangler Spottings

JAGS

Hooked
I'm curious if that is the power soft top? The frame pieces along the top of the door look very different than my premium soft top.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Your right, looking back at it, the wheel is turned. I am curious why it has half doors without actually having have doors though. It doesn't look bad, but you can kind of tell how half doors would look better

The doors are a throwback to the TJ full doors only more pronounced. I have yet to see or hear anything in regards to a half door option but like you, I'd have to think they'd look great! If I can, that's what I'll want to order my JL with :yup:

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
It's killing me to know if JK mods will fit The JL, specifically the front and rear bumpers/carriers. As for being fired, lol, I'm sure the UAW would have something to say about firing someone for snapping a photo lol.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Necro

It kinda looks like the windshield might still fold... I had heard they were doing away with that feature...

longarmwj

It also looks like the door handles don't have the button to open them anymore. They look like traditional pull handles.

GunGuy69

I live out in Pahrump Nevada and I have been seeing these all summer. They have been testing them out in the desert on local trails. I have tried to follow them a couple of times but have been going the wrong direction and by the time I get turned around they disappear.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It kinda looks like the windshield might still fold... I had heard they were doing away with that feature...

They were supposed to get rid of it as keeping it adds a lot of weight but in the end, I hear they decided to keep this useless function. :rolleyes2:

It also looks like the door handles don't have the button to open them anymore. They look like traditional pull handles.

Not exactly paddles but I would like the pull handles. :yup:

What's the big deal with taking a picture, if it is sitting there without the cover on it they can't be worried about people seeing it finally?

Beats me. Back when the JK was about to come out, they ran it out on the Rubicon totally uncovered. Nobody even knew what they were looking at. Of course, Jeep was run by Daimler back then and Fiat has their own idea about things.

JThompson

What's the big deal with taking a picture, if it is sitting there without the cover on it they can't be worried about people seeing it finally?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

The big deal is when you step foot inside the factory you sign an agreement that says you will abide by their rules. One of their rules is no photos.

No one says you have to go into the plant, but if you do you sign their agreement. FCA is spending a bunch of cash to unveil the JL at the LA autoshow. The last thing they need/want is some muppet screwing it up for them. And I would be willing to bet the photo was taken by a supplier who no longer works on the JL program. Union workers do some stupid #*@$, but taking pictures isnt one of them. Smoke weed on company time? Sure. Take a photo of a prototype build? No chance. Even the UAW couldnt save you.

Jim

kflohrit

The doors are a throwback to the TJ full doors only more pronounced. I have yet to see or hear anything in regards to a half door option but like you, I'd have to think they'd look great! If I can, that's what I'll want to order my JL with :yup:

I would say, based on the hinge placement being below the embossed body-line, that they intend on offering a half-door.

Top Bottom