Dcbjk's build thread and picture diary of D-day 2.0

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Little peak of Spring here in ENC and a beautiful sunrise

20190207_065836_HDR.jpg

Finished off with a awesome dash cam sunset

20190213_175023.jpg 20190213_175035.jpg 20190213_180310.jpg

Just a sneak tease but D-day may be due for a little weight loss and new look program this summer [emoji6]

Sent from my LG-US701 using WAYALIFE mobile app

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
20190322_144613_HDR.jpg
So hello to all my Wayalife family/ community been wayyyyy too long since I have posted, all I can say is Farm life is tough with long hours continuous work.

This past week I worked 75 hours between the research station and family farm my life is in full work mode til the fall comes into play.

D-day is in need of some minor TLC as I she needs new shoes, brakes, diff, tcase and tmission fluids along with longer brake lines and rear breather hose so all that is still to come other than that she is doing great just gotta find time to give her some attention.

Cheers to all and hopefully ill be able to post a bit more but for now I get up, work, sleep and repeat

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Hello to all my Wayalife community so I did a thing today I traveled up to Raleigh and bought D-day a new to me 2019 stock rubicon wheels and tires with 2000 miles on em for only 1k for all 5.
I also decided to try out no spacers due to finding out also that D-days front left wheel bearing is going out.

20190524_131005_HDR.jpg

Let me know what you guys think of D-days new look. Also any advice on replacing wheel bearing or some diagnosing bad wheel bearing will be appreciated.
Cheers and Happy Memorial Day

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Hello to all my Wayalife community so I did a thing today I traveled up to Raleigh and bought D-day a new to me 2019 stock rubicon wheels and tires with 2000 miles on em for only 1k for all 5.
I also decided to try out no spacers due to finding out also that D-days front left wheel bearing is going out.

View attachment 327596

Let me know what you guys think of D-days new look. Also any advice on replacing wheel bearing or some diagnosing bad wheel bearing will be appreciated.
Cheers and Happy Memorial Day

I always do like the look of the Rubi wheels and tires. Nice find!

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
I always do like the look of the Rubi wheels and tires. Nice find!
Same here Coz everytime I found them they were already gone within 2 day period. I eventually have to get new set of lug nuts the ones that came with the set don't fit my threads which I found wierd but the JL may be a bit different

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Same here everytime I found them they were already gone within 2 day period. I eventually have to get new set of lug nuts the ones that came with the set don't fit my threads which I found wierd but the JL may be a bit different

JK= 1/2 inch.

JL= 14 mm.

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
JK= 1/2 inch.

JL= 14 mm.
Thank WJCO thats good to know for future
the guy at my tire shop said to go to carquest or O-Reillys and get new set of lug nuts with bigger flare so that they fit better on the wheels any advice on purchasing good quality new lug nuts will be appreciated as well
Thabk you all for chiming in

USMC Wrangler

Looks great, David! [emoji1303]

I just replaced both of my front unit bearings. The ones linked in Eddie’s writeup have short speed sensor wires. I have since learned there are bearings with longer wires. Just look up your year. If you still end up short, just re-route them, it’ll be fine.

I personally found the job itself fairly easy. I only had to buy the socket for the axle nut. I think it was 36mm, but double check the unit bearing writeup.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/19332-Jeep-JK-Wrangler-Unit-Bearing-Replacement-Write-Up

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Looks great, David! [emoji1303]

I just replaced both of my front unit bearings. The ones linked in Eddie’s writeup have short speed sensor wires. I have since learned there are bearings with longer wires. Just look up your year. If you still end up short, just re-route them, it’ll be fine.

I personally found the job itself fairly easy. I only had to buy the socket for the axle nut. I think it was 36mm, but double check the unit bearing writeup.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/19332-Jeep-JK-Wrangler-Unit-Bearing-Replacement-Write-Up
Thanks man I love em so far and thank you for the advice on the unit bearings

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
So I have a question for the Wayalife community what is a good lug nut solution to make it where the lug nuts properly seal onto the JL rubicon wheels.
Any and all advice is much appreciated as im not finding much help within my research.
And GO

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Hello all my wayalifers have missed yall so much, due to lack of time, no laptop and app issues, its been hard to make post.
So enough of that D-day has been doing great I did finally get the unit bearing replaced and so far so good. I'm hoping thats the last of the problems for now haha.
I have a few projects I'm looking to do in the coming years ahead.
1- I found a guy Kev Creations on Facebook that makes custom solid wood shift knobs so I'm saving up for a pair of them just little something i wanted to do since my shift knob is partially broke figured I get something personalized and unique.

2- I'm gonna upgrade to some built up Rubicon Axles since I dont get to wheel much and upgrade driveshafts after that I'm thinking Adams 1310 I don't plan on going bigger than 35s if that happens.

3- I know everybodies opinions are very subjective on superchargers due to past experiences but I wanna give it a try. As bad as I would love to do a LS swap or diesel swap it would take me forever to save for one so thats why I wanted to try the supercharger. I'm looking into a RIPP so we shall see.

Well enough chattering heres a recent pic of D-day 2.0. Hopefully I can get this app issue fixed soon. Cheers to all.

Attachments

• 20200329_121401_HDR.jpg
    20200329_121401_HDR.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 75

USMC Wrangler

Hello all my wayalifers have missed yall so much, due to lack of time, no laptop and app issues, its been hard to make post.
So enough of that D-day has been doing great I did finally get the unit bearing replaced and so far so good. I'm hoping thats the last of the problems for now haha.
I have a few projects I'm looking to do in the coming years ahead.
1- I found a guy Kev Creations on Facebook that makes custom solid wood shift knobs so I'm saving up for a pair of them just little something i wanted to do since my shift knob is partially broke figured I get something personalized and unique.

2- I'm gonna upgrade to some built up Rubicon Axles since I dont get to wheel much and upgrade driveshafts after that I'm thinking Adams 1310 I don't plan on going bigger than 35s if that happens.

3- I know everybodies opinions are very subjective on superchargers due to past experiences but I wanna give it a try. As bad as I would love to do a LS swap or diesel swap it would take me forever to save for one so thats why I wanted to try the supercharger. I'm looking into a RIPP so we shall see.

Well enough chattering heres a recent pic of D-day 2.0. Hopefully I can get this app issue fixed soon. Cheers to all.

Check out the Exodus Jeeps YouTube channel for a supercharger update. Looks like there is a good possibility for the one Bubba is testing out.

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Check out the Exodus Jeeps YouTube channel for a supercharger update. Looks like there is a good possibility for the one Bubba is testing out.

10-4 I’ll have to check it out and also great news thanks to the stimulus me and my wife have gotten some new phones IPhone 11 Pros so get ready cause I’m back jack. Hopefully lots more post and pics coming.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
So I got a chance to finally visit my favorite photography spot for D-day some of the good ol social distancing hahaha enjoy the pics. Putting my new phone camera through its paces.
IMG_0209.jpg
IMG_0210.jpg
IMG_0211.jpg
Cheers everybody

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
On this beautiful Saturday I decided to catch a good North Carolina sunset. Enjoy the pics tomorrow I start bog disking our lot final stage of prep before the house comes in.
IMG_0233.jpg
IMG_0234.jpg
IMG_0236.jpg
IMG_0237.jpg
Cheers guys

WJCO

Meme King
On this beautiful Saturday I decided to catch a good North Carolina sunset. Enjoy the pics tomorrow I start bog disking our lot final stage of prep before the house comes in.

Cheers guys

Beautiful pics. Love that color. Take lots of pics of the house install and post them.

Top Bottom