Reverse lights..

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
That would be super helpful man, thanks a lot! Also, did you just splice them into the factory taillight harness for power, or did you use a relay/switch setup?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Relay/switch setup. Mine is a simple SPST rocker and a standard 12V relay but you can get fancy and use a three-way switch and relay for ON-OFF-ON W/ STOCK LAMPS or simply tap into the reverse lamp wiring to control your relay. You should be fine running the LED lamps without a relay but I'm of the mindset that the relay provides an added safety factor. As always: check whatever wiring you use to ensure it is rated for the amperage you plan on drawing.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I did an led reverse bulb myself. Let me see if I can find the one I use. Had the same bulbs in for about 5 years now

jmayps

I did an led reverse bulb myself. Let me see if I can find the one I use. Had the same bulbs in for about 5 years now

Any issues with the led lightbulb causing the jeep to act like the lightbulb is out? I tried to replace my reverse lightbulbs with leds and it gives me the rapid blinkers signal.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jmayps

I just answered my own question and realized something. The lightbulbs gave me the rapid blinker signal when they were in the brake light spot (since that’s what actually flashed when you use your turn signal I believe). They leds work in the reverse light spot, but they do a pretty piss poor job of providing an light out back. I think i just need to get different bulbs and try again.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Any issues with the led lightbulb causing the jeep to act like the lightbulb is out? I tried to replace my reverse lightbulbs with leds and it gives me the rapid blinkers signal.

Other than the brake/turn signal bulb actually blowing out over time due to wear, no I haven’t had any issues. Only replaced each turn bulb once so I wouldn’t say it was caused by the backup lights

jmayps

Other than the brake/turn signal bulb actually blowing out over time due to wear, no I haven’t had any issues. Only replaced each turn bulb once so I wouldn’t say it was caused by the backup lights

Ok good to know. I ended up putting the stock brake lights back in and will find another style of led bulbs for the backup bulbs. I also just ordered a set of low profile led lights similar to what ridged has to go on the rear fascia that will be hooked up to a switch. Eventually I’ll be able to see what’s behind me

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Ok good to know. I ended up putting the stock brake lights back in and will find another style of led bulbs for the backup bulbs. I also just ordered a set of low profile led lights similar to what ridged has to go on the rear fascia that will be hooked up to a switch. Eventually I’ll be able to see what’s behind me

Here is a very old thread with ideas for you on what to use. I remember that I bought the cree bulbs in the third post
Backup light upgrades?
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=11873

mule

I picked up some cheapie Amazon flood cubes, and bent a piece of conduit, and attaché below the spare tire. Tapped it into the reverse light.

I'll add a pic when I get off work. One side has a little bit of a downward turn. It sounds janky, but looks nice enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thunder

Here's mine. Wired to a 3-way switch to be on when in reverse, always on, or off.
No drilling. There are already holes there in the EVO Fascia.

IMG_2801.jpg

Top Bottom