FIRST TIME : Lifted Jeep Renegade Trailhawk & Stock JK Rubicon on the Rocks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Another great video Cindy and Eddie! Love how capable the renegade is! I'm glad to see that you had so much fun pushing it to its limits!

Thanks Steve. You know we wouldn't have it any other way :D

Ive been watching your videos on the renegade and I hate myself for saying so, but I like it. Seems equally capable to the new Cherokee, and a whole lot more fun. I was amazed when you managed to crawl those rocks and not do any damage. I was waiting for you to come off the other end and leave the bumper behind or some such. But nope. Now I just need my wife to buy off on the fact that we "need" a renegade. Yeah that's it... we "need" one. I should trade her Lincoln MKC in on it as a surprise for her on Valentines day!

LOL!! We did a little damage but nothing of significance but when we went into it, I thought we may have done a lot more.

Dang that Renegade is impressive. I thought it did great considering some of the lines it took, although I was winching several times when I though it was going to go down hard on the rocker panel.

We did come down hard once and to the point where it bent up one of the rocker trim mounting points but, it really was no big deal and I was able to straighten it out over lunch.

I, truly, enjoy watching the videos of Renny going through its paces. And, yes, the transformation from stock Renny to lets hit the rocks Renny. A joy. Thank you for sharing.

Glad to hear it :)

That jeep is awesome. Trying to talk the wife into getting one for her

I think the two of you would enjoy it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Still not a fan of the new renegade's looks and its type of vehicle but, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't impressed with its capability. Very cool video!

Thanks! It's a good thing that Jeep makes a bunch of different vehicles. Clearly, some appeal more to others than not but in the end, they're still all Jeeps :)

I thought this was a great video to showcase what can be done with a lesser vehicle. People sometimes get too wrapped up in spending loads of money for upgrades before they even hit the trails. Jeeps are extremely capable in stock form. Get out there and test your jeep and yourself. Thanks for sharing.

Agreed. There is so much fun you can have without throwing more money at your Jeep than is needed.

Nice video with the comparisons. I really like the Renegade ESPECIALLY after you have modified it. I'll say it again they should come stock like that. So question. How's the gas mileage with the new shoes?

Just like any Jeep, once you build it up, MPG will go down. Still getting about 20 MPG with my heavy foot but it was getting more like 28 before.

Fantastic Destination video! You really captured what I've experienced wheeling with you, Tony and Steph. Add Tom and Susan and you have three awesome couples.

Thanks Frank, you know spending time with our friends is what it's all about. The wheeling thing is just icing on the cake.

sunnysideup

long term durability?

Looks like the little toaster did really good! I took a forester subi off road a few times, no low range so it did no where near as good as the renegade... but it seemed to not like it real well. a little extra noise after each trip... so I just quit taking it on anything more than gravel.
I look forward to hearing about how well it holds up over the long haul. If it gets really squeaky and turns into a rattle can, or if continues to seem like it was built for at least a little time off road! From what it has been Advertised as being, I would hope it maintains nothing but minor scratches and dents. It looked like it did really well!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Lol! [emoji23] wonder how moochie's Cherokee would do compared to the renegade?

I bet Moochie's Cherokee would do pretty good. But, the odds of him scratching up his bumper and rockers would be pretty high :crazyeyes:

I got a chance to drive the Renegade at the FCA introduction.
I liked the way it handled on dirt trails and the IFS made wash boards smoother than a straight axle Jeep.
I was not impressed with its rock crawling ability. Going up the wash with a bunch of inexperienced magazine guys, they quickly broke the rear drive train.
It seemed great to go skiing, out camping, or to the mall.

I enjoyed your video and am looking forward to how far you can push its abilities.

Wow, how the hell did you get to go to the FCA introduction?? I personally know the senior designer of Jeep and other top officials and I never get invited to their events. As far as the magazine guys go, I think it's clear they really don't care much for the Renegade and never gave it a fair shake OR, they just suck as drivers.

Thank You for the awesome video! Now, I will be showing the video to a friend of mine so he can show to his wife, so he can start making it better and taking it off the road. Like always, Thank you for the great information.

LOL!! Hope we were of some help :D

Clem319

My wife and I laughed as Renny went over the rocks. I hated the renegades when they came out. You have changed my mind and I actually kinda like them now. I dig the little lift and black rims.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like the little toaster did really good! I took a forester subi off road a few times, no low range so it did no where near as good as the renegade... but it seemed to not like it real well. a little extra noise after each trip... so I just quit taking it on anything more than gravel.
I look forward to hearing about how well it holds up over the long haul. If it gets really squeaky and turns into a rattle can, or if continues to seem like it was built for at least a little time off road! From what it has been Advertised as being, I would hope it maintains nothing but minor scratches and dents. It looked like it did really well!

We have about 10,000 miles on our Renegade now and so far, we have one rattle on the passenger side sun visor but then, we've always had it. The tires are much louder than the stock street tires and our new light bar whistles in the wind but the rest of the Renegade seems good.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
My wife and I laughed as Renny went over the rocks. I hated the renegades when they came out. You have changed my mind and I actually kinda like them now. I dig the little lift and black rims.

:cheesy: It's hard not to laugh. It's funny for sure but it's also fun to watch. Really amazing even to us what all it could do.

UGAdudeoo7

Another awesome production! The renegade impresses yet again!

Between convincing my wife to buy a renegade and progressing through the Wayalife features, like I do every time there's a new video, I'll be gainfully employed tonight.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I thought it did really well. I'd drive it [emoji106]

And, I think you'd have fun driving it too :yup:

Cage match?

Let's do it! :thumb:

Another awesome production! The renegade impresses yet again!

Between convincing my wife to buy a renegade and progressing through the Wayalife features, like I do every time there's a new video, I'll be gainfully employed tonight.

LOL!! Thanks

jagrubb99

Awesome video! Initially, I did not particularly care for the renegade as it appeared to be just a little grocery getter. The more I read and watch what you guys have discovered with Renny the more impressed I have become! It looks like a capable little rig for someone wanting a mini rig that compromises off road capability with drivability and comfort! Really the only "4x4 compact" out there. Love it! Thank you guys for all the awesome videos. I find myself watching them in any free time I get.

JAGS

Hooked
Cage match?

Let's do it! :thumb:

This would be fun.

Ha ha. That would be awesome. Though not really fair. The renegade is now "highly modified." [emoji2]

I'm actually somewhat torn between a renegade and Cherokee as a daily, or waiting for the JL.

So many people hate the non-wrangler models, but I think they are a great Jeep brand extension. My grandpa recently traded in his JK for a 2016 Cherokee and loves it.

boardsurfer

Nice driving, Eddie. That little thing just kept going! Your friends driving were very endearing. Great video, and thank you for sharing that.

Idaho 51

awesome little trail hawk

it is interesting to see the little guy go and go. the driver makes it look easy, spotter assist helps. the electronics are changing the world. now imagine the driverless.....:eek:

jkrichard

Not that I'd buy one but still quite impressed with its capabilities. I have a friend that let his wife buy a Renegade, trying to convince her to let us have our way with the car... keep posting sweet videos so I can use them in this uphill battle.

When I was at EJS 2 years ago they said stock the Renegade could do a 5 rated trail, I'm not seeing that capability, but... a solid 2, and maybe some 3's

DMF

The pics of your Renegade does not do it any justice after seeing it in person. And after watching this video I'm shocked to see what it's capable of doing.

Top Bottom