Willys-Overland Build Thread

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
Had a spare hitch ball mount laying around and since I still run the factory tire carrier, decided to make a beaver tail.

I wasn’t to keen of the lip on the mount so I made it smooth. My angle grinder was not happy... IMG_8126.jpg

IMG_8125.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Looks fun, not for the grinder though lol. Flap discs work great for grinding stuff smooth.
Are the gears all fixed up yet?

jesse3638

Hooked
Looks fun, not for the grinder though lol. Flap discs work great for grinding stuff smooth.
Are the gears all fixed up yet?
Yeah cut off wheel just be careful those things will duck you up then a 30 grit flap wheel. I wish I had this rid bit of info when installed my lift. Using the grinder to smooth everything out after cutting off the control mounts sucked.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Yeah cut off wheel just be careful those things will duck you up then a 30 grit flap wheel. I wish I had this rid bit of info when installed my lift. Using the grinder to smooth everything out after cutting off the control mounts sucked.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yea tell me about it, I hate grinders, the only time I like the grinder is with a flop disc. I always try my cordless Milwaukee sawzall with a Diablo blade ( good blade is key) first in a tight spot. It works surprisingly well. If that doesn’t work I’ll go to a grinder with a cut of wheel.

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
Mobil 1 sure does get pricey when u jump from 75w90 to 75w140!!! At another $7 quart, I went with valvoline this time.

Also, gave the diff covers a fresh coat of paint while it was apart.

IMG_8150.jpg

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
Looks good! How was Bantam this year?

It was good. They did take some optional rock lines out of the Blues so that was a bit disappointing.

Other than that, it was a good trip. My kids had a blast.

I stayed my ass away from the mud pits yet still spent the evening yesterday trying to clean up the underside. I think it’s time to introduce my gas tank Skid to a BFH. The gap has grown considerably where the Skid meets the frame rail.

Ddays

Hooked
It was good. They did take some optional rock lines out of the Blues so that was a bit disappointing.

Other than that, it was a good trip. My kids had a blast.

I stayed my ass away from the mud pits yet still spent the evening yesterday trying to clean up the underside. I think it’s time to introduce my gas tank Skid to a BFH. The gap has grown considerably where the Skid meets the frame rail.

Just signed up for the Laurel Highlands Jeepfest. I am definitely going this year. You gonna go back again? Maybe if Jeffj doesn't go we can win a prize ;)

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
Just signed up for the Laurel Highlands Jeepfest. I am definitely going this year. You gonna go back again? Maybe if Jeffj doesn't go we can win a prize ;)

Remember, he only came in 2nd, lol...

I’ll be there again. I just got the email that registration was open this morning. Maybe the registration will be my Father’s Day gift...

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
Bought some bare steel tube doors and used some pet barrier screen to make a DIY mesh kit. $200 is just nuts when DIY ran $25.

This is as much door as I’m willing to run to appease the PA Vehicle Code enforcers. IMG_8425.jpg IMG_8424.jpg

Top Bottom