JEEP TECH : How to Install ATX Slab Bead Lock Wheels Video w/ Off Road Evolution

aTX427

....so Mel's tire must have been oversized, because after a 30 minutes of jumping, prying, flipping, kicking and pulling, I cannot get one 40" Cooper on a Chamber 2.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
....so Mel's tire must have been oversized, because after a 30 minutes of jumping, prying, flipping, kicking and pulling, I cannot get one 40" Cooper otoast Chamber 2.

LOL - the tire Mel used on the video was used. New tires are always harder. That being said, if a tnt guy like me can do it, so can you :yup:

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

aTX427

Hmm, OK, I'll go buy some tire installation lube instead of soapy water. How much flash should I trim - just enough to chamfer it or until the lip is flat? Should I trim both sides of the tire or just the ring side?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm, OK, I'll go buy some tire installation lube instead of soapy water. How much flash should I trim - just enough to chamfer it or until the lip is flat? Should I trim both sides of the tire or just the ring side?

Ruglide from Napa is what I like to use. Also, when installing, don't bother with trying to throw the wheel into the tire - that only works with a used tire. Instead, be more careful to push it in on one side as far as you can and at a shallower angle so that the bead of the tire is pressing up against the wheel. Try to keep the bead from dropping into the center of the wheel where it is the deepest. This will only make it harder to get the rest of it in. From there, stand on the tire and use the base of your foot to pound it in. You can see this process at about 1:40 on this video:

Here's a write-up that might help out too:
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/46456-Trail-Ready-Beadlock-Wheels-Installation-Write-Up

Regarding the flashing, I would only concern yourself with it IF it looks like you have a lot of it.

Ddays

Hooked
....so Mel's tire must have been oversized, because after a 30 minutes of jumping, prying, flipping, kicking and pulling, I cannot get one 40" Cooper on a Chamber 2.

LOL - the tire Mel used on the video was used. New tires are always harder. That being said, if a tnt guy like me can do it, so can you :yup:

:cheesy: I feel your pain! When I first tried mounting mine I think I PM'd Eddie like 10 times! I'm sure he was wondering WTF, this guys retarded or something. Mounting these is kinda like getting those Rock Hard 4x4 side supports to slip into place - once you figure out the right spot - *BAM* - they'll pop right in. Like Eddie said - don't give up - they'll go eventually. :thumb:

aTX427

Thanks for all the tips. Like many things in life, practice helps. By the time I finished the fourth tire, I was down to about 40 minutes start to finish. I'll do the 5th later on. Need to save some fun for another day.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom